Remove this ad

Jking0821

Registered Member

Lead

Jul 18 12 8:46 AM

Tags : :

Hey guys so I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this.  I am buying a motorcycle off craigslist this weekend.  I have a planned meet up for the person to come to my house so i don't have to worry about what to do about tags because it will be in my possession.  But what do i do as far as:

-Sale - I printed an MVA Bill of sale to fill out
-Title - He just signs the title over to me right?
-Insurance - I just call my insurance company with the VIN number to get the bike insured?
-Tags - I take proof of insurance (not too sure what i take for that) and title to the mva to get temporary tags for it?  Then i take it to inspection????

Other Misc Questions:
Is inspection expensive?
Anywhere that does motorcycle inspection near Dundalk MD (where my dad lives and the bike will be kept)
Any cheap places to get a helmet and jacket
I don't even have my motorcycle license yet but i will take the learners test soon so i can learn.  Are the classes that harley holds worth it? or should i just take ample time and practice and learn from my dad (who has been riding for a while)

This process seems pretty arduous but i know people do this stuff all the time.  So any advice on the process would be appreciated. 

Oh yeah thanks to the motorcycle thread.  Got a pretty solid deal on a good beginner bike hope it all checks out

2006 Suzuki Katana 600.  Has only 2,200 miles and I got it for $3,250.  A dealer by me wanted $3,000 for a '98 suzuki GSX600F with 32,000 miles.  Glad i didn't get that lol
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Deuce King

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Jul 18 12 9:29 AM

I would NOT have the seller meet me up at my house, there are just too many variables that could go wrong given that situation. Also, you should take the bike to get inspected FIRST before you purchase it or do any of that.  Inspection and regulations vary from state to state, so you want to make sure it passes inspection here in MD before all else.  Hope everything works out for you and if so I'll see you on the road champ.        

Quote    Reply   

ricky409.niketalk

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Jul 18 12 10:03 AM

That's a good deal, but don't jump on the first thing you see...

Do research and see what's popping ...

Maintenance is higher than people think because its so specific to bikes so be cautious.

Best time to cop is in the fall, or right before it gets cold...

Take it to a motorcycle mechanic and have him check it out because he will see you as a potential customer ...

Test drive the bike. If this is your first purchase, you need to drive a few and see how they feel...

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help