Remove this ad

dano4o8.niketalk

Registered Member

#41 [url]

May 20 10 6:58 PM

I usually pick up the phone and just ask the what they want. If it's a day they need me to come in and I'm sort of free, I'll just tell them I can work only until X hour and I have to leave. That way, when I need a day off or get off early I just mention to them how i came in on a day off just to helpp out..works all the timee

PSN : dano4o8

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

nick0lis.niketalk

Registered Member

#42 [url]

May 20 10 7:02 PM

outbackbob24 wrote:
Can anyone help me with some good excuses for not being able to work?
Your head was decapitated in a horrible car wreck.
his capa was detated!

"Ya'll illy but I'm illa. I'm from Illinois."
Team MaciNTosh

Quote    Reply   

methedy23

Registered Member

#45 [url]

May 20 10 8:02 PM

- Man, them!

- It's YOUR day off; YOUR time.  You are doing them a favor simply by answering your phone on your time to discuss their nonsense.  I wouldn't pick-up at all and if I did, it would only be to tell them to go kick rock.

- Let it go to voicemail/answering machine. Preview what they want and then execute your decision from a position of power/preparation.knowledge...don't let them spring some bull on you to fulfill their self-serving agenda.  You matter also; you are relevant....don't allow them to bully/pimp you on your time.

- Philadelphia                                                                                   -Where Legends Begin!

Quote    Reply   

eg0t

Registered Member

#46 [url]

May 20 10 8:21 PM

Don't answer, if it's that important, they'll leave a message. Can't stand it when my coworkers call me to ask me work related things on my day-off...SMH

Quote    Reply   

whywesteppin

Registered Member

#47 [url]

May 20 10 8:27 PM

I figure if people really need me they should leave a voice mail or text. If not I don't feel obligated to pick up or call back.

2004 I started Lost and I will end Lost 2010

4L8O15S16T23!42

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

May 20 10 8:48 PM

whywesteppin wrote:
I figure if people really need me they should leave a voice mail or text. If not I don't feel obligated to pick up or call back.
This, I never could understand why people make a fuss about making up a lie or something. Its your scheduled day of you are in titled to it, just pick up and say no its my day of I have plans, you don't have to explain anything if you dont want to, unless your on call. But if you really need an excuse just say I'm babysitting my niece/friends kid works all the time.

*** The Bills Gonna Get Payed, By Standin' On Da Corner
Naahh Im Peyton Manning, I'm Handling The Corner
Everybody play the thug, till you run up on dem for his carats with a shotty like Elma Fudd
Then they play a different tune, dudes soften up and start singin' to the broads like Loon ***

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

May 21 10 2:08 AM

methedy23 wrote:
- Man, them!

- It's YOUR day off; YOUR time.  You are doing them a favor simply by answering your phone on your time to discuss their nonsense.  I wouldn't pick-up at all and if I did, it would only be to tell them to go kick rock.

- Let it go to voicemail/answering machine. Preview what they want and then execute your decision from a position of power/preparation.knowledge...don't let them spring some bull on you to fulfill their self-serving agenda.  You matter also; you are relevant....don't allow them to bully/pimp you on your time.
man at my old job our manager would try and get us to come in on our day off.  if i was free and didn't have nothing else of importance to do, i would come in to make a little extra money because i choose to do it,  however with the good came the bad. my manager then assumed that i would cover any time he asked and that i would drop what i was doing when i had plans to come in and that crap pissed me off.

if i had stuff to do i would either ignore his calls or just tell him straight up i had plans to do.  i thought nothing of it until i found out he was telling our coworkers how he knew i was ignoring his calls because the phone would ring and ring when he called me and that i was avoiding comming in. dude got mad when i was like no #%#%, it's my day off i got stuff to do and it's not right of you to assume i'm going to drop my plans to cover for whatever reason you need me to.

that's the one negative about comming in on your day off,  you do it once, they start to assume you'll do it for them all the time

Do Be Doo wrote:

Hell NO I wouldn't want my TEAM in the finals if they were down 3-2....Why the hell make the trip there only to lose in the biggest stage EVER?
also home court means nothing BOS has won in LA already....

Quote    Reply   

MaZA4eVeR14

Registered Member

#50 [url]

May 21 10 2:15 AM

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:
that's the one negative about comming in on your day off,  you do it once, they start to assume you'll do it for them all the time

QFT

did it once and even when people asked for the day off when i had it off on the schedual, theyd say "oh he'll cover for you" eff that. didnt even show up. didnt get fired either

Willing to Buy!(Must be size 13 DS/VVNDS): OG AJ XII Taxis & White/Red, AF1 Halloween Jewel Lows

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MaZA4eVeR14

Registered Member

#52 [url]

May 21 10 2:25 AM

lol im a courier too. and yes, cheifin on the reg is the best part of the job

Willing to Buy!(Must be size 13 DS/VVNDS): OG AJ XII Taxis & White/Red, AF1 Halloween Jewel Lows

Quote    Reply   

Bleezys and Heem

Registered Member

#54 [url]

May 21 10 2:28 AM

call him back and see what's up. if he wants you to come into work, have a good excuse and say you are busy if you don't feel like working. He can't make you come in on your day off, so you should always answer his calls just in case it's an emergency.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
XVI  XIX  XXIII  XXIV  XXIX
WINNING WITH CLASS

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

May 21 10 2:28 AM

MaZA4eVeR14 wrote:
Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:

QFT

did it once and even when people asked for the day off when i had it off on the schedual, theyd say "oh he'll cover for you" eff that. didnt even show up. didnt get fired either

how they would approach me about covering and how they would be about switching shifts or covering would also factor into if i would do it as well.  i would have coworkers who would want me to switch and i would do it but when i needed the favor back they would give me a dumb excuse so my mindset would be eff them, i don't care if its their moms birthday or they have somethin important to do, no way in hell would i cover for them again.

my last job i was the manager at the store but i never had any problems getting coworkers to come in, cover if i needed them to because i would always come at them correctly and let them know i would try to return the favor schedule wise when i could and just taking the extra time out to do that went a long way for me.

Do Be Doo wrote:

Hell NO I wouldn't want my TEAM in the finals if they were down 3-2....Why the hell make the trip there only to lose in the biggest stage EVER?
also home court means nothing BOS has won in LA already....

Quote    Reply   

PH3N0M3N0N

Registered Member

#57 [url]

May 21 10 2:44 AM

if you don't wanna go in, don't.

I like when they try to pull a guilt card or a sob story on you like it would make a difference.

Working retail I was pulling 30+ hours weekly. One month they started cutbacks and I got reduced to 18-21. That was 100+ out my pocket a week so I'm tight

One of those days my manager called me up at 8 in the morning like:

Manager: Hey you wanna work 10 -7?

me: yes.

Manager: Yeah I was just asking because my dog is in the hospital and is having breathing issu- wait you said yes?

me: yeah dammit

If I hear a sob story from the jump I'm more inclined to say no. If they give me a time and ask if I want it then we good. nah mean?

TEAM METALHEADS Don't take life so seriously. You'll never make it out alive
PSN: cptnemo31 

I have never actually met a fat person who got that way through a healthy diet and exercise.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help