Remove this ad

MrDozo.niketalk

Registered Member

Lead

Aug 17 10 3:17 PM

Tags : :

I took the exam, which was described by the MTA as "open competitive" which means you don't need any prior experience in the field. I paid for this exam, just like every other nyc job, studies and got a score of 93.5. The exam was in June 2009, July 2010 I get a letter from the MTA that I am disqualified from the job because I don't have any relative experience. I can't describe to you how mutha&*^%$ pissed I am. I was wondering if anyone here had a similar experience with this exam or any other city exam.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

airforce416

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Sep 10 10 10:57 AM

BTK wrote:
that makes no sense -- how can you even have train conductor experience when the mta is a monopoly
train conductor experience on another cities subway?

Quote    Reply   

briannnnn

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Sep 16 10 7:19 PM

Did you call DCAS? I'll ask some of my buddies who took the exam/have experience with these civil service exams why you could've been disqualified.

Like you said, on paper you shouldn't have been because the point of an Open Competitive exam is to get people this particular job even if they don't have experience. They would've trained you if you were called to attend School Car.

TeamOtaku teamamfam TeamYankees
TEAM NEW YORK KNICKS #18

Quote    Reply   

MrDozo.niketalk

Registered Member

#4 [url]

Oct 18 10 8:37 PM

I called them and they said whatever the letter states, is the final word. Its so frustrating. That's $60 down the toilet, not to mention the 3or 4 hours I took. That's some bullshhhhhh. NYC is getting more and more difficult to live in.

F/S PENNY 2S NYK EDITION, PENNY 1S SILVER HALF CENTS,SILVER AIR MAX 97S  sz12, NAVY BLUE FLIGHTPOSITE2s sz11. NYC meetups preferred. CUBANLU@gmail.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help