Remove this ad

sneaktrix

Registered Member

#21 [url]

Mar 20 08 11:36 AM

It all depends on the person. He does a full backround check and according to how much u made is how he does it. It like low income housing. 1mil for britney, free for jay. All he gotta do it write him a verse for a timbo song and make a feature. Seriously tho I was thinking the same thing. To spend 250K on a beat would be stupid if u can't even sell that much. I was thinking the same thing bout weezy, if he had all those songs leaked and I'm sure he paid for all those beats and lets say he paid 5k each. What happens to that money? I know they just don't wanna throw it all away. I'm sure if u asked the label u wouldn't get a str8 answer.

I got OLNL for $280 shipped and fantastic four pack AF1s sz 10.5. $160 shipped. All DS. Aim me joecrack558

Remove this ad

FR3SH like UgHH

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Mar 20 08 12:21 PM

i know this is a tim beat thread but it got me wonderin....

what is the most expensive beat sold ?

i dont wanna hear nas bought a beat from neptunes for 2 mill either....

....that aint true.

anyone?

FR3$H like UgHH...

CROSSISOM

Registered Member

#26 [url]

Mar 20 08 1:42 PM

300 K sounds about right... but how much does Kanye get per beat? Especially since he doesn't "send a beat tape until he get a check"

Team Negrodamus (Team Founder)
U don't Want My Stress Troubles...

MARTIN AND CO

Registered Member

#29 [url]

Mar 20 08 6:10 PM

Unless you truly know these cats, like really know know them, or know someone that did or does, or you're their manager or accountant or know either one, you can't really go by what is speculated. 250Gs is like an entire rappers advance. I've heard a million advance for top artists (usually pop+rnb), but even at that, 250Gs upfront is crazy. Like someone said, good producers usually take an amount up front+points on the album. Like with JT I don't think Timbo got 250 in advance, but with points on the album (probably a lot since all of JTs bangers were Timbo produced I think) 250 sounds reasonable. I remember some youtube clip that was made by raul conde (some dude in fat joes crew that hangs with scott) where they were all chillin in storch's studio blazed, and scott said he usually takes 70Gs (and most likely points if he knows its gonna do #s), and scott, although he acts like a corn ball, is at the top of the earnings list as far as producing goes. I dunno though, he might need cake or is just selling b/c hes bored, but his yacht "Tiffany" was sold on ebay, but didnt meet reserve price.

Remove this ad

Stillmatic23

Registered Member

#31 [url]

Mar 20 08 6:51 PM

Timbaland is extremely lazy so he charges 100k a beat, minimum. Kanye likes to do a lot of beats and charge less. Kanye is around 40-50k a beat. Swizz is probably the cheapest producer. I've heard him charging around 30-40 a beat.

Last Edited By: Stillmatic23 Mar 20 08 6:54 PM. Edited 2 times.

RockStarGetMoney

Registered Member

#32 [url]

Mar 20 08 7:06 PM

Stillmatic23 wrote:
Timbaland is extremely lazy so he charges 100k a beat, minimum. Kanye likes to do a lot of beats and charge less. Kanye is around 40-50k a beat. Swizz is probably the cheapest producer. I've heard him charging around 30-40 a beat.

Family its top notch producers shelling out beats for 10-15 K. You don't always gotta go with big names to make good music.

BeatJunkie5

Registered Member

#33 [url]

Mar 20 08 7:13 PM

I go to an audio engineering school and people from the industry come through about once or twice a month to come and chop it up with us, and a mix engineer who has worked with Timbo on a couple of occasions told me that Timbo was getting anywhere between $150k-$300k beat....

He was telling me how on point Timbo was though, dude would travel all around the world to capture sounds and samples and use those to make beats...and during that point of his career he was kinda struggling with funds...but look at him now...all it took was that one Nelly Furtado song to make all that money back...haha

That beat bus is nasty imageimage

RAIDER NATION
PSN:: The_RRAIIDDEERS

Last Edited By: BeatJunkie5 Mar 20 08 8:24 PM. Edited 1 time.

DC SOUNDS

Registered Member

#34 [url]

Mar 20 08 8:08 PM

LOL at how glamarous some people think the music industry is.....

Timbo is not pulling in these numbers at face value.

How much do you think Flo-Rida's total advance from the label was?

If its projected that he's going to push 50K albums opening week, how much do you think the label is willing to drop on the advance?

The advance funds everything, from the beats, to the songwriters, to the guest appearances, to parts of promotion, to the videos.

If Timb is asking $300K up front, Flo- Rida must have gotten at least a couple mil advance.......That's not the case.

Its probably less than 6 figures, but after points come into play (royalties) then timb can pull in around what you guys are talking about if the song does well.

ebeatz

Registered Member

#35 [url]

Mar 21 08 1:34 AM

well with them 360 deals starting to become popular, a rap artist could get over a mil for an advance. the only catch is the label gets a cut off of everything. merch, tours, endorsemnets, EVERYTHING!

#36 [url]

Mar 21 08 2:08 AM

Whooo he is almost 40 years old but he is caking with these artists with the amazing beats that a household cost.

.Xx_______________King________________xX

Stillmatic23

Registered Member

#38 [url]

Mar 21 08 3:47 AM

DC SOUNDS wrote:
LOL at how glamarous some people think the music industry is.....

Timbo is not pulling in these numbers at face value.

How much do you think Flo-Rida's total advance from the label was?

If its projected that he's going to push 50K albums opening week, how much do you think the label is willing to drop on the advance?

The advance funds everything, from the beats, to the songwriters, to the guest appearances, to parts of promotion, to the videos.

If Timb is asking $300K up front, Flo- Rida must have gotten at least a couple mil advance.......That's not the case.

Its probably less than 6 figures, but after points come into play (royalties) then timb can pull in around what you guys are talking about if the song does well.

I heard FloRida on the radio today saying how he didn't pay much for the Timbo beat b/c they had a mutual friend. Timbo does charge over 100K a beat though when he wants/needs to.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help