those are nice, the ankle is still white
wear em man - the comfort is like walking on pillows

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#466 [url]

May 18 12 11:36 PM

Magic1978 wrote:
Wear sneaker shields and it will get rid of the creasing
I've been wearing mine with sneaker shields since I bought them, but they still creased in the very front part of the toebox. Granted, it's not as bad as the whole toebox being creased.. but they still look smiley: sick

Quote    Reply   

Magic1978

Registered Member

#469 [url]

May 19 12 2:12 PM

NikeRider wrote:
Common guys, it's a kick and creasing is part of the overall look.
Dudes with creases get respect, remember that!

uh huh yeah

Quote    Reply   

jecca650

Registered Member

#470 [url]

May 19 12 2:22 PM

Man I picked up the black/gray ones and they are incredibly uncomfortable IMO. The pleather is tough and stiff and for some reason theres a part inside the shoe that rubs against my foot and it hurts after awhile. Some of the most uncomfortable shoes ive ever worn.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CAto312.niketalk

Registered Member

#474 [url]

May 22 12 12:28 PM

SneakerPimp2k8 wrote:
damn are they really that bad??
I've worn my white/royal about 4 times and they're not getting any more broken in, it seems.  The leather is like that vinyl/leather hybrid they used to use on Pro Wings.  I think that's my biggest issue.  I don't mind creases, but it's as if this leather has minimal give.

If it weren't for the nostalgic factor, I'd probably get rid of my white/royals and roll the dice on my two pairs of 2000 retros not crumbling into dust.

Quote    Reply   

langfor5

Registered Member

#476 [url]

May 22 12 1:14 PM

Recently picked up sample pair of the white/red/royals for $47 at the Outlet and I have to say I am kinda disappointed with the shoe. Looks isn't the problem but for whatever reason on the left pair  you can feel the plastic piece sticking out from inside of the shoe near the forefront. Not the worst feeling in the world but still a nuisance especially since it is only on the left pair. Maybe it will get better after a couple wears. And these are my normal shoe size.

I can still remember passing on a pair of white/yellow 89's at an Outlet in Texas in '99ish.smiley: mad

Quote    Reply   

#477 [url]

May 23 12 9:50 AM

CAto312 wrote:
SneakerPimp2k8 wrote:
damn are they really that bad??
I've worn my white/royal about 4 times and they're not getting any more broken in, it seems.  The leather is like that vinyl/leather hybrid they used to use on Pro Wings.  I think that's my biggest issue.  I don't mind creases, but it's as if this leather has minimal give.

If it weren't for the nostalgic factor, I'd probably get rid of my white/royals and roll the dice on my two pairs of 2000 retros not crumbling into dust.

Damn everyone saying the same thing.... guess I will stay away from these, money saved.... gonna check em out over the weekend if I have time.

Quote    Reply   

jecca650

Registered Member

#478 [url]

May 23 12 12:23 PM

langfor5 wrote:
Recently picked up sample pair of the white/red/royals for $47 at the Outlet and I have to say I am kinda disappointed with the shoe. Looks isn't the problem but for whatever reason on the left pair  you can feel the plastic piece sticking out from inside of the shoe near the forefront. Not the worst feeling in the world but still a nuisance especially since it is only on the left pair. Maybe it will get better after a couple wears. And these are my normal shoe size.

I can still remember passing on a pair of white/yellow 89's at an Outlet in Texas in '99ish.smiley: mad
THIS. This is exactly what im talking about in my post above. Funny because it's only the left shoe on my pair too. Overall very dissapointed. As far as looks go they are on point, but I had to change my sneakers at lunch during work because the flight 89s were incredibly uncomfortable.

Quote    Reply   

#479 [url]

May 23 12 2:49 PM

I wear mine with sneaker shields, so I don't feel that pleather in the forefront that you guys are talking about. However, that forefront pleather is what creases on my pair.

I still find my pair very comfortable.. even with sneaker shields since I use a smaller sized insert as opposed to my shoe size. (size 9 insert; size 10 shoe) The cushioning in the tongue and ankles are heavenly.

Quote    Reply   

1978S

Registered Member

#480 [url]

May 23 12 2:50 PM

donjuan513 wrote:
Waiting for the right day to bring these out.

smiley: mad What I would do for a DS size 11 in those right there.

You just hurt my feelings Ty.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help