Remove this ad

gottagitdemjs

Registered Member

Lead

Jun 16 12 7:40 PM

Tags : :

Well I finally found the sneaker maintenance post (man that thing is hard to find...lol) and I tried using barkeepers friend on the mesh of an old pair of 2001 retro Concords. I did two treatments. One with the BK friend to water solution having a milk-like texture which didn't whiten them very much. Then on the 2nd application, I went with a much thicker solution. This time, they whitened up a LOT, but there is so much residual white powdery substance left over that I can't really wear them. I've tried using damp paper towels to wipe off as much as I can, but it's still not working. Does anybody else have any pointers. Would a trip through the washing machine in a pillow case be a no-no? Or perhaps even the dishwasher. I just can't think of any other ideas.

.::2 0 1 2  K C R O Y A L S::.
.::Our time?::.

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ccastro02

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Jun 16 12 7:55 PM

Dang your first mistake was using bkf. The rit formula works waaay better. Plus it preserves the mesh, so it doesn't get flat like the way bkf does. If i were you i'de just soak the Concords in water and scrub them with a white towel till all the residue comes off.  Here are the results i had on my ds pair of 2000 concords using the rit method.I originally posted this in the maintenance thread last year.

ccastro02 wrote:
And here are the final results guys. this is after 5 applications of the rit.
Before:
After:

gottagitdemjs

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Jun 16 12 7:58 PM

Crap...I was worried about that. The main reason I used barkeepers Friend is because I couldn't find rit around where I live. Is removing the insoles and running XI's through the washing machine a no-no?

.::2 0 1 2  K C R O Y A L S::.
.::Our time?::.

ccastro02

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Jun 16 12 8:42 PM

never throw your shoes in the washer. Rinse it by hand.

They sell rit online on their website and on ebay. Wallmart and stop n shop sells every kind of rit.

#4 [url]

Jun 16 12 9:35 PM

^^^^^^^^

You definitely brought those concords back to life. Good job

**VNDS OG Cool Grey 9's size 11 (worn 3 times) 2002 release includes OG Box/Retro Card.
**VNDS Retro 13's (Black/True Red) size 10.5 worn once 2004 release includes OG Box/Retro Card. PM me for details/pics.

MJ All Day45

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Jun 16 12 10:35 PM

ccastro02 wrote:
Dang your first mistake was using bkf. The rit formula works waaay better. Plus it preserves the mesh, so it doesn't get flat like the way bkf does. If i were you i'de just soak the Concords in water and scrub them with a white towel till all the residue comes off.  Here are the results i had on my ds pair of 2000 concords using the rit method.I originally posted this in the maintenance thread last year.
ccastro02 wrote:
And here are the final results guys. this is after 5 applications of the rit.
Before:
After:

Buy the shape and cut of those XIs, those are 1996 smiley: eek. But great job restoring them. smiley: pimp

TEAM CHICAGO BULLS   
                            SIX-TIME WORLD
CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998

Quick Reply

bbcode help