Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 28 08 6:05 PM

fila is making a big comeback with them sponsoring nas and all. I would expect to see some big stuff from them soon such as retroed gh2

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Da Future Nike Rep

Registered Member

#25 [url]

Aug 30 08 4:16 PM

^Grant Hill can still play!
If you need to see more Fila Grant Hill shoes you can find my collection pictures in the Sneaker Showcase forum. I have a nice amount, i want more.

The Fila Grant Hill 3 Mids doesnt really have any type of support lol, when a few of you said that i thought about how the shoe actually felt on my feet everytime that i wore them. They just feel bulky and loose. I love the reflective fila sign on the side though, those to me are the best grant hill shoes on the physical side.

I love Grant Hill kicks, i wish that i could see the models that the public never got to see.

I am going to bring FILA back yall lol.

One

Quote    Reply   

DownyBoy

Registered Member

#27 [url]

Sep 3 08 8:56 AM

NobleKane wrote:
DownyBoy wrote:
NobleKane wrote:
Super Producer J wrote:
I cannot believe that these have been retroed before. Seriously, when was this? I consider these to be the first shoe I fell in love with, these are my grails of all grails. Perhaps they retroed before I found NT.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated, size 9 in that colorway image.
slips my mind but i want to say 2 years ago was the last time they retroed. they were on zappos.com like forever. nobody wanted them.

the first time they retroed was like in 2001 or 2002 and i bought two pairs for i believe 29.99 each. the og colorway and the black/orlando blue = colorway. big 5 had a ton of them back then

did they really retro the OG colorway? i definitely would have grabbed a pair of those.

melonhead has the first retro of the og colorway in that pic he posted.

ill post the second retro of the og colorway and the orlando magic colorway later

i been trying to sell the orlando colorway for years but nobody likes um image

oh my. i need to find the white/blue version. i always thought the orlando colorway was one of the only retro colors. dammit

speak softly and carry a big stick -Roosevelt
variety is the spice of life

Quote    Reply   

sneakermane

Registered Member

#30 [url]

Sep 5 08 4:28 AM

DownyBoy wrote:
NobleKane wrote:

DownyBoy wrote:

NobleKane wrote:

Super Producer J wrote:

I cannot believe that these have been retroed before. Seriously, when was this? I consider these to be the first shoe I fell in love with, these are my grails of all grails. Perhaps they retroed before I found NT.

slips my mind but i want to say 2 years ago was the last time they retroed. they were on zappos.com like forever. nobody wanted them.

the first time they retroed was like in 2001 or 2002 and i bought two pairs for i believe 29.99 each. the og colorway and the black/orlando blue = colorway. big 5 had a ton of them back then

did they really retro the OG colorway? i definitely would have grabbed a pair of those.

ill post the second retro of the og colorway and the orlando magic colorway later

oh my. i need to find the white/blue version. i always thought the orlando colorway was one of the only retro colors. dammit

I was about to scream DUCK TALES...Cause I remembered no Orlando colorway. I had all 3 OG Colorways when they originally dropped...white/patent blue, black/3m, & blue/white. In B'more...all 3 were rocked with a passion back then, the blue/white colorway was official!!!

The Orlandos were a retro colorway, then. But what kind of retro campaign did they have if I never even knew they were retroed?! It had to be a regional thing cause they dropped nowhere around here?! I know about the Grant Hill 1s being nu-retoed & then accurately retroed...but I wasn't a fan of the 1s. That pic of the GH2s white/patent blue is just georgeous...& I'm not even a fan of Fila anymore. I would of copped those for sure just for nostalgic purposes.

Damn Fila and their "secret retro" drops.

TEAM

B A L T I M O R E

Last Edited By: sneakermane Sep 5 08 4:34 AM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sooperhooper

Registered Member

#32 [url]

Sep 9 08 3:07 AM

joints were straight piff status in 7th grade i always thought of the design as a 'shoe in a shoe'.

I keep a fresh pair on, and they always crispy like Ritz crackers,
I break so many necks my kicks should come with chiropractors

Quote    Reply   

NobleKane

Registered Member

#33 [url]

Sep 9 08 6:50 PM

sneakermane wrote:
DownyBoy wrote:
NobleKane wrote:

DownyBoy wrote:

NobleKane wrote:

Super Producer J wrote:

I was about to scream DUCK TALES...Cause I remembered no Orlando colorway. I had all 3 OG Colorways when they originally dropped...white/patent blue, black/3m, & blue/white. In B'more...all 3 were rocked with a passion back then, the blue/white colorway was official!!!

The Orlandos were a retro colorway, then. But what kind of retro campaign did they have if I never even knew they were retroed?! It had to be a regional thing cause they dropped nowhere around here?! I know about the Grant Hill 1s being nu-retoed & then accurately retroed...but I wasn't a fan of the 1s. That pic of the GH2s white/patent blue is just georgeous...& I'm not even a fan of Fila anymore. I would of copped those for sure just for nostalgic purposes.

Damn Fila and their "secret retro" drops. image
The original gh 1 was actually retroed first then the nu retro versions(i have a cool grey version that i posted on here before and suspected that JB took the colorway idea to make the cool grey XI)AND then retroed the og gh 1 TWICE after that. So the og colorway of the gh 1 has been retroed 3 times not including the nu retro version... They also had an orlando colorway of the GH1 that was in the second retro line up. I had them but sold them. It was a dope colorway. It had a ice orlando blue outsole...

as for the campaign of the gh2 retro, there was none... i remember reading a paper at the post office and big 5(a sporting good store who sells cheap discounted shoes) had both og and orlando colorways in the paper for i believe 29.99. this was in northern california. that was the first time they were retroed. the second time around, nt was aware of them because it was posted on here that zappos.com had um. they had the og colorway and about 5 other colorways that looked god awful... the patent leather line of the majority of the other coloways had a fade design to them... nobody really cared. the og colorway stayed there for months

For Sale brand new Deadstock Nike Lebron 3 birthday pack size 11.5 $200 shipped via paypal payment sent as gift pm me or email at [email protected] if interested. 

Quote    Reply   

KingJay718

Registered Member

#35 [url]

Sep 10 08 9:52 AM

Say what you want about the GH3, but they sold in 96-97. I remember being in 7th grade rockin the GH3, in white/blk, and pretending I'm Grant Hill on the court, and in gym class.

Back to the topic at hand. GH2 was crack. Especially the Olympic colorway, with the 3 stars at the toe box.

Super Nova
Yankees Baseball 2012

Quote    Reply   

r00m112

Registered Member

#39 [url]

Oct 12 09 1:27 PM

jeremymacky wrote:
for anyone who lives near a bealls outlet, gh2 is available for 30.
I wonder if these will be hitting any Fila outlets for around that price. I mean, they been up for months on finishline.com now for 39.99.

Check out my blog at www.YouKnowIGotSoul.com for the latest in REAL RnB and Hip Hop.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help