Registered Member

Lead

Jun 26 11 11:45 PM

Tags : :

i have a linksys e1000 wireless router

that keeps giving me the same ip address

i tried the release renew and it wont work

i changed my mac address and ive tried rebooting it

it gives me a different ip when i plug my modem into my computer but it keeps giving me the same one when i connect it to my router

smiley: frown
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

RickyBattalion

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:13 AM

You're getting the same internal address or the same public address?

Depending on your Bin file your modem gets from your ISP, you're going to get 1, 3, 5, or 12 Public IP addresses you can use by way of administration of your router. If you have been given more than one, connect your modem into Port 1, which will turn it into a switch allowing you to designate a different Public IP to each of the remaining ports of the router. Plug your Computer into a different port on the router and you will be using a Public IP on that computer instead of a Private from the router. This will disable all Internal Networking, so keep that in mind.

Since you're saying you're banned on a game, they banned the Public IP address of MAC address your device has, being your router. Leaving your modem unplugged for a few hours gives you the chance of obtaining a new lease from the CMTS if no one else was given your old one.

Quote    Reply   

NikeVandal

Registered Member

#11 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:17 AM

RickyBattalion wrote:
You're getting the same internal address or the same public address?

Depending on your Bin file your modem gets from your ISP, you're going to get 1, 3, 5, or 12 Public IP addresses you can use by way of administration of your router. If you have been given more than one, connect your modem into Port 1, which will turn it into a switch allowing you to designate a different Public IP to each of the remaining ports of the router. Plug your Computer into a different port on the router and you will be using a Public IP on that computer instead of a Private from the router. This will disable all Internal Networking, so keep that in mind.

Since you're saying you're banned on a game, they banned the Public IP address of MAC address your device has, being your router. Leaving your modem unplugged for a few hours gives you the chance of obtaining a new lease from the CMTS if no one else was given your old one.

the proxy wont work as its for a game im fine on the web

so youre telling me to try a different port??

its the ip address i get when i go on whatismyip.com

when i connected my modem to my computer directly bypassing my router my ip address constantly changes

but when i use my router again it keeps me giving the same ip

i have a dynamic ip not a static  so i dont understand what is going on

Quote    Reply   

RickyBattalion

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:32 AM

The reason it changes is because theres a different MAC address, your computer directly, requesting an IP from the CMTS your modem talks to.

Your router will continue to get the same IP Address if your DHCP lease never changes on the modem. You cannot change this from your computer. Release/Renew is only for the computer you're connecting from to the modem.

You need to essentially make your modem do a release/renew with its CMTS. You do this by unplugging it for a few hours. Again, its not a certainty this works though as some leases are cached for more than 72 hours.

Quote    Reply   

NikeVandal

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:35 AM

CoryBudden wrote:
You probably had your IP AND Mac Address banned. Which means even if you change IP, they'll know its you from your Mac address.

nah my mac address isnt banned

its just this ip lol i can get back on if i go directly thru my modem

its jut my router keeps assigning the same ip address

i can change my mac address easily as well but the router wont do a thing

its this game btw

Quote    Reply   

NikeVandal

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:36 AM

RickyBattalion wrote:
The reason it changes is because theres a different MAC address, your computer directly, requesting an IP from the CMTS your modem talks to.

Your router will continue to get the same IP Address if your DHCP lease never changes on the modem. You cannot change this from your computer. Release/Renew is only for the computer you're connecting from to the modem.

You need to essentially make your modem do a release/renew with its CMTS. You do this by unplugging it for a few hours. Again, its not a certainty this works though as some leases are cached for more than 72 hours.
i tried unplogging my modem for a few hours and nothing happened

should i disable dhcp reservation on my router?

Quote    Reply   

RickyBattalion

Registered Member

#19 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:39 AM

You should try connecting to the game without the router first. You'll be getting a different IP with a direct connect than what you were using when you got banned. If you can get in, then you know you need a new lease in the modem.

If you can't get that, set your router up as a switch.

Quote    Reply   

NikeVandal

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Jun 27 11 12:41 AM

RickyBattalion wrote:
You should try connecting to the game without the router first. You'll be getting a different IP with a direct connect than what you were using when you got banned. If you can get in, then you know you need a new lease in the modem.

If you can't get that, set your router up as a switch.

i can connect to the game fine without the router using my modem

so can you explain in detail what i need to do?

as once i plug it into the router the ip goes back to the banned one

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help