Remove this ad

avatar

Been Fly Since 85

Registered Member

Posts: 427

Lead

Jan 25 11 11:32 PM

Tags : :

Yo NT, im thinking about getting a used Caddy CTS. They have northstar engines and a few people I know have nothing but bad things to say about them. I am definately not a carhead, so should I reconsider my choice?? Its an 06 CTS with 70k miles for $11,000...what ya think. Thanks in advance.

When in Doubt, Whip it Out

TEAM 1985

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 25 11 11:33 PM

ask Ninjahood


 Left Coast

 

 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

2LipsLegit.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 2,681

#3 [url]

Jan 25 11 11:42 PM

always thought they were reliable, Id google and look for a caddy forum or an old school forum though

LetItShine24 wrote:
if it a random girl tryna smash, they gonna get dropped and stomped real talk.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SneakerReaper

Registered Member

Posts: 389

#6 [url]

Jan 25 11 11:48 PM

My pops has a CTS from like 2003 or 2004.  Whenever they first came out he bought one new.  That thing is still going strong to this day.  Close to 200k miles on it.  He's planning on getting a new one this year because ol girl is finally breaking down on him.  I'm impressed though with it though.  I know myself and my brothers put that thing through hell when we learned how to drive.  I plan on getting a caddy myself one of these days.

Sig Rig: Black Dynamite
Intel i5 2500k                                   Asus Maximus IV Extreme              G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB                      
Cooler Master Hyper 212+              Cooler Master HAF X                    2 Asus 6970 DirectCUII (Crossfire)
Corsair TX850 Power Supply          3 Asus 24" VE248Q (Eyefinity)       Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 25 11 11:49 PM

First off the CTS, outside of the V series, has a v6...not a northstar so either A. You're lying or B. You're just that ignorant because how someone can consider buying a car and not know the rasclot engine is beyond me

Quote    Reply   
avatar

washanobotit

Registered Member

Posts: 724

#9 [url]

Jan 25 11 11:54 PM

UptownsDotNetStacky wrote:
First off the CTS, outside of the V series, has a v6...not a northstar so either A. You're lying or B. You're just that ignorant because how someone can consider buying a car and not know the rasclot engine is beyond me


/Thread

Quote    Reply   
avatar

JewSeeJay.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 3,398

#10 [url]

Jan 25 11 11:59 PM

/\

yea thats a bad deal./price as well... almost bought an 07 with 30k on it for 13,9xx before I copped my scion

think i recall seeing a loaded 05 with 50k for 10,5xx also... check blueknobauto.com if ur anywhere near PA, best prices... easy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Been Fly Since 85

Registered Member

Posts: 427

#11 [url]

Jan 26 11 12:14 AM

UPtownsdotnet, why would I lie about getting a car? And in the threaf I clearly state im not a carhead!! Im talking over with some friends on of I should get the cts or an impala, they say go with the impala cause cts have northstar engines and they are junk......so I make this thread.
Why the need for the loose lips calling people ignorant?... Computer tough guy stuff is so funny to me.

When in Doubt, Whip it Out

TEAM 1985

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Lemonade41

Registered Member

Posts: 5,766

#13 [url]

Jan 26 11 12:48 AM

They make good power, but have always had questionable reliability until recently

Team We end posts

im sick of yall dudes on here, this aint manilatalk.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

ToLiveandDieinNJ

Registered Member

Posts: 1,567

#15 [url]

Jan 26 11 9:16 PM

Back in the day they had electronics issues. But when i worked at the Caddy dealer, I didnt see anything out of control.

She saw me cooking eggs, and thought I was back at it.


Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mangudai954

Registered Member

Posts: 43,314

#17 [url]

Jan 26 11 9:24 PM

Been Fly Since 85 wrote:
UPtownsdotnet, why would I lie about getting a car? And in the threaf I clearly state im not a carhead!! Im talking over with some friends on of I should get the cts or an impala, they say go with the impala cause cts have northstar engines and they are junk......so I make this thread.
Why the need for the loose lips calling people ignorant?... Computer tough guy stuff is so funny to me.

wth happened to my post smiley: indifferent


Yea dude OD'ed. Some of the earlier ones had issues but like others have said you keep up with the maintenance and you'll be good.

Relate to the hate im everything that ever was..

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SEND ONE

Registered Member

Posts: 8,146

#18 [url]

Jan 26 11 9:25 PM

mossman75 wrote:
The older ones were known for head gasket problems, but i heard in the newer models they are built much better


The gaskets on my 97 Deville went a few years ago. Cost me a grip to fix. But shes worth it.

TN ~ 113 ~ OUT ~ CP
My style is impetuous.  My defense is impregnable.  And I'm just ferocious.  I want to eat his children.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mossman75.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 2,315

#19 [url]

Jan 26 11 10:07 PM

SEND ONE wrote:
mossman75 wrote:
The older ones were known for head gasket problems, but i heard in the newer models they are built much better


The gaskets on my 97 Deville went a few years ago. Cost me a grip to fix. But shes worth it.


My brother has a 98 deville, he put some blue devil in his and its been holding up ever since. Been like a year now

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mangudai954

Registered Member

Posts: 43,314

#20 [url]

Jan 27 11 12:45 AM

mossman75 wrote:
SEND ONE wrote:
mossman75 wrote:
The older ones were known for head gasket problems, but i heard in the newer models they are built much better


The gaskets on my 97 Deville went a few years ago. Cost me a grip to fix. But shes worth it.


My brother has a 98 deville, he put some blue devil in his and its been holding up ever since. Been like a year now




Relate to the hate im everything that ever was..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help