Remove this ad

ClassicBdub

Registered Member

#21 [url]

Sep 26 06 3:54 PM

Re: Yo lets get a tips, tricks & steps to help Produce

Quote:
Man I been wanting to knows this for a long time. How in the hell can I make beats with my keyboard on Fruity Loops? I swear I must not have my plugged up right because i've fooled with this for about 2 weeks and can't get anything to come from my keyboard.

is your keyboard plugged through MIDI to your comp? did you change the MIDI settings on FL after?

Team Anti-Google

it's broken and it's not my friend

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

flossb15

Registered Member

#22 [url]

Sep 26 06 4:16 PM

Quote:
in Reason......... learn to connect the redrum to a mixer JUST for your drums.... and then have a mixer JUST for your instruments....... makes life a lot easier... and the sounds a lot better

Very good tip, just started with reason, and i love it...usually would have the mixer going with all, but i'm def. gonna try that tip

Made a beat, and i was amazed with the fluidness and the workflow of it...sisnt get any messups - causing me to lose my ideas, just str8 attacked the beat (custom one) next i'll try a sample to chop

Quote    Reply   

ZOMBIE MODE

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Sep 26 06 4:53 PM

Reason Question.

Why in Redrum or even Dr. Rex, when you load a sample, why does it sound like @#%$ compared to the original file?

...I Got a Baron Davis flow and that's a
WARRIORS DRIVE...

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#24 [url]

Sep 26 06 6:38 PM

should sound the same if you have enable track pattern on and play the sequence track it will sound like a doubled up sound, play either one or the other

Quote    Reply   

RELISH.niketalk

Registered Member

#25 [url]

Sep 26 06 6:51 PM

Quote:
Why in Redrum or even Dr. Rex, when you load a sample, why does it sound like compared to the original file?

the audio engine in reason is @#%$, and that's it's one major downfall. two things that help would be to get a better soundcard, and get the best sounding samples to begin with. rewiring to another DAW like cubase or logic also helps. this is something that frustrates me to no end, everything about reason is amazing except that the sound quality is the worst out there, even worse than FL.

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#26 [url]

Sep 26 06 6:58 PM

relish, what are you working with soundcard or interface? I use the mbox 2, what do you use, cause i never liked FL sounds compared to reason

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Sep 26 06 11:45 PM

Quote:
thanks. i have a question how much "boom" are you losing with the rp6's... i need something that will really hit on the low end for just an average sized bedroom.

I didn't really get a chance to compare the two, but I'm pretty happy with the sound of the rp-8s. a lot of the sound of monitors depends on the placement and all that too.
my setup isn't perfect, but I noticed that if i'm out of the sweet spot in the monitors just a little bit, the sound is very different.
sometimes I have a hard time with the lows in my mix, end up turning up the bass too, much, because it sounds too quite on the monitors...I don't know if the problem is with the monitor placement or the monitors themselves, or I might just have to learn them more...but since the rp-6's have a smaller woofer a lot of that low end will probably get lost.

#29 [url]

Sep 27 06 12:36 AM

I know ya'll ain't in it for the money and all that good stuff, but for those who are producing, how much money do ya'll make?

Quote    Reply   

GAS BREAK DIP

Registered Member

#30 [url]

Sep 27 06 1:23 AM

ummm... So far I have an MPC1000 and a Roland XP-80 Synthesizer. What should be my next step?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

purple 5

#31 [url]

Sep 27 06 1:39 AM

monitors

i smile cause i know you up above givin heaven a sound
i smile cause i know you working on a mean bassline in the clouds

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#32 [url]

Sep 27 06 3:13 AM

Quote:
ummm... So far I have an MPC1000 and a Roland XP-80 Synthesizer. What should be my next step?

Depends on you, do you know your equipment well enough to move on and have another equipment compliment the sounds...

Since you have the seq., drums, keys...you could get a mp 60 to get a different sampling sound more gritty and not so much the sound of everyone out right now, or a turntable for vinyl..also another keyboard or a rack with different sounds...If i was you i'd get a rack like planet phatt or mo phatt...

Quote    Reply   

RELISH.niketalk

Registered Member

#33 [url]

Sep 27 06 3:37 AM

Quote:
relish, what are you working with soundcard or interface? I use the mbox 2, what do you use, cause i never liked FL sounds compared to reason

i'm using the built in soundcard in my powerbook, and reason sounds like doo-doo. it is plausible to make it sound really good, but the people that make reason sound like logic are the people that have a decade of engineering experience under their belts. but if you're a pc user, load a sample in the redrum and load the same sample in fruity loops and you'll be able to see (hear) right off the bat that reason doesnt have the same thickness or presence. yes the sounds (as in the sample library) is better in reason, but the sound quality is better in virtually every other program. really frustrating. i have a boy that makes music using a really old version of acid on a pc from like 1998, and the sounds just knock, and that's without any kind of audio processing.

Quote    Reply   

purple 5

#34 [url]

Sep 27 06 3:54 AM

flu ? what should i connect my rp8's with to my computer?
all those plug names have me confused.

which one do i need?

Quote    Reply   

RELISH.niketalk

Registered Member

#35 [url]

Sep 27 06 8:39 AM

Quote:

that's plenty. start making music. people spend too much time worrying about new gear and not enough time creating music.

Quote    Reply   

purple 5

#37 [url]

Sep 27 06 12:55 PM

yo i was also thinking about getting the Behringer TRUTH B2031A Active Monitors ...has anyone had any experience with these?

www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-TRUTH-B2031A-Active-Monitors-Pair?sku=600601

im stuck on the TRUTHS and the KRK's.

Quote    Reply   

WhatYouKnow

#38 [url]

Sep 27 06 1:29 PM

I'm considering purchasing a new computer, but also had production in mind. Is it worth investing in a mac book? Also, which would be the best suited program and midi controller to compliment the mac book. Thanks for your help.

No matter how much I get... I want more.

Quote    Reply   

flossb15

Registered Member

#40 [url]

Sep 27 06 2:59 PM

Quote:
Is it worth investing in a mac book?

Yes. But dont be fooled by thinking thats your only option... Keep in mind you can ge a PC with multiple software programs for music

Its all about what fits you best

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help