Remove this ad

solesavage

#41 [url]

May 8 12 12:46 PM

Wingmasters Cafe in Uptown Whittier. I'm a wing junkie and best wings i've ever had. Lemon Pepper wings are crack. I've been going back to this spot at least a few times a month on junk food sundays.

Staff is really cool and friendly. Thank me later.

@solesavage

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#42 [url]

May 8 12 5:28 PM

Hmmm the Santa Fe Italian Deli in Seal Beach is on point if you go on Saturdays for their special sandwich.... honestly the best sandwich I've ever had no joke

Also you guys been to the Secret Spot in Huntington, its more Sunset but still, that place is borderline vegetarian/vegan but is so fire

PMatic, you go to CSULB??

Hey, remember that time the Kings were going to stay in Sacramento?
Long Live Sacramento
Team Fitness...TEAM Nine1Six>>>S. Placer to be exact<<< team BRIAN CARDINAL/Chase-Budinger

Quote    Reply   

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#43 [url]

May 9 12 1:18 AM

Whack!

Long Live Sacramento
Team Fitness...TEAM Nine1Six>>>S. Placer to be exact<<< team BRIAN CARDINAL/Chase-Budinger

Quote    Reply   

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#45 [url]

May 9 12 8:35 PM

Ah good stuff man, congrats. I'm on that campus almost as much as I am on Sac St's campus

Long Live Sacramento

Quote    Reply   

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#46 [url]

May 10 12 1:06 AM

Zing!

If they move to Anaheim I legitimately think I might do something.... stupid.....................to the Honda Center.....................

Long Live Sacramento

Quote    Reply   

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#48 [url]

May 10 12 1:30 AM

Speaking of never closing....... Harbor House Cafe in Sunset Beach is the business

Long Live Sacramento

Quote    Reply   

CincoSeisDos

Registered Member

#50 [url]

May 11 12 7:47 PM

I've heaRD a LOT of good things about hambones, still yet to go though... a lot of businesses that prop up there close just as fast, hopefully they're ones to last.

Since you're so close I hope you've given Fronks a try?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CincoSeisDos

Registered Member

#51 [url]

May 12 12 4:13 PM

Got to try this place a la BC on Pioneer in Norwalk, called Bucket of Crabs and Crawfish...

AWESOME!

Whole pieces of garlic, none of that minced stuff. Big skrimps... the sauce was hot, had their equivalent of the shebang medium, had my nose running. Had two pounds of shrimp and a pound of legs. Will be back again, I loved that !%#+. Place was half full, I can see that changing very soon. BC-like without a wait... OR FREEWAY? I'll definitely be back

Quote    Reply   

nike4KJA05

Registered Member

#52 [url]

May 14 12 11:45 PM

I've been to a good number of these places everyone's posted and a few I'm definitely going to try out now. Heres my contribution. 

Hot off the Grill in Seal and Huntington Beach. Menu is huge and wide variety smiley: pimp

Frostbites in la palma, crepes are good too smiley: pimpsmiley: pimpsmiley: pimp
(sorry for the IG pic)

Kush Bowl in La Palma smiley: pimp

Rascals in Long Beach, Torrance and Gardena smiley: pimpsmiley: pimpsmiley: pimpsmiley: pimp
IG Pic 

I have some other spots that I need to upload but definitely looking forward to this thread especially with summer vacation starting this week.

TEAMROSHE (M:5)

Quote    Reply   

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#54 [url]

May 15 12 1:37 AM

damn, can't wait to spend the next month back in LB as soon as school is out

Long Live Sacramento

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

May 17 12 8:57 PM

Not my Pics but here's a few suggestions for those who haven't tried these places out

For BBQ

Jay-Bees in Gardena

For Pizza

Casa Bianca in Eagle Rock

Salvadorean Food: Los Molcajetes in Los Angeles

And for Street Tacos, El Gavilan in Los Angeles

Quote    Reply   

CincoSeisDos

Registered Member

#56 [url]

May 18 12 1:03 PM

Tacos El Gavilan also has a new spot off Florence and Paramount in Downey, at the old Mega Shoe Factory.

Salvadorean/pupusas... I don't think any spot compares to my moms, but we used to go to Molcajete, I think they changed something the past few years and they're not the same, IMO. I'd recommend El Cerro Verde in Hawthorne off the 105 @ Hawthorne BL. They're not that expensive compared to other spots, they offer rice masa which I don't see much outside of the motherland, and they don't skimp on the ingredients while stuffing them with cheese, saving themselves some $

http://www.elcerroverde.com/

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

May 18 12 2:25 PM

CincoSeisDos wrote:
Tacos El Gavilan also has a new spot off Florence and Paramount in Downey, at the old Mega Shoe Factory.

Salvadorean/pupusas... I don't think any spot compares to my moms, but we used to go to Molcajete, I think they changed something the past few years and they're not the same, IMO. I'd recommend El Cerro Verde in Hawthorne off the 105 @ Hawthorne BL. They're not that expensive compared to other spots, they offer rice masa which I don't see much outside of the motherland, and they don't skimp on the ingredients while stuffing them with cheese, saving themselves some $

http://www.elcerroverde.com/
I've passed by that Gavilan on my way to the Pioneer Chicken in Downey but I haven't checked it out yet. It's always packed so I'm guessing it's just as good. As for the Molcajetes, the one Hoover comes as close to being the same as the one that used to be open by Staples Center. I live in Hawthorne so I know about El Cerro Verde and I agree, they're pretty damn good and their prices aren't bad. I still like Molcajetes a little bit more but El Cerro Verde is a really good spot.

Quote    Reply   

CincoSeisDos

Registered Member

#58 [url]

May 18 12 4:31 PM

Molcajetes desserts, empanadas de leche MUERTE

It's been maybe 4 years since i've had one.

The GF's birthday is coming up in three weeks, she wants something intimate more or less, we went to La Creperie for dinner on Feb 14, she enjoyed the atmosphere. Can anyone recommend something with a similar ambiance, maybe topping out at $40-50 a person? Close to the LB area would be great

Quote    Reply   

vanexellent

Registered Member

#60 [url]

May 19 12 2:07 PM

rck2sactown wrote:
Deli News in Long Beach is not to be #!+%$$ with

Great italian food with uber cheap prices..... Once order a large EVERYTHING pizza, plate of raviolis, and a meatball sub under 20 bucks

That was my spot for a year when I worked at the Sears across the street waaay back in 1997. I didnt know they were still around. I must have ate all their pastas or sandwiches a least once for lunch. 

UNFORGIVABLE WACKNESS

TeamLakers
22 44 13 33 32 42 25

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help