Remove this ad

B1LLY HOYLE

Registered Member

Lead

Feb 17 08 6:16 PM

Tags : :

Had the chance to take some pics of some upcoming shoes from Nike's Training line for both spring and fall of this year. While it seems we're pretty locked into a retro-laden lull across the board at times, it's pretty refreshing to see Nike Training coming up with some real intuitive performance product over the next few seasons. You'll notice a lower cut at the ankle for a wider range of motion along with more sculpted outsoles for coverage as well as flexibility. They've also gone away from the midfoot strap that was identifiable in the Free Trainer line up to now, and are relying on a lateral molded overlay for support and a larger mesh allowance atop the toe for great comfort.

What'd you guys think of the previous Free Trainer stuff? I really liked the Trainer 5.0, and it's nice to see the cushioning has definitely improved in the line as well.

There's also shoes aimed for use in Nike's SPARQ Training system, which are even lower to the ground for explosive movements. One thing to note in the new SPARQ Test Pro is the forefoot spring plate, which traces some cues from a track spike.

Spring --

Zoom SPARQ TR Elite:
(Love the Carbon Fiber look)

SPARQ Test Pro (2):
(Combine/Competition Rating Day Shoe)

Air SPARQ TR

Free Dynamic TR:
(Notice the lacing setup aimed to take pressure away from the top of the foot. They immediately reminded me of the Air Lambaste and the great Air Money, which had similar approaches.)

Fall --

Edge Essential TR:
(GREAT shoe. )

And lastly...here's a look at the white based colorway of the Zoom SPARQ TR Elite alongside a sample Trainer 1...which is being discussed as a true-to-form Retro in the very near future. ()

Last Edited By: B1LLY HOYLE Feb 19 08 2:38 AM. Edited 4 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

JDRone

#5 [url]

Feb 17 08 9:03 PM

B1LLY- I couldn't agree more. I'm extremely pleased that Nike let their designers loosen up a bit, and relieved them of their mundane task of tying nearly everything back into something retro-based.

I'm not very well-versed in track & sprinter related silhouettes--is there any particular performance gain for how the shoe sits? I've never seen a shoe "lay" like that, and it looks rather peculiar. I'm really worried about how that that full-length Phylon midsole will hold up after several strenuous wearings. I'm always a big fan of "cactus" related colorways, so I'm looking foward to these...

Has Nike revamped or restructured the Free segments? Several running companies have worked to help alleviate pressure on the top and outer parts of the shoe buy creating wider lacing vamps. Frees have been involuntarily narrow along my toes in the past, so it's nice to see a change.

I've been incessantly loyal to the Edge line since the first volume. I typically hate Zoom Air, but the standard full-length Air is great for casual walking comfort.

The worst thing that ever happened to feet was shoes--or perhaps the second worst after concrete. The two products of urban civilization have finally conquered the human foot, which in its primitive state, crossed continents, pursued wild game, and danced for days on end."-George Sheehan

Last Edited By: JDRone Feb 17 08 10:13 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

WallyHopp

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Feb 17 08 9:40 PM

thanks for the info. id love some higher profile shoes. its a helluva challenge when i want to play some basketball. the only shoe that does it for me now is the zoom trainer which i can do everything in. it seems like the training genre is no longer about cross training. but more so TRAINING for a specific area, almost like a running shoe is a training shoe for runners. these all appear like just running shoes. thats just me though. UA has three diff. trainers but each for a diff. genre... ok, that makes alot of sense lol

the last pair and the dynamics remind me of some zoom havens. nice low profile design. the lace system is quite complex with the havens as well.. How are the spikes expected to hold up on pavement and just over time?

the essentials arent to my liking. i like the normal edge trainer 08s alittle better. they both have the same outsoles i dont think id miss not having the essentials.

Good stuff non the less. i havent bought any edge or performance trainers since 04 so 4 years later, the technology improvements is intriqing. and if they want a true to form retro, they have a tough task at hand. Take the 2000 retros and you still have improvements to make. With the 2008, its even a tougher model to go back on.

TEAM
A I R T R A I N E R
A I R T R A I N E R
Team Vintage Heat

Quote    Reply   

mheftman

Registered Member

#7 [url]

Feb 17 08 9:59 PM

looks like a golf shoe

my ankles are tearing up just thinking of any lateral movements in these.

i like these (a very little bit)
it would cool to see the EDGE line of trainers make a resurgence.

somehow these loke like golf shoes even more than the black base (didnt think that was possible.)

Team AM (iD) FAM -- Our colorways are better
Finders Keepers...

Quote    Reply   

tjshorty15

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Feb 17 08 10:10 PM

I'm actually quite impressed with the styling of some of Nike's newer shoes coming out this year, with these and some of the new running shoes coming out in '08 I will finally break away from the retro runners (sine Nike is giving us nothing in comparison to the UK). Thanks for the B1lly!

WANTED: Wings and Waffles AM 1 9 or 9.5, Concord Spiridon 9 or 9.5

TEAM AM FAM

Quote    Reply   

BigLefty23

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Feb 18 08 1:39 AM

I wonder also how the "spike bottom" will hold up on pavement. I need a shoe w/ some grip for the crummy winters at school.

Niketalker since April 4, 2002

Quote    Reply   

macgyver35

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Feb 18 08 3:13 AM

i was gonna say they look like golf shoes, or bike shoes to me

FS/FT ALL DS: KDIII XMAS sz 8.5, 9.5, 12 Cool grey XI sz11 Trainer 2010 SC Pujols PACK sz10.5 Kobe V Big Stage Home and Away sz7 LeBron 8 XMAS sz7 Kobe V WBF Pink mens sz10.5 Kobe V Lower Merion sz9-11 LeBron 8 USA sz10.5 RED HYPERMAX NFW sz11 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

HMack007

Registered Member

#12 [url]

Feb 19 08 1:23 AM

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I guess these are Nikes answer to The New Prototype crap that Under Armour is putting out. Fan frickin tastic.

Now just make a kickass commercial to put UA in a coffin

Quote    Reply   

SinnerP

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Feb 19 08 1:35 AM

The Edge Essential TR are pretty nice, but I'm really feelin the white colorway of the Zoom SPARQ TR Elite... with the spikes, is it supposed to be more of a turf shoe?

Thanks for the news...

VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES
Fittipaldi, Hunt, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Hakkinen, Hamilton
MUFC // Seattle Mariners (My Oh My!)

Quote    Reply   

WallyHopp

Registered Member

#14 [url]

Feb 19 08 2:25 AM

whats up sinnerp. This should answer some questions: via eastbay

It looks like eastbay as well as a few other places has a few of them on their websites for preorder. ETA is 3/12/08.

The word SPARQ seems to relate to Nike's training accersories branding. From parachutes to ladders to weighted balls, all these SPARQ edition trainers seem to be spiked for a reason. FOOTBALL training.
imageimageimageimageimageimage

Nike has some great colors coming out. Nothing overly fancy. two-three color blocking. Just great execution. great execution on the colors but not so much design. I can't wear these. I train in a gym, not on grass or turf. these do nothing for me. anyways:

Sparq Trainer Elite
The Nike Zoom SPARQ TR Elite is designed for football athlete looking for the ultimate training shoe for SPARQ and Dynamic Training. Speed never felt so good. Lightweight breathable mesh upper with No Sew synthetic overlays. Aerodynamic and form fitting. Full-length Phylon™ midsole with Zoom Air™ unit in the heel offers a fast, responsive ride. Non-marking solid rubber outsole with unique outsole design adds increased flexiblity and multi-directional traction. TPU shank provides torsional rigidity. Wt. 8.6 oz.

They dont seem like the regular joe shoe instead something to sway the UA football fanbase away from the UA "training" stuff to nike.
this one is sick imo:

The confusing element is that they also have a female version which doesn't mention football at all. Id hate to buy a shoe specified for one thing and it just not work out. so id love for someone to give confirmation on the exact abilities of the shoe.

womens colorways of the elite:
image image

-----------------------
Here's a SPARQ TRAINER (non elite in the title):

The Nike Air SPARQ TR training shoe was designed with the physical demands of SPARQ and Dynamic Training in mind. Unique breathable upper with streamlined synthetic overlays offers great fit. Visible Max-Air® unit encapsulated in Phylon™ adds the perfect blend of cushioning. Non-marking solid rubber outsole with mulit-directional tread. TPU midfoot shank provides torsional rigidity. Wt. 7.3 oz.
imageimage
imageimage

Womens colors:
imageimageimage

--------------------------------
heres the originial SPARQ test pro:
and this years subsequent releases:

Nike Men's Sparq Test Pro
The legal advantage for SPARQ ratings and combines just got faster. The Nike SPARQ Test Pro training shoe features a light and breathable mesh upper reinforced with No Sew synthetic overlays for multi-directional support. Full-length Phylon™ midsole provides great cushioning and a responsive ride. Aggressive Full-length solid rubber outsole with TPU shank offers multi-directional traction. Wt. 7.8 oz.

Price: $69.99

BY THE WAY, this colorway of the EDGE TRAINERS is on eastbay with a ETA of 3-1-08:

TEAM
A I R T R A I N E R
A I R T R A I N E R
Team Vintage Heat

Quote    Reply   

ooIRON MANoo

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Feb 19 08 3:48 AM

I currently have a pair of the Edge Trainers (White/Blue), image. Very comfortable and perfect for the gym.

Los Angeles Dodgers 6 Time World Series Champions
USC Trojans 11 Time National Champions

Quote    Reply   

SinnerP

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Feb 19 08 4:24 AM

'sup wally...

ahh, football... that makes more sense... the sole reminded me of Barry's Zoom Turf...

VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES
Fittipaldi, Hunt, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Hakkinen, Hamilton
MUFC // Seattle Mariners (My Oh My!)

Quote    Reply   

thejester03

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Feb 19 08 1:26 PM

i'm curious to see the complete outsole of the non-elite SPARQ trainers, specifically to see if the heels have spikes like the forefoot.... either way, the elites look nice for on-the-field training... i hope they can preform well laterally like the free trainers.

-jester

www.3Rcustoms.com - Custom Site

www.solejester.com - Personal Site

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help