Remove this ad

Oh YoU MaD

Registered Member

Lead

Jan 11 10 11:19 PM

Tags : :

I scheduled my interview for tomorrow at noon. This is my first phone interview and just want to know what questions they might ask. I prefer a face to face interview and I didn't know job interviews could be over the phone.

Thanks.

What questions will they ask?
How long will the interview last?
How many more interviews are there after this?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Toy Collector123

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Jan 11 10 11:54 PM

Read about the company and read their mission statement. Have your resume handy.

Make sure you can relate to the job and their mission statement. Don't have any noise in the background, no interruptions,

Quote    Reply   

Elocin023

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Jan 12 10 12:54 AM

I had a phone interview for a hotel company before. They asked dumb @%! questions about personality traits. (Are you introverted or extroverted?) Experiences/work situations at other jobs.

It was about 15-20 minutes. They probably all vary though.

There will probably be another interview after this one, if you get that far.

ANTI-BANDWAGON

Quote    Reply   

Nasdaq.niketalk

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Jan 12 10 1:01 AM

Just make sure you speak clearly.

They'll ask about previous jobs , why you want to work for them , and some general info about yourself.

It's all to get a feel for the type of person you are.

If they like you , they may ask you to come into their h.r. department for an in person interview

Quote    Reply   

MEXclusive

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Jan 12 10 1:14 AM

what position are you applying for?

When I got interviewed by them,for a Credit CSR, I was completely unprepared but i did manage to bs my way in. Took over an hour and a half with two different people.

They started off easy like why nordstroms, what are you looking for in this job , where do you see your self in 1, 5 years.
Then they got into customer service and told me to explain what it means, and give a personal example. How fast can you react to a problem again give an example.
After that they get into management. What do you think a managers role is, how it affects a team. What role would you play into the team. How well is you verbal/written communication.

Answer all the 'right' ways. Positive team and how a customer is always right and you would go outta your way to give em the Nordstoms service.

Also helps to have shopped there and read their current business model. Honestly read up their entire website their "about" .

Good luck !

Quote    Reply   

bjm5295

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Jan 12 10 1:35 AM

MEX, did they ask anything about preferred salary or anything? If they do I have no idea what to ask for.

I applied for Receiving and Logistics.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
TEAMUSAHOCKEY \ WE'RE NUMBER TWO... AND PROUD!

Quote    Reply   

Oh YoU MaD

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Jan 12 10 1:36 AM

MEXclusive wrote:
what position are you applying for?

When I got interviewed by them,for a Credit CSR, I was completely unprepared but i did manage to bs my way in. Took over an hour and a half with two different people.

They started off easy like why nordstroms, what are you looking for in this job , where do you see your self in 1, 5 years.
Then they got into customer service and told me to explain what it means, and give a personal example. How fast can you react to a problem again give an example.
After that they get into management. What do you think a managers role is, how it affects a team. What role would you play into the team. How well is you verbal/written communication.

Answer all the 'right' ways. Positive team and how a customer is always right and you would go outta your way to give em the Nordstoms service.

Also helps to have shopped there and read their current business model. Honestly read up their entire website their "about" .

Good luck !

Woman's footwear department, did you get called back for a second interview?

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jan 12 10 2:04 AM

I had a in-person interview about 5 years ago with Nordstrom. It was my first formal interview and i was completely unprepared... They asked questions like do you have any leadership skills and ask for examples, work ethic and problem solving... what got me was thinking of examples on the spot.... Fortunately i already had the job (seasonal) been working with them ever since as a cashier/stock (hated being a cashier... felt like a tool) but have a full time job as stock/web order/buy online person.... Plan on applying for cooperate soon...

Gammy's gettin' upset!

Quote    Reply   

ISRAEL5EKLA

Registered Member

#12 [url]

Jan 12 10 2:12 AM

Theyre gonna ask a bunch of dumb, simple questions image

youll get the job, goodluck

KARMALOOP.COM REP CODE: ISRAEL 20% OFF AT CHECKOUT
I WORK FOR SPRINT, AT&T, TMOBILE AND VERIZON 

Quote    Reply   

MEXclusive

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Jan 12 10 2:19 AM

bjm5295:
No question about that since it was posted as hourly and what that figure would be before i applied. They usually have a higher than normal starting wage though. I do know that salary personnel get a very generous wage and alot of perks.

Oh YoU MaD:
Womens shoe = Most desired position in the entire store. If you do get it though you'll have a very nice summer and christmas this year.
I applied online, got a call the next day to turn in my resume at the HQ and the lady offered me an interview on the spot so I said ok.

I believe i heard they do 2 interviews for retail not too sure this was awhile back. Honestly this company is great to work for. They search for the 'perfect' employee, someone that will uphold their brand and have their own personality. They are pro customer and service is everything. They also like diversity.

When i finished my interview, I made small talk with my interviewer (hot milf btw) she said she had over 400 'qualified 'applications for 8 spots, and this was way back in 2003. My 'class'was made up of all girls.

Quote    Reply   

J23S.niketalk

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Jan 12 10 3:57 PM

Oh YoU MaD wrote:
Wow, I just finished the interview, It took 5 mins and I got a face to face interview on thursday. image
good luck image

Panty Bandit Inc. x TEAM UNCIRCUMSIZED
Hide. And. Go. Seek. Is. The. Game.
Snatching. Her. Panties. Is. Our. Aim.

Quote    Reply   

SalviBoy7

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Jan 14 10 3:12 PM

Oh YoU MaD wrote:
Wow, I just finished the interview, It took 5 mins and I got a face to face interview on thursday. image

Got offered one. Got to schedule one since I don't know my availability for next week.

FC BARCELONA

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help