Remove this ad

DIOR PAINT.niketalk

Registered Member

#101 [url]

Jun 14 12 9:35 PM

LOLOLOLOL at the thought of trading John Wall in favor of Kendall Marshall.

Wes Unseld wouldn't even do that. Please stop.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

eyes of hazel.niketalk

Registered Member

#102 [url]

Jun 15 12 9:10 PM

Wes might would have consider it.

His track record says so, especially if Marshall has "high character"... lololol.

www.kickrocs.com  /  The Crew of MD/DC/VA  / @realeyesofhazel
'HARM', 'TeePeso', 'Destination Kicks', 'DCShoeDon', 'DCshoechick', 'Scott Scotch', 'DimondJ15,' 'Rudolph1996', 'ksmith4768', 'eddiebauer757', 'MyTsharp,' 'jluvinjs', 'Ghost703', 'CharmCityKid', 'Nin0 Brown', 'mytmouse76', 'SoleFood06', 'Renzo289', 'eyes of hazel','The Badgeman', 'rocman23', 'VaGixxer', 'play2much2004', 'cmoneymontana', '2guard', 'jahsondc', 'SoleWoman', 'bigj505', 'Gmills23', 'mhtcjt37', 'neukicks', 'egaroc1', 'YoUNgbR3aD', 'RamZs8906', ShadtotheCity'

Quote    Reply   

RDFM .niketalk

Registered Member

#104 [url]

Jun 20 12 6:59 PM

WHAT are they doing?

This team doesn't even have to be good; I'd settle for watchable. Wall, Beale, Ariza, Okafor, and Nene are NOT a watchable core.

I think my investment in season tickets when Jordan came back is some of the best money I've ever spent. The memories of following MJ in person for two years will last my lifetime. I never thought something like that was possible. The Gil years were also very entertaining. The team was flawed and wasn't going to win a championship, but we had a legit superstar in DC and made the Playoffs four years in a row. The direction of the team the last few years has been deplorable. Tickets to three quarters of the games are practically worthless. The team is dreadful. It's only worth going to see the other teams' superstars.

I was excited for the Leonsis tenure, too, but he's way too business-minded. I agree with the Junkies; I'd rather Snyder be running the Wiz.

Quote    Reply   

RDFM .niketalk

Registered Member

#105 [url]

Jun 20 12 8:00 PM

You're absolutely right - we have no one here that can start on a contending team. And I don't see it being an exciting brand of noncontending ball, either. As you said, four straight playoff appearances weren't going to result in a title, but Arenas, Jamison, and Butler were fun to watch and they all made All-Star teams. So far the best we've seen from anyone on the current roster is a great performance in a Rising Stars Challenge all-star game. Where are the points going to come from on this team? No one is averaging 20 points on this team and the roster isn't built to take a Philly or Indiana approach to making the playoffs without a 20-ppg scorer.

And, yes, that's exactly what I meant with the Snyder comment. At least he makes moves with winning in mind. While Snyder is criticized for signing too many overhyped free agents, I'd LOVE the Wiz to make an attempt at signing a free agent once in a while. I think that would be more sucessful in the NBA than the NFL where one or two players make a big bigger difference. I also think that Ted will find that the "build through the draft" approach doesn't translate well from hockey to basketball. I guess San Antonio and OKC did it, but they were lucky to get generational talents with their top-two picks; we got John Wall. Then they actually hit on their other picks. We drafted Jan Vesely at 6th and the Spurs got Ginobili at 57th overall. They get Tony Parker at 28th and we trade 5th for Mike Miller and Randy Foye for a season.

Quote    Reply   

Chrisqo

Registered Member

#107 [url]

Jun 21 12 10:59 AM

yall cats gotta be patience gotta let these trades soak in.
No Lockout = FULL Training Camp
Just wait, like john wall said his rookie year "8th seed"

"Straight to the happy ending, cause I don't do stories"

Quote    Reply   

BossPlaya0625.niketalk

Registered Member

#108 [url]

Jun 21 12 11:17 AM

Dont see how this isnt a step in the right direction, we get rid of an awful contract and dead weight with Lewis for two players that can come in and contribute. True we dont have the most attractive roster in the league but how arent we a little better after this trade? Hoping Andray is on his way out as well and soon.

NO MORE DREAMS NOW, THIS IS ALL REAL

Quote    Reply   

psk2310.niketalk

Registered Member

#110 [url]

Jun 21 12 12:46 PM

Maaan, bunk all that taking it back to 08 foolishness. LOL. The last time I was excited about the Wizards, they were the Bullets playing at the Capital Center back inthe 9596 season. Rasheed had just been drafted & Robin Ficker was steady yelling behind the opposing bench (I miss that dude). Look at the squad they had back then....

32 Mitchell Butler
40 Calbert Cheaney
34 Michael Curry
21 Ledell Eackles
1 Greg Grant
5 Juwan Howard
23 Tim Legler
42 Cedric Lewis
55 Bob McCann
22 Jim McIlvaine
77 Gheorghe Muresan
14 Robert Pack
54 Mike Peplowski
20 Brent Price
15 Mark Price
12 Kevin Pritchard
34 Bob Thornton
30 Rasheed Wallace
4 Chris Webber
42 Jeff Webster
12 Chris Whitney

I'm interested in the trades they just made getting Ariza & Okafur along with who they might select in the draft. It might be a good mix of old & young players.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

eyes of hazel.niketalk

Registered Member

#111 [url]

Jun 22 12 2:51 PM

Don't invest in a Wall jersey.

If you're cheap, don't even invest in the $20 "jersey t" they sell at Champs.

He's history.

We'll get the 8th pick in 2013 NBA Draft.

We'll be WAY over the cap with non trade-able assets at the time Wall walks.

The young assets here will develop and do better once they LEAVE D.C.

Slogan:  "Business as usual with professional basketball in D.C... 25 years and counting..."

smiley: ohwell

'HARM', 'TeePeso', 'Destination Kicks', 'DCShoeDon', 'DCshoechick', 'Scott Scotch', 'DimondJ15,' 'Rudolph1996', 'ksmith4768', 'eddiebauer757', 'MyTsharp,' 'jluvinjs', 'Ghost703', 'CharmCityKid', 'Nin0 Brown', 'mytmouse76', 'SoleFood06', 'Renzo289', 'eyes of hazel','The Badgeman', 'rocman23', 'VaGixxer', 'play2much2004', 'cmoneymontana', '2guard', 'jahsondc', 'SoleWoman', 'bigj505', 'Gmills23', 'mhtcjt37', 'neukicks', 'egaroc1', 'YoUNgbR3aD', 'RamZs8906', ShadtotheCity'

Quote    Reply   

GotLuv4Js

#112 [url]

Jun 22 12 4:18 PM

eyes of hazel wrote:
Wall has a team option for 13-14. After that when he will be able to roll out.... The only salaries we currently have on the books that are guaranteed are Blatche (hopefully amnestied by then) and Nene... Not saying he will stay put, but he won't be gone because we couldn't afford to pay him. Okafor and Ariza have 2 and 1 year respectfully left on their deals but Ariza has a player option that Meth referred to earlier in the thread that he'd be a fool not to exercise. Both will be here for no more than the 12-13 and 13-14 seasons.

Quote    Reply   

DIOR PAINT.niketalk

Registered Member

#113 [url]

Jun 22 12 6:54 PM

Chrisqo wrote:
We created a monster smiley: ohwell

smiley: laugh He's in for a rude awakening come July 1st.

Don't invest in a Wall jersey.

If you're cheap, don't even invest in the $20 "jersey t" they sell at Champs.

He's history.

We'll get the 8th pick in 2013 NBA Draft.

The young assets here will develop and do better once they LEAVE .C.

Slogan:  "Business as usual with professional basketball in D.C... 25 years and counting..."

He's not going anywhere within the next few years. The restructured CBA made it more likely for guys to start extending their rookie deals w/ the teams that drafted them. No other team can pay him as much as we can after next year.

At WORST, you'll see him do a deal similar to Kevin Love just did w/ Minnesota. Short term extension w/ an opt out clause after x amount of years if he doesn't like where the team is headed. If Minnesota isn't competitive in the next 2 years...his contract is structured so that he can jump ship. John Wall will more than likely do the same thing.

These youngins are all about their money. They not going to leave millions on the table. Worst case scenario....John Wall is a Wizard til '16.

Last Edited By: DIOR PAINT Jun 22 12 6:59 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

eyes of hazel.niketalk

Registered Member

#114 [url]

Jun 23 12 8:13 PM

DIOR PAINT wrote:
Chrisqo wrote:
We created a monster smiley: ohwell

smiley: laugh He's in for a rude awakening come July 1st.
I've talked to D.A. recently.

It's a wrap for him.  He won't be in the L three full seasons after the Wiz free themselves of him.

Overseas you go...

Quote    Reply   

RDFM .niketalk

Registered Member

#116 [url]

Jun 28 12 12:51 AM

Yeah, how bad they've been can't be overstated. They made the Playoffs once in the 90s. The current four-year Playoff drought is barely half of the seven-year drought bridging the end of the 20th century and the beginning of the current one.  Of course, they missed the Playoffs eight straight years before the single Playoff appearance in the 90s. So we're talking missing the Playoffs 19 of the last 24 years, including 15 out of 16 to start this streak. It's not even that difficult to make the Playoffs in the NBA. More than half of the league gets in. Only four straight appearances in the Gilbert Era keeps it from being one of the most laughable runs in the history of sports, if it isn't anyway. They've actually won two Playoff series in my lifetime, but one was a Best-of-3 first-rounder in 1982, so I don't remember it.

You know what might be more depressing than the Playoff history, though? They haven't even had a really successful regular season in decades. The Wizards haven't won as many as 46 games in a season in 33 years. Every other team in the NBA has at least one season better than that just in the last decade (except the Bobcats, but they haven't been around for 10 years yet and even they have a 44-win season already).

Quote    Reply   

Chrisqo

Registered Member

#120 [url]

Jul 18 12 8:50 AM

its official
Nobody from the agent 0 days are on the roster
NEW BEGINNING

"Straight to the happy ending, cause I don't do stories"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply