Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 11 12 2:28 PM

Tags : :

Via Sneakernews.com

By John K. · Published Apr 11th, 2012 

http://sneakernews.wpengi.../images/bg-comment.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; width: 56px; height: 42px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 4px; line-height: 34px; text-align: center; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">0

Nike Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium   Holiday 2012

1987 could be considered to be the greatest year for Nike in its history – with much of the credit going to Tinker Hatfield’s ‘Air’ Pack. One of the original five is the Air Trainer 1, which will also celebrate its 25th Anniversary this year by returning in the original Chlorophyll colorway that Jon McEnroe made so famous on the tennis courts; we already saw a return of the Chlorophyll as recent as 2008 as well as in 2010 as part of the Trainer Legacy Pack, but if you missed out on those, keep your radar locked in on the Holiday 2012 season as the Premium-grade Chlorophyll and new ‘Hazelnut’ colorway has been confirmed for a release at $110 a pop. Stay tuned for more on the Air Trainer 1 releases for this year, and let us know if the Chlorophyll Air Trainer 1 is a must-cop for you! via TSG

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 11 12 2:35 PM

In before Wally...smiley: glassessmiley: laugh

This may be the beginning of the end for me.

On a related retro sidenote, I played 4 sets of tennis on clay today in my Trainer SC2 Citrons and they were Like a PimpLike a PimpLike a Pimp

FS: DS YOTD AJ2012 size 11 239 Shipped/ DS AJ12 CG/Orange size 11 209 Shipped
FS: DS KD4 TEXAS size 12 149 Shipped/  DS Red Foamposite size 11.5 469 shipped
2 x worn Eggplant Foamposite('10) size 11.5 249 shipped
DS Aquamarine Koston SB1 size 11 for 129 shipped
DS Mauer PS Huarache Low size 11.5 for 119 shipped/

Quote    Reply   

Prez T

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Apr 11 12 2:57 PM

Wallys gunna bee so geeked

most likely will cop . been a big fan of the shoe for a little while but still haven't ever copped

Goooooooooonies

Quote    Reply   

Magic1978

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Apr 11 12 3:00 PM

How much stuff are they going to drop next Christmas, damn

And I don't do colorful jeans and shiny kicks, my shoe game is Penny in ninety-six - Skyzoo

Quote    Reply   

SinnerP

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Apr 11 12 3:35 PM

Haha, Wally was all over this even before the thread was made! smiley: tongue

But just based on that preliminary catalog pic, there might be some concerns Nike's just using the 2002/2008/2009 chassis, which some of you guys will know was different from the 2000 retro. Toebox, tongue, materials and more importantly, the fit... will need to keep an eye on those things. 

Rich ~ What are you, nuts!?  In the SC2's!?  Dude... clay~!  Oh that hurts!  Stuff doesn't come off!  HarTru right?

VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES
Fittipaldi, Hunt, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Hakkinen, Hamilton
MUFC // Seattle Mariners (My Oh My!)

Last Edited By: SinnerP Apr 11 12 3:44 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mints.niketalk

Registered Member

#7 [url]

Apr 11 12 3:53 PM

All in on these, I can let other releases fall by the wayside as long as I get to pick up a pair of these.

My Collection

Wanted all size 11: Veneers, Air Trainer 1 Chlorophyll, Black/Red 13, Black/Red 11, New Balance x Hanon M670 "Spitfire"

Quote    Reply   

ekhunter1.niketalk

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Apr 11 12 4:18 PM

trust me you guys arent in b4 wally!

and I have a little more optimistic being that they are "Premium"  but as we all now sometimes the "Premium" doesn't necessarily mean that!

For Sale:NIKE NIGHT TRACK DISCO RETRO (Red/Silver) size 8.5 and 9, PM ME!

--Tier Zero, Impossible to find--
Will trade for the same shoe in a size 12 possibly!

Last Edited By: ekhunter1 Apr 11 12 4:24 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

SupraTurbo619

Registered Member

#11 [url]

Apr 11 12 4:57 PM

Ayipapi wrote:
If Nike was smart they would send Wally a sample so he could tell them whats wrong and what's right...

This.

Hopefully these are similar in quality to the SC IIs.

TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote    Reply   

mints.niketalk

Registered Member

#12 [url]

Apr 11 12 5:08 PM

ekhunter1 wrote:
trust me you guys arent in b4 wally!

and I have a little more optimistic being that they are "Premium"  but as we all now sometimes the "Premium" doesn't necessarily mean that!

I'm more concerned that by calling them premium they'll limit what shops get these. Make these a wide release GR and put a little bit of marketing behind them.

My Collection

Wanted all size 11: Veneers, Air Trainer 1 Chlorophyll, Black/Red 13, Black/Red 11, New Balance x Hanon M670 "Spitfire"

Quote    Reply   

SoleAddict34

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Apr 11 12 5:11 PM

SinnerP wrote:
Haha, Wally was all over this even before the thread was made! smiley: tongue

But just based on that preliminary catalog pic, there might be some concerns Nike's just using the 2002/2008/2009 chassis, which some of you guys will know was different from the 2000 retro. Toebox, tongue, materials and more importantly, the fit... will need to keep an eye on those things. 

Rich ~ What are you, nuts!?  In the SC2's!?  Dude... clay~!  Oh that hurts!  Stuff doesn't come off!  HarTru right?
Yeah, Wally was nice enough to let some of us know before hand about the release of these. 

I can't get too excited about these though. Like some have mentioned Nike's definition of "Premium" varies widely. If its that same synthetic stuff used on the 2008 and 2010 then its a no thanks for me. 

R.I.P. NIKE, 1968-2005

Quote    Reply   

green rhino123

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Apr 11 12 7:11 PM

awe man, are they gonna do the toe-box with those big spaced-out holes
like they now put on the ATIII (ATSC)?

it's one the least favorite "updates" on the air trainers - changes the look

if they end up dropping with that toe-box...no cop
(pics disappoint because of this one factor - and i was on board even with sub-par quality concerns)
upset actually

Quote    Reply   

Weatherman.niketalk

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Apr 12 12 12:30 AM

Thanks Nike. Luckily classics like these don't seem to get the crazy amounts of hype so they should be an easy grab. Honestly, give me a pair or 2 of those McEnroes and they can keep EVERYTHING else.

Let's have a little faith in Nike. After all, the QS SCII's didn't have a Premium label and we all saw how those turned out-- some of the best Nike Retro quality in years. Maybe someone over there is actually putting their best effort in doing these right, or at least close to right!

Last Edited By: Weatherman Apr 12 12 12:34 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

green rhino123

Registered Member

#19 [url]

Apr 12 12 1:18 AM

^
ya, well - the sc II's had the same type of holes on the toe-box as the original

the widely spaced holes look like crap

can't believe i'm the only one that thinks it's a deal breaker

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help