Remove this ad

avatar

Raices03.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 375

Lead

Jan 23 11 4:10 AM

Tags : :

Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

I personally saw the email last night.

1.  Starting Feb 1st you will only be able to use your discount for $500 a month.  You  will be given a discount card, no more scanning paystubs.  
2.  All part time employees will be limited on hours a week as well.
3.  I will try to scan the email today or in a couple days or if anyone else has a copy please feel free to copy it as well.

For those of you not to familiar with how the Footlocker Footaction Champs company does things, it goes as follows......
if you work at footlocker, footaction, champs you make an average $7.25 an hour....that is not a live able wage!!!!! The only good thing about the job is the discount. 
The discount has been shrinking in amounts and quantity since the new CEO took over.  

One question to all of you fellow employees are you mad enough to do something about it...or keep getting screwed...
I personally know Sneakgeekz as well as a lot of famous shoe heads....plus hundreds of angry employees 
would you back me up if I organized a protest?  Let me know your feelings 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
avatar

blackcat23mj

Registered Member

Posts: 7,250

#1 [url]

Jan 23 11 4:19 AM

Raices03 wrote:
Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

I personally saw the email last night.

1.  Starting Feb 1st you will only be able to use your discount for $500 a month.  You  will be given a discount card, no more scanning paystubs.  
2.  All part time employees will be limited on hours a week as well.
3.  I will try to scan the email today or in a couple days or if anyone else has a copy please feel free to copy it as well.

For those of you not to familiar with how the Footlocker Footaction Champs company does things, it goes as follows......
if you work at footlocker, footaction, champs you make an average $7.25 an hour....that is not a live able wage!!!!! The only good thing about the job is the discount. 
The discount has been shrinking in amounts and quantity since the new CEO took over.  

One question to all of you fellow employees are you mad enough to do something about it...or keep getting screwed...
I personally know Sneakgeekz as well as a lot of famous shoe heads....plus hundreds of angry employees 
would you back me up if I organized a protest?  Let me know your feelings 
nothing is going to happen, its a perk to get a discount not a right.  they need to make money and limiting discount to employees is what they need to do to keep those who are abusing the system.  i mean from a person who appreciates the help from employees, i see the point corp is trying to make, its all about profits especially in these times.  they have a lot of over head to cover, so i personally dont see them giving a rats butt about protests etc bc so long as they comport with employment laws they can really care less to be honest.  another kid will step in the place of a disgruntle employee who is complaining about the discount limitation.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

s dubl

Posts: 23,208 Buy/Sell Guide 

 

#2 [url]

Jan 23 11 4:24 AM

blackcat23mj wrote:
Raices03 wrote:
Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

I personally saw the email last night.

1.  Starting Feb 1st you will only be able to use your discount for $500 a month.  You  will be given a discount card, no more scanning paystubs.  
2.  All part time employees will be limited on hours a week as well.
3.  I will try to scan the email today or in a couple days or if anyone else has a copy please feel free to copy it as well.

For those of you not to familiar with how the Footlocker Footaction Champs company does things, it goes as follows......
if you work at footlocker, footaction, champs you make an average $7.25 an hour....that is not a live able wage!!!!! The only good thing about the job is the discount. 
The discount has been shrinking in amounts and quantity since the new CEO took over.  

One question to all of you fellow employees are you mad enough to do something about it...or keep getting screwed...
I personally know Sneakgeekz as well as a lot of famous shoe heads....plus hundreds of angry employees 
would you back me up if I organized a protest?  Let me know your feelings 
nothing is going to happen, its a perk to get a discount not a right.  they need to make money and limiting discount to employees is what they need to do to keep those who are abusing the system.  i mean from a person who appreciates the help from employees, i see the point corp is trying to make, its all about profits especially in these times.  they have a lot of over head to cover, so i personally dont see them giving a rats butt about protests etc bc so long as they comport with employment laws they can really care less to be honest.  another kid will step in the place of a disgruntle employee who is complaining about the discount limitation.

/thread

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Raices03.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 375

#4 [url]

Jan 23 11 4:38 AM

blackcat23mj wrote:
Raices03 wrote:
Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

I personally saw the email last night.

1.  Starting Feb 1st you will only be able to use your discount for $500 a month.  You  will be given a discount card, no more scanning paystubs.  
2.  All part time employees will be limited on hours a week as well.
3.  I will try to scan the email today or in a couple days or if anyone else has a copy please feel free to copy it as well.

For those of you not to familiar with how the Footlocker Footaction Champs company does things, it goes as follows......
if you work at footlocker, footaction, champs you make an average $7.25 an hour....that is not a live able wage!!!!! The only good thing about the job is the discount. 
The discount has been shrinking in amounts and quantity since the new CEO took over.  

One question to all of you fellow employees are you mad enough to do something about it...or keep getting screwed...
I personally know Sneakgeekz as well as a lot of famous shoe heads....plus hundreds of angry employees 
would you back me up if I organized a protest?  Let me know your feelings 
nothing is going to happen, its a perk to get a discount not a right.  they need to make money and limiting discount to employees is what they need to do to keep those who are abusing the system.  i mean from a person who appreciates the help from employees, i see the point corp is trying to make, its all about profits especially in these times.  they have a lot of over head to cover, so i personally dont see them giving a rats butt about protests etc bc so long as they comport with employment laws they can really care less to be honest.  another kid will step in the place of a disgruntle employee who is complaining about the discount limitation.

Thanks for your response ..
Nothing will ever happen without a response, I agree but if there were a small protest it would at least perk Corporate ears up.
Lets say that ALL FOOTACTION FTL, CHAMPS employees did something on a particular day it would create buzz and media coverage.
Corporations hate negative publicity.  I dont know if you have been reading about FTL CHAMPS Footaction, annual earnings, but they have been really good the past two years, I will post a recent article on exactly that later.  SO FTL is doing fine financially.  I agree that lets say 5% of FTL employees abuse the system, how about the other 95% how show up on time and do their job.  SO then 95% of employees are getting screwed.  
I have been in the sneaker industry for many years all though not on NIKETALK,  I have run into numerous FTL District managers, corporate heads you name it, and I know who many of them are.  They are the most rude, uncaring complete jerks that I have run into in any type of work that I have ever seen.  I have seen a corporate employee belittle a fellow worker on many occasions.  Basically they talk down to you like you are nothing.  I agree they will never care.  But lets see if FTL employees do.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mister Friendly

Registered Member

Posts: 5,713

#5 [url]

Jan 23 11 4:47 AM

I think if Foot Locker/Foot Action/Champs had more sales it would help them sell thru more shoes.

Shoes are never on sale until they've had them for like half a year. Finish Line always has sales and it seems like they sell out alot their product.It  also makes it more worthwhile for the customer going there.

I only go to FTL/FA/Champs when I have a F&F coupon or to see if they have a early release I want urgently like a Jordan,Kobe or Lebron.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

slim15.niketalk

Registered User

Posts: 165

#8 [url]

Jan 23 11 10:04 AM

Hey yo noblekane..I see that remark as very disrespectful 2 myself and anyone else who may work at a shoe store. Some months I spend over 500. Not cool to talk down about folks bro. I don't care who you are, what you do, and what kind of money you have. Don't speak on what you don't know. Back to the topic the limit isn't a big deal to me. Just can't let friends use the discount.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Ayipapi.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 536

#9 [url]

Jan 23 11 10:08 AM

Yea homie...not really understanding your point here...if it's clear the average employee makes $7.25 an hour..let's say works 40 hours a week which since it's a MALL job I know that AIN'T happening but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt..that's ONLY $290 a week..BEFORE taxes...that's $1190 a month...and the discount is half that...so what your basically saying is employees spend 90% (actuall TAKE home money) on sneakers???? Stop it...if your spending more then $500 a month on sneakers...EVERY month...WITH a discount...your either FLOODING your local hood..or FLOODING eBay....

And as far as organizing sneaker heads together in protest... what does that even MEAN??? People are going to burn sneakers and bras in front of FTL so you can get WHAT exactly????

Quote    Reply   
avatar

slim15.niketalk

Registered User

Posts: 165

#10 [url]

Jan 23 11 10:21 AM

All of us aren't average employees. And you have to love the internet. The place where people can be anything. Its like a fantasy world lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

NotoriousMJ23

Registered Member

Posts: 2,284

#14 [url]

Jan 23 11 11:32 AM

Spending over $500 isn't really alot

If you enjoy sneakers or like them.. Whatever.. You spend money.

Next month for example

3 foamposites drop
All-star sneakers drop
Like 3 Lebron V2's drop
Kobe has like a 4 all-pack and 2 air force ones dropping
Playoff Jordan 13's drop

And whatever else drops

Just the 3 foamposites are $600!

So if you a sneakerhead/collect sneakers.. Your kinda screwed.

And it's not a hundred dollar limit of what you can buy, you can buy the whole store..

It's a $500 discount limit.. So it you wanted to get 2 foams at discount price.. That's $280.. You could only discount something(s), up to
$220.

For some people, that's fine/fair, some employees don't care.. And just work at FootLocker to pay bills and could care less about sneakers.. And some people are mad.

I mean hey, believe it or not, some people only work at FTL for the discount.

And you have to take into account people's situations.. Not everyone is trying to get over or flood the market/eBay/sell to people.

Some people have big families or want to give out sneakers as gifts

Like "oh blah blah blah's baby shower is next week... I'll get the baby some sneakers"

Or "let me get my mom/dad some new work sneakers"

Or "my little brother mess his sneakers up, let me buy him some school sneakers, the old ones have holes in them."

Or "my brother had a good report card, and my parents don't have any money.. Let me treat him to some new shoes since he made the basketball team"

And so on and so forth.

There is suppose to be up the discount to 40% and get rid of the 50% also.


And non FootLocker employees shouldnt have anything to say.. No one personally.

But as a whole.. Niketalk is home of the cheap skates.
Dudes on here are some of the cheapest people I've ever seen.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

slim15.niketalk

Registered User

Posts: 165

#15 [url]

Jan 23 11 12:04 PM

Thank you notorious MJ!! These dudes r idiots. And the cheapskates come in here and act like they rich lol. Like I said we are not all "average minimum wage" employees. And everyone in my store has a second job or footaction is the secondary job. Like I said people think its cool to talk mess over the net. Haha internet thugs get a life

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Ayipapi.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 536

#16 [url]

Jan 23 11 12:14 PM

^dudes that's gotta be the most random post I've ever seen...how you gonna say non FTL employees shouldn't have anything to say but you WANT us NoN Employees to PROTEST?? Okay...whatever...second..you know like I know that FTL, NIke, just about EVERY retail employee "stash" goods on the reg for next pay or NOW next month....if your not already puttin kicks on the side until your $7.25 builds up..then maybe your hustlin backwards...As far as NT being cheap...I would agree...not sure what that has to do with U wanting to buy 50 pairs of sneakers every month for 40% off...

You get a discount..be happy...most of us out here had to build connects to take advantage of what most employees take for granted everyday...

And again, if your only making $7.25 and hour and you spend more then $500 a month on sneakers...EVERY month...maybe instead of complaining to corporate about a discount...you need to protest about not having a 401k program at work...cause homie your PRIORITES seem unbelievably backwards...

Quote    Reply   
avatar

slim15.niketalk

Registered User

Posts: 165

#17 [url]

Jan 23 11 12:23 PM

Who is complaining about a discount? Not me? I'm fine with the limit. I jus find it disrespectful for people to talk trash about sum1s job. And idc what another person does to make themself happy. And as I said every1 including myself is not a 7.25 an hour employee. And evry1 who is minimum wage at my store has another job. They jus work there bcuz its easy and for the discount lol.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

slim15.niketalk

Registered User

Posts: 165

#18 [url]

Jan 23 11 12:27 PM

Oh and I have health, dental, and a 401k at work. Payed vacations, holidays and whatever else u wanna bring up. Where I come from u jus don't down folks for making a lively hood or doing what makes them happy. This a sneakers forum, we all like/love shoes. Whatever sum1 makes should not even be discussed here. The site is called NIKETALK. My ranting is over now.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

NotoriousMJ23

Registered Member

Posts: 2,284

#20 [url]

Jan 23 11 12:51 PM

Ayipapi wrote:
^dudes that's gotta be the most random post I've ever seen...how you gonna say non FTL employees shouldn't have anything to say but you WANT us NoN Employees to PROTEST?? Okay...whatever...second..you know like I know that FTL, NIke, just about EVERY retail employee "stash" goods on the reg for next pay or NOW next month....if your not already puttin kicks on the side until your $7.25 builds up..then maybe your hustlin backwards...As far as NT being cheap...I would agree...not sure what that has to do with U wanting to buy 50 pairs of sneakers every month for 40% off...

You get a discount..be happy...most of us out here had to build connects to take advantage of what most employees take for granted everyday...

And again, if your only making $7.25 and hour and you spend more then $500 a month on sneakers...EVERY month...maybe instead of complaining to corporate about a discount...you need to protest about not having a 401k program at work...cause homie your PRIORITES seem unbelievably backwards...


Not sure who your directing this to..

But im not complaining

and not everyone works at just footlocker. lol

Footlocker is my part-time/weekend job

I work in the medical field

Im not trying to protest or anything.. I dont care who protest

and not every employee holds stuff in the back

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help