Chapter 1: Days Gone By
- I liked how the beginning of the tv show stayed really true to the comic. How Rick ended up in the hospital, when he woke up, and how he got home. Even down to seeing that half-bodied zombie and then returning to kill it.
- Also liked the tv version of how Rick got introduced to the group. It seemed more in depth, and really liked the "Tank scene" and how he runs into Glenn via two way radio. In the comic, Glenn saves Rick and they run a few steps into the forest. The forest and city seem too damn close as opposed to the tv show which shows there is major distance between the two.
- Shane is the legit leader of the group, he is Rick from the tv show, and it's crazy how he just falls off when Rick comes back. He just falls apart because of Lori. I really like how they developed the tv version of Shane. When he got offed by Carl in the comic,
, just threw me off.
- Shane refuses to move camp, and people just listen. Also, there is no Daryl, so tv gets another point since Daryl is a solid character.
- Still don't know where "T-Dog" comes in.
- They nixed Donna/Allen and the twins and created Ed and Carol. Carol also seemed a lot younger than what they made her to be on tv, husband was already dead in the comic.
- Dale also seems older in the tv version, and Dale/Andrea is more of a father/daughter on tv as opposed to a....sexual relationship in the comic.
- Also the "Walkers" in the comic are dumb and slow, on the show they run...
Chapter 2: Miles Behind Us
- Why no Tyrese in the tv show, he's a strong character. T-Dog really serves no purpose. Tyrese is not as bad $!% as Daryl but he's an integral part of the group in the comic, and is really close to Carol.
- Wilshire Estates would've been a great episode full of action, too bad it got skipped on the show. Budget cuts? Wilshire Estates = Center for Disease Control, nah. Guess writers/producers/directors skipped that in order to focus on the gang making to the CDC.
-Season 1 was only six episodes and Season 2 got a full slate and it has dragged. I love the show but it has dragged a ton in Season 2. They were on the road for too long, waiting for Sophie for too long, just felt like they were there forever. Now they are at Herschel's farm. Still all that took way too long, should of been a 2-4 episode arc instead of the 7 it has taken.
- Herschel's family got reduced, Otis is too fat in the tv show.
- Also, Carl's wound is grossly exaggerated on the tv show, it's a simple shoulder wound in the comic. I guess they had to develop Shane's crazy side by sending him to the HS to get supplies with an overweight and somewhat useless Otis. Shane makes him useful by shooting him and making him a meal so he can getaway.
- The Barn with walkers exists on Herschel's farm in the tv show and in the comic. I won't spoil it, don't need more tears.
- Glenn smashing Maggie, let's see if he simps on the tv show like he did in the comic.
- Wonder if they find the prison on the tv show?
This is off the top of my head.