Remove this ad

GaBeGRaMz

Registered Member

#21 [url]

Jun 23 11 5:14 PM

The red joints look like the red version of these.

Hopefully they drop something like that and it isn't just a sample. They looking fire.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BigLescobar

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Jun 23 11 7:22 PM

RustyShackleford wrote:
I still can't get over the fact that shoe is inspired by shoes Penny wore in his second season not his rookie season. But the shoe does have potential 

Exactly, the Go LWP came out in the 94-95 regular season and the Flight One came out for the 95 Playoffs,He also wore Air Ups and Air Lambaste that year  Pennys rookie year was 93-94 and he wore Air Force Mid, Air Swift and Jordan IX in his rookie year ,its pretty sad that Nike probably doesnt even realize that these shoes theyre using for inspiration werent even from the Rookie Year.....

Quote    Reply   

Weatherman.niketalk

Registered Member

#24 [url]

Jun 23 11 11:24 PM

So that's bad enough, but like I said in my original post..

How exactly do the Foam Ones fit into the theme of Penny's rookie shoes? I'm guessing they just used the Foamposite element because it's easy to work around.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jun 24 11 2:47 PM

I think you all are reading too much into the name of the shoe. It's just another half cent mash-up of all his shoes. They named it the Zoom Rookie. Were yall complaining about the name of the half cents because they weren't fractionally correct since they were made of more than 2 shoes?

Quote    Reply   

PTone.niketalk

Registered Member

#26 [url]

Jun 24 11 3:29 PM

mildsauce wrote:
I think you all are reading too much into the name of the shoe. It's just another half cent mash-up of all his shoes. They named it the Zoom Rookie. Were yall complaining about the name of the half cents because they weren't fractionally correct since they were made of more than 2 shoes?

This is what Penny had to say about em himself:

Penny Hardaway

@Iam1Cent

The 'ROOKIE'!! Coming soon! The Rookie is a combination of the shoes that I wore my rookie year. Coming in august. All colors!

June 23, 2011 8:37a, from Echofon

Quote    Reply   

SoSickening

Registered Member

#32 [url]

Jun 25 11 2:44 AM

They gotta stop playin and retro these penny sneakers.. Penny 4's in OG colorways, black/royal foams, flight one, air up (with the 1 on the back), air go lwp white/royal, jordan ix p.e. home&Away ........

Quote    Reply   

maxtempo96

Registered Member

#35 [url]

Jun 25 11 3:13 PM

how i wish penny wasn't robbed of the prime of his career,we could've been enjoying the retro of penny V's or VI's instead of settling for hybrids and mash-ups.  

Quote    Reply   

SoSickening

Registered Member

#37 [url]

Jun 25 11 6:50 PM

maxtempo96 wrote:
how i wish penny wasn't robbed of the prime of his career,we could've been enjoying the retro of penny V's or VI's instead of settling for hybrids and mash-ups.  

same but i think doing the IV right this time and the non-numbered pennys would do well for both us and Nike

Quote    Reply   

Dtrain12.niketalk

Registered Member

#39 [url]

Jun 25 11 11:54 PM

ninjahood wrote:
as always, da orlando color will sell out, a all black color will move slow but steady, and a eggplant colorway is da dark horse...

said best,
theres a pic of these in yellow that looks pretty good imo.
might be a bball only shoe for me

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jun 26 11 12:13 AM

how much are they going to be running for in the store?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help