Remove this ad

NobleKane

Registered Member

Lead

Aug 12 10 8:45 PM

Tags : :

I was looking at some old school kicks in my closet and came across some puma suede from high school over a decade ago. I notice it just said puma and the side whereas the pairs in stores now say puma suede on the side. Can anyone enlighten me as to why it says puma suede now instead of just puma?

Does anyone know how the ogs were? Puma or puma suede on the side?

For Sale brand new Deadstock Nike Lebron 3 birthday pack size 11.5 $200 shipped via paypal payment sent as gift pm me or email at brownnoble@yahoo.com if interested. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

NobleKane

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Aug 16 10 10:25 PM

thanks for the imput. man i love the puma suedes. i think they are the best old school shoes out of all the classics (superstars, Kswiss classic, cortez, chuck taylors, reebok classics, etc)

For Sale brand new Deadstock Nike Lebron 3 birthday pack size 11.5 $200 shipped via paypal payment sent as gift pm me or email at brownnoble@yahoo.com if interested. 

Quote    Reply   

Rob1ne.niketalk

#3 [url]

Aug 17 10 11:46 AM

I think the OG's only had "puma" .. i remeber having a pair of red and whites back in 1995 (even thou the og's are from like the 60's) and it only said puma. Also the shape of the shoe was better back then imo. Now they got the well-known banana look most of the times i see them in the stores. But yea, they're one of the cleanest old school's along side with the adidas campus.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jamesyo.niketalk

#5 [url]

Aug 19 10 4:57 AM

they started branding them to avoid confusion between suedes clydes and baskets as far as i know

Wanted: AF1 hong kong, atmos, courir, mushroom us 9
new balance 1500ggb, 1500 gym, 990 hsn us 9-10

Quote    Reply   

SenorDragon

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Aug 19 10 5:03 PM

^Not a bad idea, given how similar all of them (including the States) look. The Clyde is probably the most distinguishable, since the form stripes go into the midsole at a much more "gentle" angle, whereas the States/Baskets/Suedes form stripe "bends" more into the midsole, i.e.

I'm not a sneakerhead, just a dude who likes sneakers.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help