Remove this ad

KingJay718

Registered Member

#21 [url]

Dec 15 11 1:02 PM

Nice OGs. And yes these did big numbers when originally released. Even here in NYC they moved. The blk/gold ones that release in Spring '97 were tough too.

Super Nova
Yankees Baseball 2012

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Dec 15 11 4:27 PM

Wow awesome OGs, rare to see in that shape

Team Economics
From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up.
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII Champions
Know of some original Pump Furys? Contact me ASAP!

Quote    Reply   

Mr T from the A

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Dec 15 11 4:29 PM

Nice OGs. 

All of the retros that released dont have the rubber part that comes up on the toe.

DMXFury - thanks. I caught Reebok fever earlier this year  and I got them shipped from a Baltimore mall that said they had them on clearance for a while.

I wanted to add that there must be a problem with Reebok retroing older models as I have seen over the years.

I think they either signed a contract with each individual player that some how makes it unable to release the retro, or they simply don't have the old molds.

Reebok has been almost non existent in the retro market. There has to be a reason why they haven't re-released any signature shoes that actually gave Reebok a fighting chance with Nike in the 90s. They just keep releasing these hybrid updated models of the old classics. 

To be honest, the hunt for Questions and Answers at a time when the general public isn't even checking for Reebok is kinda appealing to me.

Also, Reebok is probably reading so make the Hexalite softer on the side. Hexalite didn't do a damn thing back then and still doesnt't, but it was still cool to push it in with your finger like a Air Max sneaker at the store. 

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Dec 17 11 1:58 PM

I think I'll take them!

I have the patent blues for the 1s. I always liked the white/reds, had the, back in the day

Team Economics
From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up.
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII Champions
Know of some original Pump Furys? Contact me ASAP!

Quote    Reply   

GL Rayner

Registered Member

#30 [url]

Dec 19 11 4:52 PM

So the white/red OG's had the pearlized toe cap. I could have sworn it was only the White/Blue that was pearlized back in 96-97. Either way, put me down for a pair in 2012 for sure. I regret selling the 1st retro's of the white/red pairsmiley: embarassedsmiley: mad.

teamautobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

160jordansdeep

Registered Member

#31 [url]

Dec 19 11 5:55 PM

this is great news i came into this section to look up some early Allen Iverson's just to see is anything was going to release

i loved the 10 anniversary shoes from a few years back

gotta break them out 

any word on the price of the question's coming out ?

THIS IS NOT THE REAL NIKETALK CLICK HERE FOR THE ULTIMATE SNEAKER COMMUNITY  http://niketalk.com/

Last Edited By: 160jordansdeep Dec 19 11 5:59 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

slim420.niketalk

#37 [url]

Feb 17 12 5:34 PM

had the blue pearl toe low tops, they were my favorite shoes to ball in outdoor for a while.

wore them til icy outsole wore out to the white midsole. 
forgot about them til i saw 30 for 30 allen iverson episode on espn. searched for them online, but no luck.
definitely coppin, when they drop. low or high top dont matter.

Quote    Reply   

pr0phecy718

Registered Member

#38 [url]

Feb 18 12 1:47 PM

memphisboi55 wrote:
Give me blue leather toes!

T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S TEAMYANKEESNEW YORK GIANTS
T
EAM TMNT MICHELANGELO HEROES IN A HALF SHELL, TURTLE POWER
much success to ya, even if you wish me the opposite- sooner or later we all see who the prophet is

Quote    Reply   

kicksaholic86

Registered Member

#39 [url]

Feb 19 12 1:44 AM

I bought a pair sometime between 2001 and 2005. I don't remember when exactly, just that I got them in high school. They were white/red but not pearlized. I'm guessing they were the team colorway that released since it sounds like the OGs had a pearlized toe. Anyone have the background on this?

Quote    Reply   

PanaRicanRetro

Registered Member

#40 [url]

Feb 20 12 1:03 AM

can we PLEASE get the white/blue pearlized. We already got the red nubucks before and as much as I can appreciate that, nothing beats that OG blue toe.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help