Remove this ad

abstrack

Registered Member

Lead

Jun 21 12 10:55 PM

Tags : :

I started a t-shirt line (Be Water Clothes) in February of this year & would love to some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Cobra Kai.niketalk

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Jun 21 12 10:59 PM

being honest.

website sucks. looks like you're pushing energy juice or something.

shirts are ok. look like any other urban outfitters/HM brand.

needs work.

I got a pocket full of singles and some centuries and I'm just out here tryna be the man I meant to be.
Flickr | Blog | Twitter

Quote    Reply   

willsndvl

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:01 PM

would not cop. nor wear.

TEAM AMBER ROSE

Quote    Reply   

cocotaso1.niketalk

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:10 PM

website poorly designed, pricing is weird, designs do not stand out from other similar brands and the company/brand name while thoughtful really doesn't make sense for a fashion label. but i will give you props for actually having more than one design, having a website set up and a getting the whole thing done. i think a better idea would have been to play off the flow and crash part of the quote and make designs that "flow" and are softer/peaceful/idealistic or "crash" and are more rugged/brash/revolutionary. take that take that.

wtb: ds/vnds us size 10.5 Nike Air Max 90 Current "Silent Listener" x Ben Drury
wtb: ds/vnds us size 10.5 black Adidas Ultrastar "JMJ" & black/white stripe Pro-Model
wtb: ds/vnds us size 10.5 Nike Air Max 90 Infrared & 95 Neon "One Time Only" pack

Last Edited By: cocotaso1 Jun 21 12 11:15 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Balla Jigga

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:17 PM

I find it contradicting that you state that "be water is more than fashion it is philosophy..." then in the next paragraph you say something about cringing when companies say they are a movement or something along those lines. "the civil rights movement was a movement....we just design shirts" or something along those lines.

you know this, mannnnnnn.

Quote    Reply   

abstrack

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:18 PM

cocotaso1 wrote:
website poorly designed, pricing is weird, designs do not stand out from other similar brands and the company/brand name while thoughtful really doesn't make sense for a fashion label. but i will give you props for actually having more than one design, having a website set up and a getting the whole thing done.
Thanks again to everyone for their feedback.  Our core demographic is the young post college educated corporate america person who still wears t-shirts from time to time (25-40).  The brand name means to be adaptable, versatile, powerful, etc.  In reference to pricing like any other brand prices may vary according to the piece.

Once again I really appreciate your time & comments.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

cocotaso1.niketalk

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:35 PM

abstrack wrote:
cocotaso1 wrote:
website poorly designed, pricing is weird, designs do not stand out from other similar brands and the company/brand name while thoughtful really doesn't make sense for a fashion label. but i will give you props for actually having more than one design, having a website set up and a getting the whole thing done.
Thanks again to everyone for their feedback.  Our core demographic is the young post college educated corporate america person who still wears t-shirts from time to time (25-40).  The brand name means to be adaptable, versatile, powerful, etc.  In reference to pricing like any other brand prices may vary according to the piece.

Once again I really appreciate your time & comments.

i understand what the intent of the brand name is supposed to convey, i am also saying that in my opinion the name it self isn't a good one for a clothing company. as far as pricing is concerned, you aren't just any other brand. you are a new unfamiliar company. i understand that different designs can use different production techniques and materials. however its going to be hard enough to convince someone to part with their money let alone figure out why one shirt is worth more than the other. imo you would be better off finding a single price for all shirts that would allow you to make a profit and stick with that.

wtb: ds/vnds us size 10.5 Nike Air Max 90 Current "Silent Listener" x Ben Drury
wtb: ds/vnds us size 10.5 black Adidas Ultrastar "JMJ" & black/white stripe Pro-Model
wtb: ds/vnds us size 10.5 Nike Air Max 90 Infrared & 95 Neon "One Time Only" pack

Quote    Reply   

PLVN.niketalk

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:35 PM

I think the whole "cel shaded images of cassettes/headphones/LPs" thing has been played out for quite a few years now.

Just sayin...

@planbeats
soundcloud.com/plvn

Quote    Reply   

mytmouse76

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:37 PM

MonStar1 wrote:
Hope you brought some lube....

this

these threads never end well...

they used to always pop up when i first joined and almost everyone was comedy

S.H.H.O.
Student Hip-Hop Organization

Do me a favor...accidentally step on your white sunglasses...this is Hip-hop we don't wear those over here...

Quote    Reply   

abstrack

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:41 PM

mytmouse76 wrote:
MonStar1 wrote:
Hope you brought some lube....

this

these threads never end well...

they used to always pop up when i first joined and almost everyone was comedy
I've been on here long enough to know what I was potentially getting myself into.  But I realize that "opinions are like voices we all have a different kind", so I welcome any positive or derogatory comments that may come.  One will never get better hearing one thing.

The feedback from everyone is definitely appreciated.

Quote    Reply   

Rick2345

Registered Member

#19 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:54 PM

Good start bro as a fellow T-shirt designer i think its some good stuff. Motherland one especially and the good music one as well. Keep it up bro.

TEAM MARVEL -- VENOM/J U M P M A N L O Y A L I ST#79

Quote    Reply   

abstrack

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:59 PM

Rick2345 wrote:
Good start bro as a fellow T-shirt designer i think its some good stuff. Motherland one especially and the good music one as well. Keep it up bro.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help