Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 31 10 11:40 PM

Tags : :

Has anybody else had this problem of their '09 Space Jams squeaking? After about the 3rd wear they began to squeak and I was suggested the "baby powder" technique but it didn't work. I don't know if I should sell them as is or send them back to Nike for an inspection with a possible credit?

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted already
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TMcGrady1

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Oct 31 10 11:54 PM

My best friend's pair squeaks too and he only wore them 3-5 times so far.  Yea, it kinda sucks, and it'd bother me too if it happened to my pair, but as long as they're not scuffed up or anything it's alright.  That's the way I see it at least.

But would that actually work?  Could you actually send a pair back after wearing them a few times and after nearly a year since their release and get money back?

Quote    Reply   

619destroyer

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Nov 1 10 12:43 AM

**mine still DS**

Your Signature 

WTB : Air Jordan BIN -IX/XIII's size 9.5
WTB: Air Jordan XI-Anniversary size 9.5
WTB: Air Jordan-III DB size 9.5
WTB: AirJordan DMP size 9.5 DeadStock or VVVVNDS
WTB: ZKV-5Rings size 9.5

Quote    Reply   

thebeast23.niketalk

Registered Member

#4 [url]

Nov 1 10 12:59 AM

ALL 10's and 11's squeak. ALL that means OG's and retros. the cool grays will squeak and so will the others that drop. how did u do the baby powder method cuz it definitely worked for me. take out the insole (careful not to rip it as it is glued in) sprinkle a generous amount of Baby Powder move the shoe around to coat the inside evenly. and pour out any excess powder

Quote    Reply   

RKO2004

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Nov 1 10 1:01 AM

Don't know about squeaking but they murder my piny toes.

23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

Quote    Reply   

eltouha.niketalk

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Nov 1 10 3:14 AM

i've worn mine plenty more then that and they never squeaked. i don't recall the og's bred ever squeaking either.

Gotta let go of some of my rotation. 
2002 Raptor VII size 10Red Suede XX1 size 9.5
Dub Zero Black/Red size 9CUSTOM Celtic Green QF 2's size 9CUSTOM XIV CDP with white midsole size 9.5
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/fancyandfresh/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
Still got some full length zooms (2 x size 9-10.5 and 1 x size 10.5+), $25 shipped. PM me. 

Quote    Reply   

thebeast23.niketalk

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Nov 1 10 10:56 AM

eltouha wrote:
i've worn mine plenty more then that and they never squeaked. i don't recall the og's bred ever squeaking either.

well it varied from shoe to shoe but there were reports from 11 and 10 owners in all of the generations

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 1 10 11:07 AM

Mine squeak too. I think it's moisture because if I don't wear them for about a week it stops. After a few days it comes back. Blah.

RIP WMG...We STILL miss you Poppa

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Nov 1 10 1:28 PM

TMcGrady1 wrote:
My best friend's pair squeaks too and he only wore them 3-5 times so far.  Yea, it kinda sucks, and it'd bother me too if it happened to my pair, but as long as they're not scuffed up or anything it's alright.  That's the way I see it at least.

But would that actually work?  Could you actually send a pair back after wearing them a few times and after nearly a year since their release and get money back?

In regards to the question about sending them back, yes. I emailed Nike and told them what the problem is, the suggested I put baby powder under the insoles (like what NT'ers are suggesting) and it didn't work but they said if that didn't work or if I didn't want to try it I could send them in for inspection & if a problem is detected they will credit me the retail of shoes to use on NDC and I think their stores. I'm gonna try baby powder one more time and add a lil' bit more than the last time & see what I get.

SWERVE!!!

Quote    Reply   

Gordonson.niketalk

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Nov 1 10 6:56 PM

My joints were squeaking. Just put some powder in there though, so let's see how it works. Good looks OP.

TEAM #BASEDGOD

Quote    Reply   

UPandCOMING32.niketalk

Registered Member

#19 [url]

Nov 1 10 9:06 PM

Mine started squeaking after a few wears,i would say after 6+...i took both insoles out, put baby powder underneath, and for good measure, put baby powder on top of the insole also....wore them 3x since, no squeaking

I havent had this problme with cdp XIs. I mustve worn them over 50x, rain,snow, ball, etc. and not a single squeak.

Team Penny  Team AirMax   TeamRoshe

Quote    Reply   

dunks318ti

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Nov 2 10 12:10 AM

mine doesn't squeek, but is it me or does the 09 SJ run a lil small??? Im a 9.5-10, but the 9.5 I bought feels like a 9 or 9.25...

Willing to trade my DS NDC size 10 CONCORD for a DS size 10 2009 space jam.  Holler.

Always looking for Flight Huarache BB size 10 (Black/Grey/White preffered) Not the Free sole/hybrid garbage

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help