Remove this ad

Pinero354

Registered Member

Lead

Jun 23 12 6:38 PM

Tags : :

I was going to buy some concords deadstock from a guy and he said they are missing the carbon fiber paper that comes with the box. I asked him why and he said he took it out to stop the shoes from yellowing So i guess this is a 2 part question. Is this true and if so how does removing carbon fiber paper stop the yellowing?

Last Edited By: Pinero354 Jun 23 12 9:08 PM. Edited 1 time

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

prozac4312.niketalk

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Jun 23 12 6:43 PM

lol

@#@?

One does not simply *take out* the carbon fiber.

/Boromir

References: parry36 (bought True Blue IIIs), asilva23 (bought Cherry XIIs), evisumane123 (bought Griffey Max 1s--slow to ship, doesn't double box, also bought 3x pairs of shorts--lied about size and shipped late), BigShake (bought Cool Grey XIs), dpknockout (bought Neo Lime Foams), vuezie27 (RL homie), kalilay (brother), killervue89 (sold Stealth IXs), matix808 (sold Taxi XIIs), Jays4days1987 (sold Oreo VIs), Jhustle23 (sold Stealth IIIs), MDkicks (sold Cardinal VIIs), s dubl (size-swapped XI lows)

pr0phecy718

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Jun 23 12 6:51 PM

what the hell???!!  I'm at a loss for words smiley: laugh...Honestly, don't even buy them because that just sounds so off

edit: OHHHHH ^^^^^ the carbon fiber paper...ok

smiley: laugh I felt the same way as prozac4312 when i first read this post

T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S TEAMYANKEESNEW YORK GIANTS
T
EAM TMNT MICHELANGELO HEROES IN A HALF SHELL, TURTLE POWER
much success to ya, even if you wish me the opposite- sooner or later we all see who the prophet is

Last Edited By: pr0phecy718 Jun 23 12 6:53 PM. Edited 1 time.

cashm0neyand1

Registered Member

#4 [url]

Jun 23 12 8:25 PM

yea, has to be the paper. taking out the carbon fiber plate would render the shoe useless

***NiKeTaLK member since December 2001...

#5 [url]

Jun 23 12 8:28 PM

Super Goblin wrote:
I think he meant he took out the carbon fiber print paper.

This.

The worst thing about prison was the... was the Dementors. 
- Prison Mike

#6 [url]

Jun 23 12 8:39 PM

prozac4312 wrote:
lol

@#@?

One does not simply *take out* the carbon fiber.

/Boromir
smiley: laugh

dipsetkid44 aka Joseph Martin is a scammer(check page 138 of Cav IVs Thread for details)!!!
Looking for: sz 11 (preferably) or 11.5, BC IIIs, True Blue IIIs,  sz 11 Oreo VIs
Size Trade: DS Olympic VIs (11 for 10.5)
Size Trade or Sale: Wolf Grey Vs (13 for 11-12) (Condition 8.5/10)

prozac4312.niketalk

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Jun 23 12 11:00 PM

Pretty sure it has to do with humidity and/or oxidation (contact with air). The best bet is to put them in Ziploc bags and squeeze as much air as possible out of them.

References: parry36 (bought True Blue IIIs), asilva23 (bought Cherry XIIs), evisumane123 (bought Griffey Max 1s--slow to ship, doesn't double box, also bought 3x pairs of shorts--lied about size and shipped late), BigShake (bought Cool Grey XIs), dpknockout (bought Neo Lime Foams), vuezie27 (RL homie), kalilay (brother), killervue89 (sold Stealth IXs), matix808 (sold Taxi XIIs), Jays4days1987 (sold Oreo VIs), Jhustle23 (sold Stealth IIIs), MDkicks (sold Cardinal VIIs), s dubl (size-swapped XI lows)

Leonidas.niketalk

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Jun 23 12 11:03 PM

I took the paper out too cause I heard this. Probably has to do with the acidity also, like with storing photos. Who knows though...

Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jun 24 12 1:24 AM

I would still pull the trigger. Yellowing is caused by many things, mainly oxidation due to exposure to air and moisture. Some paper may contain acidic bases which may aid in the oxidation process, that's why many take the paper out of the box.

aphexacid.niketalk

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Jun 24 12 1:35 AM

While this can be true, the paper needs to be old. Personally, I remove all Nike tissue paper and replace it with acid free tissue paper I buy from the container store.

I don't think I would let that deter me from not buying them. But why would he completely throw it away? That's odd

"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."  - Alexander The Great

Chris316.niketalk

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Jun 25 12 9:49 AM

I'm not sure whether the so called CF paper in recent concords speeds up the yellowing process.

But it still boils down on how you store/keep it. I personally take off the paper and fold it in the box for the shoes to just sit on it for ventilation purposes since I live in a sunny part of the country.

If you are really concerned about the yellowing coz you wanna keep them DS then just put them in a ziplock.

But if you are planning to rock them,then just let them sit on the paper.

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday.
11 Conco
rds  12 BREDS   3 True Blues

Last Edited By: Chris316 Jun 25 12 9:56 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quick Reply

bbcode help