Remove this ad

JordanF1end

Registered Member

#2601 [url]

Jul 17 12 5:57 PM

does anyone have info to when this jacket is coming out? i need it. dopecommercialsmiley: pimptoo.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#2603 [url]

Jul 17 12 6:20 PM

JordanF1end wrote:

does anyone have info to when this jacket is coming out? i need it. dope�commercialsmiley: pimp�too.

Wow I need that to could do without lebum on it but I still need it. Any info anyone?

Quote    Reply   

#2606 [url]

Jul 17 12 6:44 PM

Just got my Uptempo's from SoleHeaven. Long story short, not impressed with these guys. Poor customer service, terrible shipping, and got the wrong size. The size thing I kinda my fault cause I should have known that the sizes were in UK conversion instead of US. Still loving the kicks tho. Anyone know where I can swap these 13's out for a size 12?

Quote    Reply   

#2607 [url]

Jul 17 12 7:35 PM

bigj505 wrote:
I did the local pickup option to save shipping. 149 after tax

This guy

I was contemplating grabbing another pair since I keep flaking on buying some freegums.

Quote    Reply   

mrfantastic21

Registered Member

#2608 [url]

Jul 17 12 9:14 PM

kICkfEEn wrote:
Midnight Hype wrote:
show time 96 wrote:
Just copped the Pippen's PimpPimp i went with my true size 9 and they fit Great

I was gonna go with my true size, those strap's were cinched down on my foot. I went up a half size.
That's interesting.. my true size 9 felt unusually roomy so I actually went half size down.

Also went .5 down. My TTS had too much room in the toe box.

Quote    Reply   

miamin2

Registered Member

#2609 [url]

Jul 17 12 9:18 PM

Good looks on the FNL update and code guys. Wasn't planning on copping a pair but for 5 under retail shipped on the uptempos in my size it was too good to pass up! Can't wait for them to get in

Quote    Reply   

Registered Member

#2610 [url]

Jul 17 12 9:20 PM

How do the 180's fit?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bigj505

Registered Member

#2612 [url]

Jul 17 12 9:47 PM

SneakerPimp2k8 wrote:
bigj505 wrote:
I did the local pickup option to save shipping. 149 after tax

what??? 
a mall near me still had a 9.5. i added 3 stores to my favorites then the store came up when i clicked a 9.5.
then i used some coupon code to get $20 off retail.

Quote    Reply   

Black Ice116

Registered Member

#2613 [url]

Jul 17 12 10:05 PM

chillainvillain wrote:
How do the 180's fit?
True to size. I love my pair.

As for my purchase of the Pippens from today's Finish Line restock, my order is on hold so I called them to verify and they said they'd call me tomorrow to request more information from me and then I'd have 24 hours to call them back to release the hold. smiley: mad I just hope they don't screw me over and give my pair to someone else because there are no more pairs left in my size.

Quote    Reply   

sman234

#2614 [url]

Jul 17 12 10:42 PM

Black Ice116 wrote:
chillainvillain wrote:
How do the 180's fit?

As for my purchase of the Pippens from today's Finish Line restock, my order is on hold so I called them to verify and they said they'd call me tomorrow to request more information from me and then I'd have 24 hours to call them back to release the hold. smiley: mad I just hope they don't screw me over and give my pair to someone else because there are no more pairs left in my size.

did you use a different shipping n billing address?

Quote    Reply   

Skip2MyLou23

Registered Member

#2615 [url]

Jul 17 12 10:50 PM

hotbutter wrote:
finnns2003 wrote:
AKALONGSTROKE wrote:
Okay, I just came back in from midtown NYC, to check the Olympic joints out for myself, and here's the thing....

..Nike completely butchered the BB4. This is the shoe that I wanted most, and what they did to the thing should be illegal.

Monkey Paw replaced by a plastic heel cup.  

Inner bootie attached, which was expandable, stretchable, being able to pull the tongue up higher, gone.

Leather upper, replaced by what feels like polyurethane, and the side panels which were suede in the OGs, now feels like felt.

The originals also had a large volume zoom air bag in the forefoot, and the Shox columns are cheaper than hte OG's as well.

For these to be priced at 150, is a complete ripoff. This is a seventy five dollar shoe at best. The retro BB4 that was done three and a half years ago were spot on, these are simply an abysmal showing by Nike.

Disgusting.

Yep. Typical Nike.

i copped the bb4's yesterday, and must respectfully disagree.

and yes i did own the OG's back in 03'? i just remember i had them early in high school in the white/red colorway.

from what i remember the retro olympics mirror the OGs pretty close.

leather on the OGs were mostly smooth, with little bit of texture to it.

Suede is on point imo, dont know what the whole 'felt' comment came about.

i would not be surprised if nike decided to strip down this model in terms of "zoom" in the forefoot and other techs, but imo in terms of outside aesthetics, i feel like these are on point just like the rest of the pack.

Air more uptempos (which i also own) are good quality but not superb.
same with 180's and bb4's (owned both models before this retro)
(havent seen the 2k4's in person)

from wha ti have seen personally, i'd rate all shoes, from a quality stand point, 8.5/10

NOT premium materials, but satisfied given Nike Retro/ Jordan Brand current standards.

can we get some comparison pictures (bb4) with the OGs?

The monkey paw was removed, so that sucks. I held the shoe in my hand, but didn't notice the bootie was missing. That was a huge part of the comfort of these.

Quote    Reply   

Black Ice116

Registered Member

#2616 [url]

Jul 18 12 12:00 AM

sman234 wrote:
Black Ice116 wrote:
chillainvillain wrote:
How do the 180's fit?

did you use a different shipping n billing address?

Yes I did, and I kinda figured that would be a problem, but I just hope I can get it resolved asap.

Quote    Reply   

Skip2MyLou23

Registered Member

#2617 [url]

Jul 18 12 1:11 AM

vood99 wrote:
hotbutter wrote:
finnns2003 wrote:
Yep. Typical Nike.

and yes i did own the OG's back in 03'? i just remember i had them early in high school in the white/red colorway.

i would not be surprised if nike decided to strip down this model in terms of "zoom" in the forefoot and other techs, but imo in terms of outside aesthetics, i feel like these are on point just like the rest of the pack.

from wha ti have seen personally, i'd rate all shoes, from a quality stand point, 8.5/10

NOT premium materials, but satisfied given Nike Retro/ Jordan Brand current standards.

With all due respect, you're talking about BRAND NEW retail purchased shoes here - not 8 year old VNDS pick-ups on eBay.

The fact that you're rating $150 shoes at 8.5/10 and content with them is borderline absurd! What's to stop them from releasing $160 shoes with a rating of 7/10?

The original Shox BB4 released in 2000 or 2001. The retail price was $150.

These retros are retailing for $150: the same price as the original release, but 11-12 years later. Given that the price of everything has increased, do you think Nike would maintain the same quality and features as the originals? That would mean they're making less of a margin per shoe. At the end of the day, as Milton Friedman proposed, the objective of a business is to make money, and Nike is a business. We should accept the lower quality if the price wasn't increased since 2000.

Quote    Reply   

GRUP.niketalk

#2618 [url]

Jul 18 12 5:45 AM

picked up a size 10 from FNL with $24 off. Good lookin on the heads up.

EDIT: just went to NDC and was able to add a size to my cart, went back to the the uptempo page and now says out of stock. Still have it in my cart tho. Kind of odd.

Last Edited By: GRUP Jul 18 12 5:47 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Al Bundy5.niketalk

Registered Member

#2619 [url]

Jul 18 12 6:45 AM

Skip2MyLou23 wrote:
vood99 wrote:
hotbutter wrote:

With all due respect, you're talking about BRAND NEW retail purchased shoes here - not 8 year old VNDS pick-ups on eBay.

The fact that you're rating $150 shoes at 8.5/10 and content with them is borderline absurd! What's to stop them from releasing $160 shoes with a rating of 7/10?

The original Shox BB4 released in 2000 or 2001. The retail price was $150.

These retros are retailing for $150: the same price as the original release, but 11-12 years later. Given that the price of everything has increased, do you think Nike would maintain the same quality and features as the originals? That would mean they're making less of a margin per shoe. At the end of the day, as Milton Friedman proposed, the objective of a business is to make money, and Nike is a business. We should accept the lower quality if the price wasn't increased since 2000.

In the UK retail is 190 yet quality is still at the 150 price point

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help