Hat: 0-20$

Jeans: 0-40$

shirts: $15 and down
Button up: $26 and down
Sweater: $35 and down
Jacket $50 and down
Shoes: $1500 and up
Jeans:$2 and down

1500 on shoes, but only 26 on a button up?

Quote    Reply   

RFX45

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Nov 4 10 6:42 PM

As stated before, it depends on how much disposable income and how much value you see and are willing to spend on an item.
Like in this forum, a lot are willing to spend $200+ on some Air Jordans but are skimping on $15 basketball shorts and $5 tees.
In other forums, they might see $100 Jordans overpriced but they spend $80 tees and $350 on jeans.

ONEFORALL wrote:
Well this is forum about shoes so ...
Some synergy is still needed in that one I think.

To be quite honest though, you shouldn't really skimp when it comes to shoes and outerwear. I think those are the pieces where you can get a good amount use out of. Like a nice leather jacket, it can last you decades if you take care of it.

Today will be Yesterday Tomorrow.

http://luxesneakers.tumblr.com/

Last Edited By: RFX45 Nov 4 10 6:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

awwsome.niketalk

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Nov 4 10 6:56 PM

No such thing for me, If I want something i'll get it.

I got 5 dollar tee's and I have 300 dollar ones.

But it all depends on the person, some people could care less about clothing period.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 4 10 7:07 PM

awwsome wrote:
No such thing for me, If I want something i'll get it.

I got 5 dollar tee's and I have 300 dollar ones.

But it all depends on the person, some people could care less about clothing period.

smiley: indifferent 300 on a tee?

Quote    Reply   

FrenchBlue23

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Nov 4 10 7:11 PM

One thing I don't do is buy a pair of Jordans, and get the matching Hoody and T-Shirt. That right there would be over $300.

I like to keep things simple when it comes to casual wear.

LAKERS || DODGERS || LAKINGS

Quote    Reply   

Mogulson.niketalk

Registered Member

#14 [url]

Nov 4 10 7:16 PM

Ginzo wrote:
Mogulson wrote:

1500 on shoes, but only 26 on a button up?

I'm a baller on a budget.
I guess brother. I tend tear my clothing till I can't anymore. I have shirts I still wear from my freshman year of high school and I'm a junior in college now. Sneakers are the same way. But no shoe warrants a 1500 price tag.

Quote    Reply   

Supermanblue79

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Nov 4 10 7:18 PM

My limits are based on value, not on the price of the item.

The item has to be discounted at least 40% for me to make the purchase, no matter what.

And like RFX said, buying good quality, classic style items is the best way to get the most out of your dollars.

Quote    Reply   

Mojodmonky1

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Nov 4 10 7:20 PM

RFX45 wrote:

To be quite honest though, you shouldn't really skimp when it comes to shoes and outerwear. I think those are the pieces where you can get a good amount use out of. Like a nice leather jacket, it can last you decades if you take care of it.
+1

if its something i know i am going to get plenty of use out of, then I dont mind spending a bit more on em.

i have to wear dress shoes to work 4 days a week (yay for casual fridays) so needless to say, i need something that i like that i can get plenty of use out of.  I probably spent around $300-400 for each pair of my 3 dress shoes in my rotation, but I've gotten a good 5 years out of 2 of em (just added my newest pair to the rotation this year).  I try to make sure they dont get scuffed up, polish when needed, and then take them to the local cobbler to get them resoled when they wear down.  The uppers are made of nicer leather that has held up quite well for 5 years so it was worth splurging a little bit on them.

GSP Fan Club Member #1

Quote    Reply   

DCAllAmerican

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Nov 4 10 7:46 PM

I take care of everything. I have coats that are sub $150 and shoes that are sub $60 that are still in great shape. It all depends on how you treat your stuff. I know things have wear and tear but putting cushions back in shoes is key. So I don't believe the "you have to pay top dollar for quality" lingo.

Quote    Reply   

Mojodmonky1

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Nov 4 10 7:58 PM

DCAllAmerican wrote:
I take care of everything. I have coats that are sub $150 and shoes that are sub $60 that are still in great shape. It all depends on how you treat your stuff. I know things have wear and tear but putting cushions back in shoes is key. So I don't believe the "you have to pay top dollar for quality" lingo.
i mean, i will admit that a portion of the price is for the label, but that doesn't necesarily mean that cheaper stuff is gonna be on the same level.

my first pair of dress shoes i bought for work I got at banana republic.  they were fairly standard black dress shoes that probably cost me a $100.  with regular wear and tear, they wore out in about a year.  if i accidentally kicked the side of my desk (not even that hard), entire chunks of "leather" would peel off.  as bad as it looked, i dont even know if it was real leather.  I've had one pair of Ferragamos for about 5 years now, worn atleast twice a week and they hardly have a nick on em.  Even when I've scraped up against something, the leather wont peel off.  Any minor scratches and stuff, I just do a nice polish and they look good as new.  Forget about the label, just in terms of value I've gotten a lot more from that $350 pair over the last 5 years, than I did the $100 pair in 1 year.

GSP Fan Club Member #1

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help