Remove this ad

eddie.niketalk

Registered Member

#41 [url]

Dec 15 10 11:58 PM

looking into getting a car soon too. Do u guys think a newer generation corolla for 10k is possible?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 16 10 12:35 AM

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
scshift wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.

lol I`m really looking for a v4 whip man, lol riding 250 miles and using half a tank if a good look in my book. In terms of mileage, I`m looking for a whip to last me a decent amount of time, should i strictly look for cars with sub 50k miles or does it matter as long as the car is well maintained?

v4?????

they're 4 cyl's dude

Go with a Honda accord simple as that.

Quote    Reply   

tab5039

Registered Member

#43 [url]

Dec 16 10 1:12 AM

I have extensively driven all three brands from a Maxima GLE, two Camry v6 XLE, and a now Ridgeline RL. All of them had premium sound, leather, sunroof, and even navigation on the Ridgeline.
I would say that all three are fairly different, especially the Nissan from the other two.

The Nissan was definitely the most fun to drive as well as comfort but it was definitely the least reliable. The interior was pretty solid and had an awesome factory sound system. The Maxima was definitely a good mix of sport and luxury for a reasonable price.. at least in 96 anyway. But man, I have had terrible luck with the car as far as reliability. The AC went on it and the starter/ignition/we don't know, has prevented it from starting up right away, especially when it's hot out. I would assume that the quality on Nissan's have increased since the late 90's though. The Altima is a fantastic car and has a better value than the new Maxima, but man is the Max sexy.

My family was very close to buying a new Camry v6 XLE but we did a 180 and went with a truck. The new Camry although very nice to look at from the exterior, especially the SE(kind of rare to find), the interior was pretty lacking. I would also venture to say that the Toyota interior had the worse quality as far as trim and even buttons and such. Another thing that turned me off from Toyota was that their factory paint job was kind of sloppy. If you look at the bottom of the vehicle (noticed it on ALL the models) you can see small bubbles as well as streaks around the car. These were brand new vehicles by the way. The navigation was also weak because you can't program it while the car is in drive, just an FYI.

Honda is known as a very reliable and quality brand. We were also looking at Acura TL's and TSX's but ultimately went with a Ridgeline when we made a final decision. I was definitely more impressed with the Honda quality than I was with the Toyota. Their buttons and leather definitely felt nicer. I know plenty of people who drive older Accords and absolutely love them, and as a matter of fact, if i could get a cheap early 2000 Accord coupe or sedan, I would jump on it. I would also venture to say that Honda is sportier than Toyota, but not quite as sporty as Nissan.

If you have 10-15 grand to spend on a used car, I would highly recommend finding a 2000's Acura sedan of any style, especially the TL's pre '08. Those are so sick looking and all around awesome cars.
You could also try to find a newer but used TSX 4 cyl and still have a lot of fun but have a very efficient car with great quality. Or the Accord coupe and even sedan from 96-present.

Hope I helped.

Quote    Reply   

DRJordanFreak88

Registered Member

#44 [url]

Dec 16 10 5:57 AM

^ This man knows what he's talking about. The honda/acuras from 95-2002 are workhorses. The interiors hold up for years and as long as you maintain them they will not let u down. The same can be said for the lexus es and gs models, great cars indeed, along with the toyota avalon.

Good choice on the ridgeline too, i think its a hell of a truck and its the only truck I actually wanna buy in the future

Quote    Reply   

KanyeWestJayZ4life

Registered Member

#45 [url]

Dec 16 10 7:57 AM

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/2099830065.html

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
PoloLax wrote:
Copped a Camry ('08) this Summer. I got it for the same reasons you want one. It was relatively cheap, wanted something spacious and decent looking and most imporantly wanted reliability as I do ALOT of driving.

I got the basic Camry, kinda mad I didn't spend the extra on the XLE but whatever. It runs smoothly, expect its a 4-cylinder and at  times I wish it had better pick up, but honestly it gets the job done and it looks nice.

If you keep it clean you can't go wrong.

I test drove Hondas and Nissan's. I didn't really like either. The interior on Nissan's to me (The Altima's, not the Maxima's) was kinda cheap, much cheaper looking than anything Toyota puts out, IMO. Honda's didn't have as good a pick up and there was something I didn't like.

I was skeptical about the Toyota due to recall but I had mine inspected and everything, you should be good.
cool cool, like I said I like the 07-current body style for the Camrys, but could I realistically find one for 10=< ? lol not being cheap, but when I grad I dont want to be bombarded with Student loans, rent, and stupid car note.

http://sanantonio.craigsl...5.html    2007 camry, if your going to wait till next fall you can have a small note.

Im going to buy a camry also next fall but i still have like two years of school. Im getting the 02-03 camry. <I dont believe in having a note also, its like backwards hustling to me.

Quote    Reply   

Jking0821

Registered Member

#46 [url]

Dec 16 10 9:17 AM

Save as long as you can

My 09 Corolla S.  19k miles when purchased.  15.2 cash.  0 problems.  I commute 62 miles to work then 62 miles home.  39 MPG.  Doesn't look like a fuel efficient car (some what sporty).  Reliable. Safe. Good Looking (subjective i know).  More then happy with it

Quote    Reply   

Drunken Cow

Registered Member

#47 [url]

Dec 16 10 9:24 AM

I'd say 08-2010 Honda Accords. If you got cash, I'd say Maxima. But if your not into looks and strapped on cash, get a camry. I'll post pictures of my accord, just dont have rims yet... =/

Quote    Reply   

Mangudai954

Registered Member

#50 [url]

Dec 16 10 12:12 PM

Honda Ridgeline is probably the only new truck I'd consider purchasing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Oh YoU MaD

Registered Member

#51 [url]

Dec 16 10 12:16 PM

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
scshift wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.

lol I`m really looking for a v4 whip man, lol riding 250 miles and using half a tank if a good look in my book. In terms of mileage, I`m looking for a whip to last me a decent amount of time, should i strictly look for cars with sub 50k miles or does it matter as long as the car is well maintained?

If you dont care about looks consider getting the yaris, a full tank of gas will last you a month.. according to a friend of mine

Toyotas are the most reliable cars on the road.

Quote    Reply   

iHust1e.niketalk

Registered Member

#53 [url]

Dec 16 10 12:23 PM

Angryostrich wrote:
I wasnt in a rush to buy a car so I ended up leasing a 2010 Honda accord coupe . It's a very spacious coupe with a generous sized back row and trunk space. It looks great, and a v6 model is available if you want more power, I drive the v4  EX model. I came from driving a 1997 nissan quest so obviously the difference is night and day, the ride is very smooth. I'd recommend it, and the payments are fair (279 mo) 35 months.

sorta random...but i went from a 92 acura vigor to a 09 vw jetta. $@$% was like waking up in a new body

Quote    Reply   

brrraptors.niketalk

Registered Member

#54 [url]

Dec 16 10 12:27 PM

I think reliability for all three has come a long way. Personally, I'm generally the most scared of electrical reliability. Whether you're mechanically handy or not, most mechanical problems are easily self-fixable. People are scared to take some hand tools to their car but trust me there are plenty of DIY guides for each car brand and models out on the net that makes it fool proof with pictorial guides and forums where guys are good enough to have you call them and run you through the process. You can save BIG $$ by doing most repairs yourself. The reason I bring up the question of electrical reliability is because theyre the hardest to diagnose imo. Even a simple grounding wire with corroded end can drive you insane trying to figure it out.

I'm not personally aware of either 3 having any major electrical reliability issues. Mechanically they've all come a long way and as long as you do your predictive and preventative maintenance they should run for a very very long time. I had a friend that drove his old camry to just under 700K (in kms) before it was beyond repairs he could do without justifying the amount of money he'd be required to put into it. I don't know why people say oh i got mine from an old person who drove it very carefully and its very clean. I'd rather get a high mileage unit from someone that did all the required work before anything failed than someone that fixed their car as things failed. Good luck in your search.

Quote    Reply   

scshift.niketalk

Registered Member

#56 [url]

Dec 18 10 12:38 AM

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
scshift wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
I dont plan on buying a new car, its just the body styles from those brands that I liked were primarily from 06-10 and a 06 whip with 100k miles sounds kind of smiley: sick, and all so I didnt want a car that was 10 years old honestly. Like I said if I can find someting with a nice spacious body for under 10k its a wrap.

Oh makes sense. Yeah look into Acuras as well as used Lexus. Both are pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist and are solid luxury cars. I'd normally recommend the Honda Civic but you said you wanted a spacious car, so the Camry or the Accord is probably the best one. Just watch out for the 08-09 models, I believe those were the ones with the faulty brake issues. Of course they fixed it, but if you're paranoid, you can avoid those.

My only gripe with Luxury cars is the cost of maintenance. my roomate has I wanna say an 06 ES300, looks really good, prob has like 100k or so miles. Honestly Acuras just never really appealed to me, II've seen a few that do look nice, might have been TLs but they look funny to me
Japanese luxury cars aren't usually as high maintenance as European/German luxury vehicles. In fact, you could consider the Lexus to just be a Toyota with leather seats/wood trim. They use the same platform and drivetrains, it's just the branding and the materials that's different.

Lexus is a very reliable brand, but if you want to go cheaper, check out the Camry/Accord. Sounds best for what you're looking for.

Quote    Reply   

LuckyLuchiano

Registered Member

#57 [url]

Dec 18 10 1:07 PM

scshift wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
scshift wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
I dont plan on buying a new car, its just the body styles from those brands that I liked were primarily from 06-10 and a 06 whip with 100k miles sounds kind of smiley: sick, and all so I didnt want a car that was 10 years old honestly. Like I said if I can find someting with a nice spacious body for under 10k its a wrap.

Oh makes sense. Yeah look into Acuras as well as used Lexus. Both are pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist and are solid luxury cars. I'd normally recommend the Honda Civic but you said you wanted a spacious car, so the Camry or the Accord is probably the best one. Just watch out for the 08-09 models, I believe those were the ones with the faulty brake issues. Of course they fixed it, but if you're paranoid, you can avoid those.

My only gripe with Luxury cars is the cost of maintenance. my roomate has I wanna say an 06 ES300, looks really good, prob has like 100k or so miles. Honestly Acuras just never really appealed to me, II've seen a few that do look nice, might have been TLs but they look funny to me
Japanese luxury cars aren't usually as high maintenance as European/German luxury vehicles. In fact, you could consider the Lexus to just be a Toyota with leather seats/wood trim. They use the same platform and drivetrains, it's just the branding and the materials that's different.

Lexus is a very reliable brand, but if you want to go cheaper, check out the Camry/Accord. Sounds best for what you're looking for.

so is paying 10-14k for a Lexus with 70-150k miles is good? lol

Quote    Reply   

i3allistic.niketalk

Registered Member

#59 [url]

Dec 18 10 2:19 PM

Mangudai954 wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
KeonClark7 wrote:
I've worked at Honda and Toyota manufacturing plants as an engineer. Toyota just seems to do it better.

3 years without a single problem.

smiley: pimp

I never got a solid response about the mileage thing though

I want one of these on the low
yep, look wise ..toyota might be a bit boring, but they just seem to last a bit longer then Nissan and Honda ..and i use to own a 92 accord and 98 240sx ...

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help