Remove this ad

flossb15

Registered Member

#42 [url]

Sep 28 06 10:18 AM

Re: Yo lets get a tips, tricks & steps to help Produce

Yea guys please add on tips and tricks and usual habits into getting creative...the more tips and questions the more info we can add on

My favorite thing and what will be a trademark will be finding an abstract sound or somekind of fx and then pitching it or changing the modulation...then dropping in the drums...makes it interesting to me

********Remember there is technically no right or wrong beats or ways to create, its an artform...So don't make beats for others, make them for your enjoyment...and keep all your work...someone else trash is another artists gold********

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#44 [url]

Sep 28 06 11:12 AM

Yea def. Don't let the haters get to you, even if the whole world hate it, keep going

Also for those who use hardware like keyboards and mpc's how do you got about your sequences?

1. Do you do 4 or 8 bar loops with every instrument then dump into pc and take away instruments for verse or chorus

Or

2. Put in each diff. Seq in the equipment and combine the song in the machine, then record it to disk

Quote    Reply   

RELISH.niketalk

Registered Member

#45 [url]

Sep 28 06 4:45 PM

Quote:
most importantly...dont let haters get to u...i know i never will...for every hater i got 5 people tellin me my is dope

and for every 5 people telling you your @#%$ is dope, only one of them is sincere. so it pretty much evens out (and dude i'm not singling you out or dissing you, the fact is 80% of the people you talk to are yesmen)

Quote    Reply   

purple 5

#46 [url]

Sep 28 06 4:51 PM

Quote:
and dude i'm not singling you out or dissing you, the fact is 80% of the people you talk to are yesmen)

true... but i find that you find more honest feedback on the internet

i smile cause i know you up above givin heaven a sound
i smile cause i know you working on a mean bassline in the clouds

Quote    Reply   

ZOMBIE MODE

Registered Member

#47 [url]

Sep 28 06 4:55 PM

In Reason, put the combinator to work.

sure, the stock sounds in reason are great, but what's even greater is making your own sounds. It might seem like a tedious task at first, but the more you use it, the easier it will become.

The combinator allows you to mash any of the Malstrom, Subtractor, NNXT, and NN19 sounds together along with effects, reverb, screamer, etc. so that you can create and tweak your own @#%$.

I have found myself sitting in front of the comp at times for hours just messing with the combinator and not even making a beat.

Be sure to save what you create, and know exactly where you put it.

...I Got a Baron Davis flow and that's a
WARRIORS DRIVE...

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#48 [url]

Sep 28 06 5:53 PM

^ nice tip, i'ma have to do that...i was amazed just going throuh stock souns, so i know alot of time will be dedicated to that

I know we have more producers using different equipment and software where everybody at???

Quote    Reply   

what are you gonna do

Registered Member

#49 [url]

Sep 28 06 5:56 PM

so reason or fruityloop and which version, and right now all i got is a mouse and a keyboard =/

www.Karmaloop.com 20% off total purchase code: KN8537

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Sep 28 06 6:15 PM

~~~ How do you make the sound where the bass seems to ride along with the beat? Its not the hard hittin bass, it just seems to roll...I hope yall can understand me on this one. I use Fruity Loops. Thanks to whoever wherever.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ZOMBIE MODE

Registered Member

#51 [url]

Sep 28 06 6:37 PM

Quote:
so reason or fruityloop and which version, and right now all i got is a mouse and a keyboard =/

Reason 3.0....FL 6.5somethin

you can still make a beat without a Controller(piano)...especially in Fruity Loops. It's how I started out.
Just go to
"Options"
"Switches"
and check
"Typing to Keyboard"
you basically are confined to the letters on the keyboard...if you start making and messing with chords and melodies then you will definately need a controller.
It makes the work flow faster, and you can get sick with the keys.
But you can still tap beats out with the computer keyboard.

Or...you can pencil em in with the mouse.

Just work with what you got for now, learn it, and then decide if you wanna break bread for other pieces.

Like right now, i'm just getting into the way things sound and how to get that right mix. I got some @#%$ computer speakers and am seriously thinking on dropping 5 bills on some Monitor speakers, but with all the V releases, it's making it hard to do.
WARRIORS DRIVE...

Quote    Reply   

ZOMBIE MODE

Registered Member

#53 [url]

Sep 28 06 6:53 PM

a controller is just another name for a piano keyboard or drumpad, etc.

It works through something called MIDI.
you can 'trigger' sounds through the controller with the samples or drumkits that you have in FL/Reason, etc.

so, it's just like having a grand piano with like a million different sounds, like synths, basses, strings, and whatever you have.

does that make sense?

This is what I have.
It was like a 150 at the time.

WARRIORS DRIVE...

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#54 [url]

Sep 28 06 6:56 PM

Quote:
~~~ How do you make the sound where the bass seems to ride along with the beat? Its not the hard hittin bass, it just seems to roll...I hope yall can understand me on this one. I use Fruity Loops. Thanks to whoever wherever.

do you have a midi keyboard

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Sep 29 06 11:52 AM

Floss B.. No , but its no problem gettin' one..Im going to have to cop me one. So when I get it whats the stee...( How is that sound produced?) Thanx man for your reply.

ALSO--------- ZOMBIE it DOES make sense Thanx homie...That just kicked it a whole notha level for me. I cant believe I attempted without utilizing that tip.

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#59 [url]

Sep 29 06 2:16 PM

Quote:
^a lot of people think the sound comes from the controller...it comes from whatever is being controlled...

exactly...facin - i dont think he was calling you out or anything, its just a lot of people make the mistake of getting it b/c its cheap only to find out its blank... reason soounds , FL sounds, garageband all have sounds in them and can be added, so you use the midi keyboard to control those sounds

Do they make recycle for mac anyone know? annd how much was it?

Quote    Reply   

RhymeSik

Registered Member

#60 [url]

Sep 29 06 3:17 PM

Thanks InTime and Flossb15 for the back up.

Quote:
Do they make recycle for mac anyone know? annd how much was it?

Yes they do and I believe the price is $249 and the upgrade is $79. I was looking for it myself.

propellerhead.se

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help