Remove this ad

norm15

Lead

Jan 5 10 10:35 AM

Tags : :

I just bought two pairs of the Steve Nash edition Cradle Rock lows, can someone please give me a quick explanation on what cushlon actually is? Is this setup somewhat comparable to Zoom?? Thanks

Looking for any Air max Lebron 7 size 9.5 or 9 in good condition.pm me

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

cjbruns1974

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Jan 5 10 10:43 AM

cushlon is actually the foam used in the midsole. in it you can have zoom, reg air, or even max air i'm sure. cushlon is basically a lighter more responsive phylon foam. someone correct me if i'm wrong here.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 5 10 11:26 AM

From what I understand Ceej, you're right. Cushlon is a soft but very resilient foam.

CUSHLON foam can be paired with Zoom Air, Max Air, etc.

Take for example the Nike Moto (courtesy of Ernest @ Nike Running):

The Moto features Nike CUSHLON foam, which is paired with a Zoom Air unit through the forefoot (the CUSHLON actually extends over the heel as well, where it sits above the polyurethane "cassette" that houses the visible Max Air unit.

If you're running a lot, CUSHLON- or CUSHLON ST-based running shoes have received plenty of praise (although some people say it's TOO soft).

Hope you enjoy your Cradle Rock Lows, OP.

FOR SALE: LEBRON SOLDIER III "POP" (SIZE 10.5)
LEBRON VI "MVP" (SIZE 10.5) and "MIAMI" (SIZE 13)

CLICK HERE: IGOTTHATFIRE247 EBAY AUCTIONS

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 5 10 2:39 PM

it actually is the most responsive foam used in shoes (excluding all the big names of course, lunar and zoom ect..) used in the moto's and vomero's as well, really good stuff

Arizona Wildcats
St. Louis Cardinals
Phoenix Suns

Quote    Reply   

RockDeep

#4 [url]

Jan 5 10 3:11 PM

Igots... That dude Ernest i.e. The Professor from Kicksology has GAME on the BBall Court. You go out there underestimating him and you get jumpers ALL in your mug!!! lol

Quote    Reply   

swingshot

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Jan 5 10 4:12 PM

Nike rolls out another soft (easily broken down) cushioning system.

Is it summer 2008 again?

They haven't topped Zoom yet. In fact they haven't even matched... Nike are so cheap these days, i'd be surprised if they even trying to.

Last Edited By: swingshot Jan 5 10 4:20 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 5 10 5:28 PM

RockDeep wrote:
Igots... That dude Ernest i.e. The Professor from Kicksology has GAME on the BBall Court. You go out there underestimating him and you get jumpers ALL in your mug!!! lol
Ernest Kim? Humph. Never would've known. Is he in Beaverton?

Crazy EBW wrote:
It's REALLY, REALLY soft. I'm not a big fan but it feels too damn good not to have at least one pair of Vomeros.
This, too. Cushlon isn't for everyone. image

FOR SALE: LEBRON SOLDIER III "POP" (SIZE 10.5)
LEBRON VI "MVP" (SIZE 10.5) and "MIAMI" (SIZE 13)

CLICK HERE: IGOTTHATFIRE247 EBAY AUCTIONS

Quote    Reply   

scarru.niketalk

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Jan 5 10 6:21 PM

swingshot wrote:
Nike rolls out another soft (easily broken down) cushioning system.

Maybe it's because I'm only 180 lbs but my Vomero's with Cushlon haven't broken down and I run a ton of them....

Quote    Reply   

clkru

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Jan 5 10 7:02 PM

The Cushlon in the heel of my KD1's is still going strong, and I've beaten these into the ground for indoor and outdoor ball.

I can't wait for the KD2. which will feature the exact same sole/midsole as the 1's with Cushlon in the heel and Zoom up front.

IMO, Cushlon Foam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LunarCrap. Nike should have put Cushlon in the Hyperdunk instead of the Lunardisaster.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help