Remove this ad

GotLuv4Js

#41 [url]

Mar 15 12 4:19 PM

We finally got rid of McGee and Young..... to get Nene out of it is a win to me... I would've given those jokers away for free smiley: pimp

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

eyes of hazel.niketalk

Registered Member

#42 [url]

Mar 15 12 5:50 PM

Not to act like I'm a GM...

But when I was SCREAMING at this team to let Nick go, and just sign a hungry guy like him for the minimum (GERALD GREEN WAS #1 ON MY LIST), I got clowned.

Now look.

I wonder if these kats KNOW basketball players or scout.

NeNe has a big (but reasonable and trade-friendly) contract.  I don't see him being a Wizard for long.

www.kickrocs.com  /  The Crew of MD/DC/VA  / @realeyesofhazel
'HARM', 'TeePeso', 'Destination Kicks', 'DCShoeDon', 'DCshoechick', 'Scott Scotch', 'DimondJ15,' 'Rudolph1996', 'ksmith4768', 'eddiebauer757', 'MyTsharp,' 'jluvinjs', 'Ghost703', 'CharmCityKid', 'Nin0 Brown', 'mytmouse76', 'SoleFood06', 'Renzo289', 'eyes of hazel','The Badgeman', 'rocman23', 'VaGixxer', 'play2much2004', 'cmoneymontana', '2guard', 'jahsondc', 'SoleWoman', 'bigj505', 'Gmills23', 'mhtcjt37', 'neukicks', 'egaroc1', 'YoUNgbR3aD', 'RamZs8906', ShadtotheCity'

Quote    Reply   

OutLaw2j

Registered Member

#43 [url]

Mar 15 12 10:38 PM

not a wizards fan, but i have watched a lot of their games over the years. John Wall and Trevor Booker are the only players on the team worth keeping. this is only Wall's 2nd year and he is already a top ten point guard in the league. Look at his numbers 17 ppg, 8 apg, 5 rpg, 1.3 spg and 1 blk per game. Wall is a terrible 3 point shooter, but he doesnt shoot them often, he only shot 22 of them so far this season, but his overall fg is 43% which is good. if he had some decent shooters around him he would probably average over 12 assist per game.
The rest of the wizards are garbage, everyone else is shooting below 38% fg. They should either cut or traded away everyone else on the team. and i feel like they could have got a lot more for Mcgee and nick young. Nene is ok, but 13ppg and 7 rpg are not good starting pf numbers. Fire the GM too...

Quote    Reply   

RamZs8906

Registered Member

#45 [url]

Mar 17 12 1:25 AM

I'm good with the trade. I'm one of the few fans of McGee who thinks, even now, that with a coach who could instill discipline he'll be a problem, but digress.

He wasn't going to resign here. Neither was Young, who didn't want to come back this year, so getting value like Nene out of them two, as well as a pick was pretty good.

There was an article a couple weeks ago speaking about how many assist opps Wall's team mates cost him, and it was on average of I believe 4.

So Wall should be kept. Hire a good coach (Prays to God for Nate McMillan), START BOOKER FROM THIS POINT ON. Hopefully get lucky in the draft... We'll be aight.

Oh and fire Grunfield.

The U.R.G. 202 representer
                   Urban Renaissance Gentleman ~ My Life, One Post At A Time

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Mar 25 12 8:48 PM

Honestly the Wizards should just hope to get a good draft pick by now. There's too much talent that could be coming out next year. Think about it, MKG/Anthony Davis/Andre Drummond/Thomas Robinson with Wall and maybe Nene if we don't trade him. We'd have a pretty decent team next year, granted we'd still need to get a bench that isn't made up of just Rookies and 2nd-3rd year players.

As long as management doesn't do something stupid like draft Austin Rivers whos basically a Nick Young clone or we end up getting a top 10 pick instead of a top 5 pick in the lottery, this years draft could look promising.

Quote    Reply   

DIOR PAINT.niketalk

Registered Member

#48 [url]

Mar 26 12 9:16 PM

/\ Austin Rivers a Nick Young clone? Don't want Austin but that comparison isn't accurate at all. He's an undersized two in the OJ Mayo mold. Nick Young has prototypical size/athleticism. He's just a moron. 

I just need for these dudes not to screw up the ping pong balls at this point.

Keep losing. I need MKG or Davis. The team has no time to wait on Drummond to develop. Got enough projects on the team.

Last Edited By: DIOR PAINT Mar 26 12 9:20 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

RamZs8906

Registered Member

#49 [url]

Mar 27 12 4:44 PM

Since we're on the talks of the Draft

MKG is reportedly heading back to Kentucky next year. Complete bummer.

Davis will NOT dominate in the league. I'm sorry, I'm not sold on the kid.

I would like the Wizards to bring in Thomas Robinson, but I'm not sure he could play the 3. If he can then

If Terrence Jones comes out I think he'd be a great player for the Wizards, though taking him at number 2 (mock draft) could be a reach.

And then there's Harrison Barnes... who I'd only like to see here depending who our coach is next year.

Quote    Reply   

HEADdetective

Registered Member

#50 [url]

Mar 27 12 5:20 PM

Whoever thinks that Davis will dominate in the League is a fool.

LeBron Xmas 8 size 7 FS $150 DS LeBron Big Bang 9 size 7 FS $220 VVNDS

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

DIOR PAINT.niketalk

Registered Member

#51 [url]

Mar 28 12 11:02 AM

Anthony Davis is as polished a prospect to come out of the NCAA since KD.

6'11 and still growing. Mobile. Elite athlete. Plays above the rim. Runs the floor like a guard. Hard worker. Shot Blocker. Can step out and face up. Can take his man off the dribble.

I don't know what more you want in a big man.

Thomas Robinson is a hometown kid and great story and all but he's not better than Anthony Davis right now nor will he be 10 years from now. 

And MKG is not going back to Kentucky. His uncle is William Wesley. Let's be serious here. 

Last Edited By: DIOR PAINT Mar 28 12 11:42 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Mar 28 12 2:37 PM

I'm not completely sold on Harrison Barnes. I think he's played himself out of being a potential top 5 or maybe even 10 pick. His game against Kansas was absolutely DREADFUl. He's a terrible 1 on 1 player so I don't think he's going to transition well into the NBA at all.

Anthony Davis to me seems more like a Chris Bosh type of player. Not really a back to the basket big man but more of a hybrid between a Euro/American big man. Has a jumpshot and can get up with the best of them. Either way, he'll be 20X better than that fool JaVale Mcgee.

If I had a personal choice, it would be to either get MGK or Anthony Davis.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Mar 29 12 12:24 AM

Should have traded or got rid of everyone except McGee and Wall and stop trying to acquire international players that cant embarrass the organization. They always disappoint on the court.

just chillin in the DMV

Follow me on twitter @Budgetballing

Quote    Reply   

RamZs8906

Registered Member

#55 [url]

Mar 29 12 2:42 AM

DIOR PAINT wrote:
Anthony Davis is as polished a prospect to come out of the NCAA since KD.

6'11 and still growing. Mobile. Elite athlete. Plays above the rim. Runs the floor like a guard. Hard worker. Shot Blocker. Can step out and face up. Can take his man off the dribble.

I don't know what more you want in a big man.

Thomas Robinson is a hometown kid and great story and all but he's not better than Anthony Davis right now nor will he be 10 years from now. 

And MKG is not going back to Kentucky. His uncle is William Wesley. Let's be serious here. 

You reaching bruh. He's 6'10, with no weight on him, and he's able to dominate in college. Let's see him against another dominate, or dare I say it, at the very least Offensive post player.

Quote    Reply   

eyes of hazel.niketalk

Registered Member

#56 [url]

Mar 29 12 8:46 AM

Barnes is living proof why Marvin Williams left UNC early -- and the Hawks STILL feeling the affects of passing on CP3 for his potential.  No hate on Williams.

The longer you stay, you get exposed, and your "spot" is taken by another youngin'.

He's no where as high on my draft board this year than he was last year.

He may slip out of the lottery.

www.kickrocs.com  /  The Crew of MD/DC/VA  / @realeyesofhazel
'HARM', 'TeePeso', 'Destination Kicks', 'DCShoeDon', 'DCshoechick', 'Scott Scotch', 'DimondJ15,' 'Rudolph1996', 'ksmith4768', 'eddiebauer757', 'MyTsharp,' 'jluvinjs', 'Ghost703', 'CharmCityKid', 'Nin0 Brown', 'mytmouse76', 'SoleFood06', 'Renzo289', 'eyes of hazel','The Badgeman', 'rocman23', 'VaGixxer', 'play2much2004', 'cmoneymontana', '2guard', 'jahsondc', 'SoleWoman', 'bigj505', 'Gmills23', 'mhtcjt37', 'neukicks', 'egaroc1', 'YoUNgbR3aD', 'RamZs8906', ShadtotheCity'

Quote    Reply   

GotLuv4Js

#57 [url]

Mar 29 12 12:36 PM

Comparing Anthony Davis to Chris Bosh though?? I don't see it at all..... Bosh was never touted as a defender. Similar frames maybe, but that's it. Bosh was more polished offensively, but Davis is far more athletic, better on D, and I'll say that at this point they are a push on the glass. Not a traditional big I'd agree but how many of those exist these days?

EOH - we are in the same boat with Barnes.... He should have left last year when his "potential" was still high. Now people got a better look at seeing what you will really get from him... A streaky jump shooter who lacks elite athleticism and tenacity that I look for in a lottery wing man. And who doesn't bring it as consistently as I'd like on the defensive side of the floor.

MKG is likely coming out IMO and I'd love out Wiz to take him if Davis is not avaiable i.e. us not having the #1 pick

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Mar 29 12 10:30 PM

Anthony Davis is an average defender at best. He may have all those blocks now, but when he gets into the NBA, he's going to get pushed off the block every time. And in the NBA, he's not going to go up against some SEC big men anymore, he's going to have to guard people like the Amares and Howards of the league. He's simply way to skinny right now to guard anyone in the league.

I'd love to have MGK but the only problem I have with with is he's a do it all 3 man. Doesn't really specialize in one particulier thing. Real similar to Evan Turner who's going to be good but not one of the elite players in the league.

Quote    Reply   

HEADdetective

Registered Member

#59 [url]

Mar 30 12 11:17 AM

This coming draft is going to be terrible.

Not one player who I can say is really going to stand out and be an instant PROBLEM for the league.

Bunch of average players if you ask me.

LeBron Xmas 8 size 7 FS $150 DS LeBron Big Bang 9 size 7 FS $220 VVNDS

Quote    Reply   

GotLuv4Js

#60 [url]

Mar 30 12 11:24 AM

"Anthony Davis is an average defender at best" smiley: rollsmiley: roll
I'm not saying he is going to be the next Mutombo in the L but that an outrageous statement.... 

Again I don't see the comparisons you are making... MKG's game in no way resembles Evan Turner....  He is stronger, a better defender, more explosive. Lacks the savy, smoothness on O that Evan brought in college. Turner was a better shooter as well

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help