Remove this ad

EvansST

Registered Member

Lead

Sep 28 11 3:09 AM

Tags : :

Adidas seems to be pushing to make themselves a perennial player in the basketball world that's dominated by Nike with the MVP from last year, Derrick Rose.

The Adizero Rose 1.0 and 1.5 sold very well. Then they followed up with the Adizero Crazy Light. Those did well too.

The next chapter...Adizero Rose 2.0...

Features practically the same technology as the Crazy Lights; with a sprintframe, sprintweb, specific EVA cushioning, this is
still a light weight basketball shoe.

These were released a day ago through facebook in Adidas version of a quickstrike. All pairs sold out.

Video of Derrick Rose talking about the Adizero Rose 2.0.

This color way and a white/red/black colorway will be released October 6, 2011 at $110.00

Other colorways the popped up on various blogs..

Christmas colorway

"Gucci" colorway

White/ red/ black colorway

Simeon High School Colorway

New commercial.

ADIDAS BASKETBALL UNLEASHES THE BULL

MVP Derrick Rose’s adiZero Rose 2 Signature Basketball Shoe Featured in New adidas Global Campaign

PORTLAND, Ore. (September 29, 2011) – adidas today unveiled its marketing campaign to promote Derrick Rose’s new signature basketball shoe, the adiZero Rose 2. “The Bull” is a 60-second spot that celebrates one of basketball’s most exciting players and showcases his athleticism, fearlessness and basketball prowess.

“The adiZero Rose 2 is built for my speed so you better want to be fast if you wear this shoe,” said Rose, basketball’s youngest ever MVP. “It’s stable and light so it plays great on the court, but it’s also really clean so you can rock it and look real nice off the court. I felt like a gladiator when I laced them up to film ‘The Bull,’ and I hope everybody likes how we show my new shoes to the world.”

Filmed in Madrid, the spot opens with Derrick released from a gate as “The Bull” to a frenzied crowd in a bullfighting arena. After sizing up the matador and picadors, Derrick drives into the bullring in his signature shoes using his speed, agility and strength to blow by and overpower opponents that represent his real on-court rivals. Created by 180LA, directed by Stacy Wall and featuring music by DJ/producer AraabMuzik, the spot features authentic Spanish bullfighters in their traditional costumes.

“Derrick is one of the most iconic and explosive athletes from Chicago to Shanghai, and we wanted to showcase his signature shoe in a unique way that puts the basketball world on notice,” said Lawrence Norman, adidas Vice President of Global Basketball. “The adiZero Rose 2 is built specifically to enhance Derrick’s game, tell his story and provide players with a shoe that gives them instant style and speed.”

“The Bull” debuted today on YouTube after the adidas Basketball Facebook page challenged its fans to unlock it for an early premiere. The commercial begins television rotation October 5 on ESPN and Cartoon Network programming, and during NFL broadcasts on CBS, NBC and ESPN. The campaign also includes print, online and mobile activation, with fans invited to continue the social conversation through�facebook.com/adidasbasketball

The adiZero Rose 2 signature shoe, designed exclusively for Derrick Rose, features SPRINTWEB to reduce weight and increase comfort, while the SPRINTFRAME external heel counter allows for stability and motion control. It features a gore ankle strap for increased lockdown that also adjusts to accommodate Derrick’s adiZero Speedwrap ankle brace. The unique herringbone and volcanic traction pattern give optimum grip and pay homage to Derrick’s explosive play.

Design details are inspired by his MVP season where he led his team to the top conference playoff seed and conference finals. The shoe features “All Flights Cancelled” on the tongue to represent how his play altered opposing teams’ future plans, and the sock liner reveals a list of cities with professional basketball teams as destinations on an airport status board. All statuses read canceled except for one that is “Cleared for Flight,” Chicago.

The adiZero Rose 2 will launch in home and away colorways on October 6 and rollout in five additional colors through December 22. The shoe will be exclusively sold at Foot Locker and Eastbay for MSRP $110.

Can't wait!

May the force be with you...

Last Edited By: EvansST Feb 3 12 7:21 PM. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

KingJay718

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Sep 28 11 11:05 AM

I LOVE what Adidas is doin' the past couple of seasons. This is a release I'm gonna be apart of. L-Train and blk/red colorway will be copped.  

Super Nova
Yankees Baseball 2012

Quote    Reply   

NobleKane

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Sep 28 11 6:45 PM

somethings i like about this shoe and somethings i dont

For Sale brand new Deadstock Nike Lebron 3 birthday pack size 11.5 $200 shipped via paypal payment sent as gift pm me or email at [email protected] if interested. 

Quote    Reply   

DNeou20

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Sep 29 11 3:04 AM

and your point is? why can't an athlete put out a colorway for his roots? even if they aren't sponsored?

NEED THESE GONE!FS Sz. 10 '07 Caro Blue Laser Huarache 2k4 (DS-$130) Sz. 10 Air Jordan XX3 White/Red (DS- $145) pm me.  ONLY CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE MONEY READY! If willing to offer trades LMK, you ship first

Quote    Reply   

DNeou20

Registered Member

#7 [url]

Sep 29 11 3:56 AM

"bred" and L-trains are a must!

NEED THESE GONE!FS Sz. 10 '07 Caro Blue Laser Huarache 2k4 (DS-$130) Sz. 10 Air Jordan XX3 White/Red (DS- $145) pm me.  ONLY CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE MONEY READY! If willing to offer trades LMK, you ship first

Quote    Reply   

KingJay718

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Sep 29 11 5:48 PM

This shoe looks really good casual. I want to get 2-3 colorways, but I doubt I'll stick to that.

Super Nova
Yankees Baseball 2012

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

eeibaby

Registered Member

#12 [url]

Sep 29 11 8:57 PM

I got a question, in the commercian is he wearing a pair with a strap? Whereas the ones that will be released will not have them?

PHILADELPHIA 76ers
BLVCK OPS

Quote    Reply   

KingJay718

Registered Member

#14 [url]

Sep 29 11 10:33 PM

eeibaby wrote:
I got a question, in the commercian is he wearing a pair with a strap? Whereas the ones that will be released will not have them?

No. He's wearing his usual RoboCop ankle bracelets with his shoes. No sarcasm.

Super Nova
Yankees Baseball 2012

Quote    Reply   

DNeou20

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Sep 30 11 3:04 AM

the thursday drop date is interesting to me

Quote    Reply   

mt3130

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Sep 30 11 11:03 AM

i might check these out. i tried on a pair of the crazy lights but the ankle collar was too high. maybe i will like these better. the extra 2 ounces these have on the crazy light is probably a good thing.

looks like my rotation for this season will be the UA bloodlines and possible these if the cushioning is acceptable and the ankle collar isnt flimsy like it is on all of nike's garbage for this season.

Quote    Reply   

duke4005

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Oct 1 11 12:47 AM

^^^mt, my pair should be here tomorrow or MOnday - as soon as they get in I will give you a quick run through.

Joshua 6:20
6:20 When the trumpets sounded, the people shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the people gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so every man charged straight in, and they took the city.

Devil since 1986... Can you play the game?

Quote    Reply   

KingJay718

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Oct 1 11 11:13 AM

Super Nova
Yankees Baseball 2012

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help