Remove this ad

DublBagn

Registered Member

#21 [url]

Apr 1 10 3:53 PM

justhotkicks wrote:
From what I understand, it's illegal to sell samples. If those sample sale events are run by Nike, then I guess i'm wrong, but my connect back in the day told me she wasn't allowed to sell them (but did to me anyway).

I don't see why it'd be camp-worthy...everything is pretty much a GR anyway. You can, however, find a ton of samples at Nike Outlet stores.
i use to depend on the sales/marketing person.....for a short time Nike made their reps purchase their samples, which in turn meant that the sales person could do what ever they wanted with them after the fact.  But if Nike gives the rep the samples, that person has to give the samples back, which is the case when you find samples at outlets......for the most part now nike does not do any more sample sales....I never got a reason why...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Destination Kicks

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Apr 1 10 9:20 PM

justhotkicks wrote:
From what I understand, it's illegal to sell samples. If those sample sale events are run by Nike, then I guess i'm wrong, but my connect back in the day told me she wasn't allowed to sell them (but did to me anyway).

I don't see why it'd be camp-worthy...everything is pretty much a GR anyway. You can, however, find a ton of samples at Nike Outlet stores.
No they were ran by Nike. They held it at what I believe is the MidAtlantic Sales Office here in Columbia, it's still here just no sample sales. They would just clear out a couple of their rooms and fill them with shoes and clothes and they would put out new product every day and if it didn't sell it would continue to have price drops until the last day.  Everytime I went whenever I bought stuff they always asked me questions about the products to try and get feedback on certain products. 

Rather than selling the samples now they send Nike reps to malls that do large sales numbers and give them a large amount of samples to display on a table and show off to mall go'ers in an attempt to create hype and get feedback on potential releases.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Apr 2 10 2:37 AM

lrredsoxfan06 wrote:
Zach13g wrote:

Do you know how many samples get sent to the stores?

Do certain stores get the shoes while others do not?  I ask this because I'm sure NY or LA would be more prone to receive shipments than MD or anywhere lower key.

When I worked at A Nike Factory store in S&R, we could check out invoices and see what shoes were coming in. We would always know when samples were coming in so those would be the 1st boxes we opened. AS far as I know All factory stores get samples, and the quantities always varied. For instance one time we got 24 samples of the lowtop dunks the red white and blue stars for 19.99 . But usually its random samples thats the stores get. I hope that helps. Also the best way to get at the samples is 2 specifically ask for a footwear or S&R team member. (cuz usually we had a bunch of samples in the back)

Quote    Reply   

ptrakarn23

Registered Member

#27 [url]

Apr 2 10 4:43 PM

the one time i've been to a sample sale, was near campus HQ in beaverton and they just had boxes upon boxes of clothing/kicks in the back.

most if not all were the size 9 samples, and were mad cheap. these were also publicly posted in ad's for newspapers for the public and this involved a gigantic line (think hyped jordan release but just mainly families trying to get for the low low )

the other sample sales i've heard of were only open to current employees, and i hear those rare gems are from there... just my .02

Quote    Reply   

lrredsoxfan06

Registered Member

#31 [url]

Apr 5 10 2:02 PM

PiNoyBOy wrote:
I used to go to those sample sales. You talkin bout the one near the old movie theater and home depot
Yes sir.  I wish they still had them here.  Miss 'em BAD!!

Quote    Reply   

lrredsoxfan06

Registered Member

#32 [url]

Apr 5 10 2:04 PM

Destination Kicks wrote:
justhotkicks wrote:

No they were ran by Nike. They held it at what I believe is the MidAtlantic Sales Office here in Columbia, it's still here just no sample sales. They would just clear out a couple of their rooms and fill them with shoes and clothes and they would put out new product every day and if it didn't sell it would continue to have price drops until the last day.  Everytime I went whenever I bought stuff they always asked me questions about the products to try and get feedback on certain products. 

Rather than selling the samples now they send Nike reps to malls that do large sales numbers and give them a large amount of samples to display on a table and show off to mall go'ers in an attempt to create hype and get feedback on potential releases.

Where and when they send Nike reps Glenn to malls?

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jul 15 12 12:05 PM

Does anyone know what's the BEST area with Nike Factory Outlets with the highest rate of heat? I doubt the two in my area ever have anything. They for sure didn't have Banneds when they dropped.

Quote    Reply   

3dgarfly23.niketalk

Registered Member

#36 [url]

Jul 15 12 12:21 PM

Ha, I use to go with my cousin , remember you had to fill out a forum to get in but I heard some Asian dude would go and buy a lot of these unreleased samples and take them to Asia/China and bootleg them that's why they cancelled it correct me if im wrong. Yo I remember going in with a $100 and coming home with 6 pairs of shoes smiley: eek good times smiley: pimp only pair that i still have left 

Last Edited By: 3dgarfly23 Jul 15 12 12:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

CaptainKicks

Registered Member

#37 [url]

Jul 15 12 5:37 PM

outlaw8413 wrote:
Does anyone know what's the BEST area with Nike Factory Outlets with the highest rate of heat? I doubt the two in my area ever have anything. They for sure didn't have Banneds when they dropped.

Stop gravedigging.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jul 15 12 5:46 PM

lrredsoxfan06 wrote:
I live in Columbia, MD and we used to have a Nike sample sale a certain Thursday in November.  I can't remember if it was the first Thursday in November or what.  We used to skip school, camp hard with people from Florida and Texas, etc.

For those who do not know, Nike sample sale was where Nike showcased upcoming releases of their shoes.  Jordan Brand was included.  They had ONE pair per style, per colorway, per category (Men, Women, Kids, etc.)

Any way, they no longer do this at that location.  I went one day just to see what was up and they said they no longer do it due to fakes.  I'm thinking certain fake production sites would pay people BIG bucks for samples.

My questions:
Do they do this in Oregon at Nike's headquarters?  If so, does any one know when they do it?
Do they restrict it to certain people only?

Any and all help appreciated.  Thank you.
ppl from florida and texas were drivin to MD to camp?

Quote    Reply   

B Sox.niketalk

Registered Member

#40 [url]

Jul 16 12 11:13 AM

Haha I grew up in Columbia, went to Wilde Lake...I remember when this was going on, but I never made it out to see what it was all about.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help