Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 9 11 8:46 AM

Tags : :

Whenever I remember a dream I had, I see just how wild and unbelievable it was, and wonder why I didn't figure that out when I was dreaming.

Just last night, I dreamed I was in my high school, sitting against a wall chilling with some of my boys (who I also couldn't remember). Then Rashida Jones (as a high school student) comes up to me and is like "I liked your presentation", but I don't remember giving a presentation. I thought "wow, this looks like Rashida Jones" cause I don't know who she is, and she was standing there smiling awkwardly so I asked if she wanted to get some coffee and she's like yeah sure.

So we're leaving the building and I saw my boy so I said hold up and I went to tell my boy something, and she disappeared smiley: mad. So I went to hit her up on facebook and I saw about to send her a message then I saw something on her page which linked me to another webpage which was rating teenage girls and she had a whole bunch of comments so I thought WTH and woke up

What is this???

| team all black everything |

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MECKS.niketalk

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Mar 9 11 9:09 AM

Word man. I had a random one last night

Basicly in my dream, I had hot steamy sex with my girl...
She leaves whatever
Then, some super hot girl from my past (like this girl is someone I know in real life, not just the dream)
Come over, and were having sex. It was weird I have no idea why that girl was chosen, as I haven't talked to her in around 5 years, but it made me hit her up on facebook.
Anyways, after that she left and I started feeling guilty because I cheated on my girl.
So I brushed my teeth so I wouldn't feel dirty, and as I spit out the toothpaste, I actually spit in my sleep... so I woke up from the spit hitting my arm O_O

TEAM RAW x TEAM Late Night x Team Amp'ed
I pull and pray. I sleep with my eyes wide open. damn yall cupons look legit as hell .

AiM: MEX3X13 Twitter: MEXRFW

Quote    Reply   

papageorgeo510

Registered Member

#4 [url]

Mar 9 11 9:19 AM

I hate it when I dreamed about running or fighting someone. I always get my #@@ kick and I can't run fast. lol

On the need to remember.- Remembrance is the only paradise out of which we cannont be driven away. Pleasure is the flower that fades, remembrance is the lasting perfume. Remembraces last longer that present realities; I have preserved blossoms for many years, but never fruits. *Bruce Lee      

Quote    Reply   

soltheman.niketalk

Registered Member

#7 [url]

Mar 9 11 10:28 AM

Because dreams are naturally random. A lot of people apply meanings to dreams, when most of them mean absolutely nothing. That's not to say that EVERY dream means nothing, but how many of your dreams do you remember? They hold very little importance.

Dreams are the mind's way of processing information. Typically speaking, you'll dream about whatever has been on your mind. Your subconscious may associate certain things with your current situations, which is why things like exes, celebrities, etc make frequent appearances.

I find dreams fascinating, though. During my psychology courses I make sure to pay extra attention to any dream/subconscious section. Feel free to ask questions. (Not saying I'm the resident expert by any means, but I'm double majoring in Psychology and I'm more than happy to share what I know.)

Team Tonguerings
The #BASEDGOD runnin' [female dogs] like Rugby.

Quote    Reply   

do work son.niketalk

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Mar 9 11 10:59 AM

papageorgeo510 wrote:
I hate it when I dreamed about running or fighting someone. I always get my #@@ kicked and I can't run fast. lol

this, and i hate in a dream when i'm trying to scream something or call someone's name but it feels like i'm whispering and they cant hear me smiley: frown

Quote    Reply   

MALCALA622.niketalk

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Mar 9 11 1:02 PM

Had a real crazy dream last night as well. Woke up with huge headache in which i still have while im typing this.

im uncomfortable no matter what position i sit on in my chair.

slept only for an hour or so.

im pretty sure i was sleep walking yesterday bcuz all my lights in my house were turned on when i woke up

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

PH3N0M3N0N

Registered Member

#11 [url]

Mar 9 11 1:13 PM

Had a dream I was smashing my manager in the office but I had no arms or legs.

I've smashed said manager four times since christmas and am currently in the hunt for another job.

Is this a premonition because I like my arms and legs

TEAM METALHEADS Don't take life so seriously. You'll never make it out alive
PSN: cptnemo31 

I have never actually met a fat person who got that way through a healthy diet and exercise.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Mar 9 11 1:18 PM

i had this dream i was in this house sorta like the video game house of the dead
and i had this big $@* gun but like 3 shots.
i had a partner whos face i never saw.
we were running up some stairs and these ghost hands were grabbing our ankles
then i pulled out this GIGANTIC sword out of nowhere and litterally split the house in too.
i was super surprised and me and my partner ran out of the house cause we were now outside.

i woke up and ran to the toilet cause i was about to fart, but i felt doo doo coming out and sure enough i would have pooped my bed.

crazy thing is... i didnt even eat any food that day. lol.

In case of Emergency, break the B and not the glass.

P sells like DIAMONDS, ROCK COCAINE AND PURPLE GRASS.

Quote    Reply   

RaWeX05

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Mar 9 11 1:30 PM

In my lifetime, when ever I'm in a situation where I have to fire a gun (to defend myself), it never goes off.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Last Edited By: RaWeX05 Mar 9 11 1:39 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

SoleWoman

Registered Member

#14 [url]

Mar 9 11 1:38 PM

soltheman wrote:
Because dreams are naturally random. A lot of people apply meanings to dreams, when most of them mean absolutely nothing. That's not to say that EVERY dream means nothing, but how many of your dreams do you remember? They hold very little importance.

Dreams are the mind's way of processing information. Typically speaking, you'll dream about whatever has been on your mind. Your subconscious may associate certain things with your current situations, which is why things like exes, celebrities, etc make frequent appearances.

I find dreams fascinating, though. During my psychology courses I make sure to pay extra attention to any dream/subconscious section. Feel free to ask questions. (Not saying I'm the resident expert by any means, but I'm double majoring in Psychology and I'm more than happy to share what I know.)
what if you have a recurring dream...like the same or a similar situation...is that just because you keep thinking about it too much?

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 9 11 1:45 PM

I have crazy dreams every night that I can actually get sleep.

I remember 2 instances in the same night where I could actually actually control my dream, but I still think that there are consequences, which is why I just didn't WIO

Quote    Reply   

soltheman.niketalk

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Mar 9 11 9:54 PM

SoleWoman wrote:
soltheman wrote:

what if you have a recurring dream...like the same or a similar situation...is that just because you keep thinking about it too much?

Pretty much. But, there are a lot of theories on what the process of dreaming actually does. One theory is that it's the brain's way of compressing information and transferring it from the short term memory to the long term memory. In which case, it might be that the particular event may be too much to process in one night (even if it never actually happened.)

In general, though, most textbooks teach it that if it's on your subconscious thought process or your conscious thought process, you're more likely to dream about it. And, in general, recurring dreams do hold content that has to deal with recent activities in the subject's life. (E.G. they might see someone that looks like an ex, and they don't consciously realize it, it might be on their subconsciously and they'll start having dreams about that ex.)

Team Tonguerings
The #BASEDGOD runnin' [female dogs] like Rugby.

Quote    Reply   

iAllan.niketalk

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Mar 9 11 10:06 PM

smh I always have this same dream about climbing up stairs, get tripped up and wake up kicking trying to stop from falling down the stairs then I can't go back to sleep

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 9 11 10:11 PM

soltheman wrote:
SoleWoman wrote:
soltheman wrote:

Pretty much. But, there are a lot of theories on what the process of dreaming actually does. One theory is that it's the brain's way of compressing information and transferring it from the short term memory to the long term memory. In which case, it might be that the particular event may be too much to process in one night (even if it never actually happened.)

In general, though, most textbooks teach it that if it's on your subconscious thought process or your conscious thought process, you're more likely to dream about it. And, in general, recurring dreams do hold content that has to deal with recent activities in the subject's life. (E.G. they might see someone that looks like an ex, and they don't consciously realize it, it might be on their subconsciously and they'll start having dreams about that ex.)

It's wierd, I have this recurring dream where I'm in this massive room thats all white, (kinda like in movies where they meet god or something)
and I just start spacing out, but then i end up in this mini garden with a staircase that somehow brings me back to where i started at the beginning of the garden entrance. 
while I'm walking on that staircase, i hear this voice that goes from a whisper to this huge roar, and I just feel so small and can't do anything about it. 

I'd say i've had that one 10-15 times.

Quote    Reply   

scshift.niketalk

Registered Member

#19 [url]

Mar 9 11 10:21 PM

soltheman wrote:

I find dreams very interesting also, so excuse me for the load of questions I'm about to unload on you smiley: laugh

-Is there any way I can remember a dream clearly? One of the most ambiguous things about my dreams aren't how random they are, but how I am never able to fully remember what happened, making it seem like a story with missing pieces.
-Is there any way I can lucid dream? Like realize I am dreaming and manipulate it?
-If I manage to lucid dream, what is the extent I can manipulate my dream? Is it anything I can come up with it will happen in the dream? If so, what if I change physics?
-Can I choose something to dream about by thinking about it before hand?
-Why is it that sometimes I dream and sometimes I don't? Is it because my mind is more cluttered one night? For me, last night was one of the few dreams I've had over the past couple months.

| team all black everything |

Quote    Reply   

2LipsLegit.niketalk

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Mar 9 11 10:33 PM

scshift wrote:
soltheman wrote:

I find dreams very interesting also, so excuse me for the load of questions I'm about to unload on you smiley: laugh

-Is there any way I can remember a dream clearly? One of the most ambiguous things about my dreams aren't how random they are, but how I am never able to fully remember what happened, making it seem like a story with missing pieces.
-Is there any way I can lucid dream? Like realize I am dreaming and manipulate it?
-If I manage to lucid dream, what is the extent I can manipulate my dream? Is it anything I can come up with it will happen in the dream? If so, what if I change physics?
-Why is it that sometimes I dream and sometimes I don't? Is it because my mind is more cluttered one night? For me, last night was one of the few dreams I've had over the past couple months.

practice remembering your dreams right when you wake up and itll get easier over time

yep

You can do whatever you want, but its kinda a fragile state. If you go too ham youre gonna wake up or stop being lucid. Your subconscious tries to make order of things and therefore naturally tries to preserve things like rules of physics. Thats one of the reasons people have a hard time learning to fly while lucid.

It might help, sorta like thinking about going lucid before you fall asleep can make it easier to do so

You pretty much always dream, you just dont remember it evertime. Theres no way you could only actually dream a few times over several months

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help