Remove this ad

LuckyLuchiano

Registered Member

Lead

Dec 15 10 6:55 PM

Tags : :

Right now I have a 97 Camry, that gets the job done, but it has 260k miles on it, and when I graduate in May next year I`m more than likely going to be relocating. I look to have about 10-13k Saved to buy a whip, or at least put down a huge down payment, because I'd rather not have a car note, or at least one as small as possible. I`m 6'3 so I cant drive a tiny coupe, so I`m looking for a good looking, fuel efficient, spacious, car.

The newer Camrys look great but with the whole recall stuff a while back idk. Altimas look great even though the whole hood whipping em now, and I've seen nice models of newer accords that look good.
Any recommendations or advice?

I wanted to do a Luxury whip such as a BMW or Lexus, lol but I`ll save that for when I finally make it.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

MECKS.niketalk

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:09 PM

nissan . my whole family has nissans, were loyal. i inherited (kinda) a 99 nissan altima. it has 93k miles. runs beautifly, and doesnt look trashy (as i feel like some camrys do already) . hondas are nice but to me the motors are trash. only reason they run fast is because they make the car so light.

Quote    Reply   

K2theAblaM

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:11 PM

You can't go wrong with your classic family sedans. Camry and altima for the win.

I would, however try and save up just a bit more and go for an used TSX. It's a bit more pricey, but a lot better quality when it comes to interior and reliability.

Quote    Reply   

LuckyLuchiano

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:21 PM

I`m not concerned about speed what so ever.

So the newer Camrys are good to go?

I was thinking Camrys would be the best, because I like the build of the newer ones, kind of like a poor mans lexus even though thats what they are lol. In regards to mileage, I know older Hondas and Toyotas run forever, can it be said the same with newer ones? *I know thats though to call being that they are new*, How many miles are to many when buying? Like I said I honestly dont want to have a car note, and if I could spend 9-10 stacks Id be happy, but I know I may end up dropping 11+

Quote    Reply   

K2theAblaM

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:25 PM

LuckyLuchiano wrote:

I was thinking Camrys would be the best, because I like the build of the newer ones, kind of like a poor mans lexus even though thats what they are lol. In regards to mileage, I know older Hondas and Toyotas run forever, can it be said the same with newer ones? *I know thats though to call being that they are new*, How many miles are to many when buying? Like I said I honestly dont want to have a car note, and if I could spend 9-10 stacks Id be happy, but I know I may end up dropping 11+
I like the way you think. smiley: pimp

Quote    Reply   

solemunchies.niketalk

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:26 PM

My family owns cars under all three brands, they are all reliable. Toyota and Honda are more common within my area as opposed to Nissan because every Nissan I've seen/heard in this area hasn't been properly maintained and our Nissan dealership out here isn't the best compared to Honda/Toyota dealerships. And you can hear it when they start it, leave off with it, and when you drive next to it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

LuckyLuchiano

Registered Member

#11 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:30 PM

My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.

Quote    Reply   

beh235

Registered Member

#12 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:30 PM

Finally a useful thread in General. I'm with OP, I'm looking to get one within the next couple of months, and like OP I need space. I'm leaning towards an Altima, but I wouldn't mind a Camry if the space is right. I'll be watching the post for any useful info.Nerd

Quote    Reply   

scshift.niketalk

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:36 PM

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.

Quote    Reply   

CelticsPride34

Registered Member

#14 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:39 PM

LuckyLuchiano wrote:

jeremy clarkson just shed a tear

Quote    Reply   

Angryostrich.niketalk

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:40 PM

I wasnt in a rush to buy a car so I ended up leasing a 2010 Honda accord coupe . It's a very spacious coupe with a generous sized back row and trunk space. It looks great, and a v6 model is available if you want more power, I drive the v4  EX model. I came from driving a 1997 nissan quest so obviously the difference is night and day, the ride is very smooth. I'd recommend it, and the payments are fair (279 mo) 35 months.

Quote    Reply   

LuckyLuchiano

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:41 PM

scshift wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.

lol I`m really looking for a v4 whip man, lol riding 250 miles and using half a tank if a good look in my book. In terms of mileage, I`m looking for a whip to last me a decent amount of time, should i strictly look for cars with sub 50k miles or does it matter as long as the car is well maintained?

Quote    Reply   

LuckyLuchiano

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:43 PM

Angryostrich wrote:
I wasnt in a rush to buy a car so I ended up leasing a 2010 Honda accord coupe . It's a very spacious coupe with a generous sized back row and trunk space. It looks great, and a v6 model is available if you want more power, I drive the v4  EX model. I came from driving a 1997 nissan quest so obviously the difference is night and day, the ride is very smooth. I'd recommend it, and the payments are fair (279 mo) 35 months.

Very nice! I just dont know about coupes man, I`m a big dude. Now I`m not going to have homeboys and stuff riding with me, I just dont know how to feel about a 2 door whip, maybe when Im retired and turn into a rich douche bag or something lol

Quote    Reply   

CelticsPride34

Registered Member

#19 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:48 PM

Angryostrich wrote:

I've heard wonderful things bout the 3.5 coupe

Quote    Reply   

needsomejays.niketalk

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:53 PM

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
Angryostrich wrote:

Very nice! I just dont know about coupes man, I`m a big dude. Now I`m not going to have homeboys and stuff riding with me, I just dont know how to feel about a 2 door whip, maybe when Im retired and turn into a rich douche bag or something lol
the accord coupe has a surprisingly spacious interior if you ask me, my family owns one so ive driven it a decent amount of times and theres plenty of room for me, but im a little shorter than you (like 6'0-6'1)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help