Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Mar 12 12 3:45 PM

The penny v is a hyperfuse upper with a 180 air bag zoom in the front a lebron 9 set up this one actually has real carbon fiber shank.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MrSoLeFrEsH

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Mar 12 12 4:00 PM

This sort of makes sense to me actually of all the lines to re launch Penny's makes the most sense.

Plus on a side note if they are re launching his line it'd make sense that Memphis be a Penny sponsored school they're seemingly next up for a new batch of uni's having had these for a while.

If they keep the price point under $130 it'd sell well I think.

Quote    Reply   

jsmith42

Registered Member

#25 [url]

Mar 12 12 5:30 PM

If Nike is planning on continuing his sig line, I think they should get an NBA player to carry it on and wear them on court. That's only if they plan on going beyond the Penny V... Maybe somebody like Tyreke Evans?

Quote    Reply   

NikeDealer.niketalk

Registered Member

#27 [url]

Mar 12 12 6:49 PM

I think alot of you are missing the boat on the opportunity Nike is seizing. Some of you are right on point.

Penny's name carries weight. While Nike did a great job re-branding the Foamposite on its own... and using Penny when it needed they are now using Penny to expand the line and move more units.

I'd MUCH rather Penny's line come back to life than keep seeing whats being done to the Jordan line.

Another note Im not sure alot of guys realize. Folks speak down on Hybrids... but in design the term DNA is used often to describe what design cues are used from other shoes. If you walked around the Nike campus...

Many.. and I mean MANY "New" Sneaker designs have design cues from older shoes. Sometimes you will see a Jordan shoe on the Nike or NSW side.... (rarely) or you will see a Nike shoe on the Jordan side.... they are obtaining design cues from other joints to give direction or spark ideas for a new direction. Sometimes those cues are REALLY obvious.. sometimes barely at all due to the great design blends used... especially with the changes the shoes go thru throughout the design process.

I say embrace it as a shoe head.. and NWT I'd get used to that my man if you are planning to make that journey.. lol.. We ALL want to change the world when we get there but quickly realize we gotta learn the Nike way.. and slowly do what we can to put our mark on the place.

Its not a quick process.....but Dolce is def. putting his mark on the Penny line and as long as they drive performance into THIS as opposed to the Zoom Rookie Im a happy dude.

Quote    Reply   

Nermindee

Registered Member

#28 [url]

Mar 12 12 7:08 PM

eh... dont like that they leaching off a hybrid and calling it a V... LAME

if anything I hope they change the comfort of the shoe and not be all clunky like the zoom rookie

Quote    Reply   

andfattoo

Registered Member

#29 [url]

Mar 12 12 7:26 PM

NikeDealer wrote:
I think alot of you are missing the boat on the opportunity Nike is seizing. Some of you are right on point.

Penny's name carries weight. While Nike did a great job re-branding the Foamposite on its own... and using Penny when it needed they are now using Penny to expand the line and move more units.

I'd MUCH rather Penny's line come back to life than keep seeing whats being done to the Jordan line.

Another note Im not sure alot of guys realize. Folks speak down on Hybrids... but in design the term DNA is used often to describe what design cues are used from other shoes. If you walked around the Nike campus...

Many.. and I mean MANY "New" Sneaker designs have design cues from older shoes. Sometimes you will see a Jordan shoe on the Nike or NSW side.... (rarely) or you will see a Nike shoe on the Jordan side.... they are obtaining design cues from other joints to give direction or spark ideas for a new direction. Sometimes those cues are REALLY obvious.. sometimes barely at all due to the great design blends used... especially with the changes the shoes go thru throughout the design process.

I say embrace it as a shoe head.. and NWT I'd get used to that my man if you are planning to make that journey.. lol.. We ALL want to change the world when we get there but quickly realize we gotta learn the Nike way.. and slowly do what we can to put our mark on the place.

Its not a quick process.....but Dolce is def. putting his mark on the Penny line and as long as they drive performance into THIS as opposed to the Zoom Rookie Im a happy dude.
As a penny fan, im excited to see what they can come up with.  Hopefully they can get Penny himself to help out with the process.  This could be a hit if they do this right and aim for performance like you sad.

Quote    Reply   

andfattoo

Registered Member

#34 [url]

Mar 12 12 9:49 PM

brooklynnyc3000 wrote:
DAR228 wrote:
My prediction of the price of the Penny V will be $225.00.
smiley: sick hope not lol

130 seems better to me or at least somewhere close to that price

depends on the tech in the shoe and how they feel.

Quote    Reply   

ninjahood

Registered Member

#39 [url]

Mar 13 12 12:39 AM

vood99 wrote:
So they're going to start adding Hybrids & Fusions to the signature nomenclature. Shame on Nike. 
you know when you frame it like that, yea it sounds bad...kinda wish eric avar was da one making em since he made penny I-IV and da foamposites.

Quote    Reply   

memphisboi55

#40 [url]

Mar 13 12 2:06 AM

Not looking too attractive so far... will wait for final product though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help