Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 23 11 4:30 AM

Tags : :

http://www.facebook.com/e....php?eid=180017028739215¬if_t=event_invite

I go to UC Berkeley. Supposedly the Berkeley College Republicans are doing this in satire towards an affirmative action phonebanking going on at campus supporting CA Senate Bills 185 ( http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/Bills/SB_185/20112012/ ) and 387. I honestly don't know how to articulate my ideas right now, but I do believe this is distasteful and just plain wrong. Within a couple hours, this is already creating a hoopla within my network on facebook.

What I'm asking is, are people being too sensitive? I saw this is and seriously just laughed at how ignorant this is. I thought this needed to be shared.
Please share your thoughts and opinions,

*I suppose this is kind of a race thread (Affirmative Action). So by any means if it gets too hectic, delete the thread.

Strictly for The Peeps

Last Edited By: Captain Charisma Sep 23 11 4:38 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

nawlinsjunkie.niketalk

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Sep 23 11 4:42 AM

I mean I get the point but to actually go through with this is stupid. It's just gonna create problems especially since people are being way too sensitive.

The whole affirmative action debate is a no win scenario. On one hand there's the possibility that a less qualified person gets the job just because he's a minority, and on the other hand a minority job applicant might have faced more challenges due to his background and deserves it more (but couldn't this be seen as racist if you assume this smiley: ohwell smiley: laugh ).

Raiders/Warriors/Giants/Cal/F.C. Barcelona/USA/Portugal

Nawlinsjunkie= Little brother's screen name...Bay Area born and raised

Last Edited By: nawlinsjunkie Sep 23 11 4:50 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

solelistikn1ke1ne

Registered Member

#4 [url]

Sep 23 11 4:46 AM

nawlinsjunkie wrote:
I mean I get the point but to actually go through with this is stupid. It's just gonna create problems since people are being way too sensitive.

cosign. especially at CAL of all places smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 23 11 5:04 AM

solelistikn1ke1ne wrote:
nawlinsjunkie wrote:
I mean I get the point but to actually go through with this is stupid. It's just gonna create problems since people are being way too sensitive.

cosign. especially at CAL of all places smiley: laugh
I'm not one to get all "Oh Noeeeezzzz!!!!!!1!!!!!!111!11 THAT'S RACIST!" but c'mon these people could have gone about this a completely different way. They could have created some type of forum or debate to discuss their ideas.

Also, even though this is Cal, you'd be surprised at how many right wingers we have here. The whole super liberal feel here gets blown out of proportion.

Strictly for The Peeps

Last Edited By: Captain Charisma Sep 23 11 5:07 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

youngdoc.niketalk

Registered Member

#14 [url]

Sep 23 11 12:56 PM

PharelFor3 wrote:
Cats are def taking shots at Cal in that post. This can end really badly

I took one shot at them. Just a little rivalry love.

No matter how "good" a school is there will always be the dbags who do dumb stuff and reflect poorly on themselves and the school. I don't know if anything this dumb happened while I was at Stanford but we had our share of racists

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 23 11 2:34 PM

youngdoc wrote:
PharelFor3 wrote:
Cats are def taking shots at Cal in that post. This can end really badly

I took one shot at them. Just a little rivalry love.

No matter how "good" a school is there will always be the dbags who do dumb stuff and reflect poorly on themselves and the school. I don't know if anything this dumb happened while I was at Stanford but we had our share of racists

It's good dude. I honestly really like the rivalry between Stanfurd and us. I'm going to be at The Big Game this year.

And I know there will always be dbags at any school. It's just how are people so stupid to even play like this? How are representatives of Berkeley College Republicans even write this? I don't think they are going to follow through with it. 

Edit* I just realized they changed the description of their Diversity Bake Sale. Although it was done in satire, it was done in very poor taste.

Strictly for The Peeps

Last Edited By: Captain Charisma Sep 23 11 2:40 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Just bLAzed.niketalk

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Sep 26 11 4:16 PM

6 got dem handlez wrote:
ServeChilled81 wrote:
6 got dem handlez wrote:
What's sadder is the people who give these faux-intellectuals a platform, they still think race is an issue. What is this the early 2000's?

it is still the early 2000's smiley: smile

Really? We're already in the second DECADE of the new millennium , wake up.

.....we're already in the 2nd decade of the new millennium.....

out of 100 decades smiley: laugh

anyways, really? you wouldn't consider 1311 the early 1300s?

LOS ANGELES
                        LAKERS

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help