Remove this ad

jcuk3tm0

Registered Member

Lead

Dec 18 09 1:02 PM

Tags : :

so usually i just buy the newest nike running shoe but i've heard runners say that nikes running line isn't as good as brands like asics. i really don't worry about the price but i just want a real comfortable shoe that is the best availble product out there. i was looking at the asics kinsei 3 and saw it had some good reviews but im not to sure because ive never used their products. ill usually run between 5-6 miles 3-4 times a week. anyone have any advice?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Crazy EBW.niketalk

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Dec 19 09 12:46 AM

The most important advice anyone can give to someone shopping for running shoes is to get their gait checked out. There's a few things you can do to easily find out what type of shoe you need. There's different shoes for different foot types. The Kinsei is for a higher arched runner who needs a lot of cushioning. An overpronator wouldn't react well to them.

What's your height/weight? That's also good to know. Checkout RunnersWorld.com they have a few good videos to help get you started. Nike does make a few good running shoes but most of the stuff in the mid-range price level isn't as good for the most part compared to other brands.

Don't be limited to Asics. Brooks, Mizuno, Saucony, etc all make good stuff for different runners. A tech running store is a lot of smoke and mirrors, but most of the people can get you started in the right direction.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 21 09 12:56 PM

Check out your local running shop you will be fitted correctly

Team Economics
From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up.
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII Champions
Know of some original Pump Furys? Contact me ASAP!

Quote    Reply   

mt3130

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Dec 21 09 10:38 PM

Crazy EBW wrote:
The most important advice anyone can give to someone shopping for running shoes is to get their gait checked out. There's a few things you can do to easily find out what type of shoe you need. There's different shoes for different foot types. The Kinsei is for a higher arched runner who needs a lot of cushioning. An overpronator wouldn't react well to them.

What's your height/weight? That's also good to know. Checkout RunnersWorld.com they have a few good videos to help get you started. Nike does make a few good running shoes but most of the stuff in the mid-range price level isn't as good for the most part compared to other brands.

Don't be limited to Asics. Brooks, Mizuno, Saucony, etc all make good stuff for different runners. A tech running store is a lot of smoke and mirrors, but most of the people can get you started in the right direction.
this is good information.

i like asics and brooks myself. i overpronate and im 6'3 220, which apparently makes me a large framed runner. ive had very good luck with the asics kayanos and the brooks trances. ive tried the saucony progrid guide and the mizuno wave inspires. the inspire felt like it had absolutely no support, but decent cushion. my issue with them was that they wore out very quickly. i really liked the prodgrid guides, but i had the same issue...they just didnt last very long.

i do realize that the mizuno and saucony shoes i tried are not on the level of the asics and brooks i tried, but i got the mizunos and sauconys for free from reps, so i gave them a shot instead of taking to the store and exchanging for something else.

Last Edited By: mt3130 Dec 21 09 10:42 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Crazy EBW.niketalk

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Dec 27 09 12:20 AM

mt3130 wrote:
Crazy EBW wrote:

this is good information.

i like asics and brooks myself. i overpronate and im 6'3 220, which apparently makes me a large framed runner. ive had very good luck with the asics kayanos and the brooks trances. ive tried the saucony progrid guide and the mizuno wave inspires. the inspire felt like it had absolutely no support, but decent cushion. my issue with them was that they wore out very quickly. i really liked the prodgrid guides, but i had the same issue...they just didnt last very long.

i do realize that the mizuno and saucony shoes i tried are not on the level of the asics and brooks i tried, but i got the mizunos and sauconys for free from reps, so i gave them a shot instead of taking to the store and exchanging for something else.
Funny, most of the people i've heard have said that the inspire felt no cushion but felt support. You ever tried the Nirvana? I hate saucony personally so I don't mess with their stuff. I'm not a big fan of Mizuno either but the Nirvana is significantly better than the inspire IMO.

Quote    Reply   

mt3130

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Dec 27 09 1:33 AM

ive never tried the nirvana...like i said i got to talking to a rep and she had a pair of the inspires in my size, so i took them to try out.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 27 09 10:02 PM

The Asics GEL-Kayano 15 received the International "Shoe of the Year" award from Runner's World.

STUCKEY
KNOWS

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Air JustinXI.niketalk

Registered Member

#11 [url]

Dec 27 09 11:23 PM

Asics Gel Nimbus 11s.

Cant go wrong with Asics or Brooks
but make check on if you overpronate, nuetral, or supinate.

Asic GT2150/40 is probably the best value running shoe you can get if you midly overpronate. Asics tend to give a lot more cushioning, while brooks provide more light weight and low profile runnings shoes like the Trance.

PSN:AirJustinXI Team Pacific Northwest Follow @Jay_Ustin
L .  O  . E - Loyalty Over Everything
SEAHAWKS"12th MAN" - MARINERS "SODO MOJO" - HUSKIES"Raise the Woof"- SONICS(RIP)

Quote    Reply   

Crazy EBW.niketalk

Registered Member

#12 [url]

Dec 29 09 2:54 PM

mt3130 wrote:
ive never tried the nirvana...like i said i got to talking to a rep and she had a pair of the inspires in my size, so i took them to try out.
Well...talk to that rep and tell her to get you some damn Nirvanas. She should hook it up. ESPECIALLY if you say you didn't like the inspire. Reps take care of people. image

Quote    Reply   

fc1114

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Dec 30 09 12:55 AM

How can one brand be better?? Different brands use different types of cushioning systems and everyone has his/her own preference.

Quote    Reply   

bam528

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Dec 30 09 2:08 AM

nike keeps coming out with so much innovative engineered footwear, but asics consistenly bangs out outstanding true-runners.

StreetRatMag.com || Online Informant for Creative Minds

2B-Original || Creative Design & Consultation

Quote    Reply   

Crazy EBW.niketalk

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Jan 1 10 10:32 PM

CPinoy wrote:
I personally prefer asics, they have held up (quality wise) for a year now and I run 10-15 miles a week in the mud, rain, all conditions for cross country.
Time to get some new shoes buddy. You must be a lightweight runner? 180ish?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 2 10 2:27 PM

i prefer asics as well. i worked at technical running store in atlanta, called big peach running company for nearly two years, and learned more than i could ever imagine about shoes and their cushioning systems. the fit process we had was very, very reliable. when each customer came in we would stand them on a heat sensitive pad to first check their arch(if they had one). second, we would have them run for 10 to 15 seconds on a treadmill that had a web-cam behind to one, film their gait cycle, and two, see what pronation tendencies they had. finally, we would review what we recorded on a tv in front of the treadmill with the customer. from there, depending on pronation and gait cycle, we would fit the customer with the appropriate shoes that were within his or her price range. myself, i'm a neutral runner, and have been in kinsei's for more than three years(thanks to my rep who was kind enough to give me three pair during my time there.) i wear nike's for basketball, but most of their running shoes are too narrow for my foot. i've ran in just about all of the major brands, and of all of those i was least impressed with saucony and new balance and most impressed with asics. most mizuno's are built for runners with a higher arch, so they tend to hurt my foot on long runs, but i do enjoy quite a bit of their designs. higher end brooks products performed well for me too. as crazy said, hit up runnersworld.com, and also you can check out http://www.bigpeachrunningco.com/process/ for an explanation on pronation as well.

IX/XIV Countdown Pack DS 300 Shipped. PM me if interested.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 3 10 8:20 PM

I have tried Nike running shoes, but Asics have worked better for me. I typically buy whatever Asics model is available for $70-$90 from !$+@+ Sporting goods because they have coupons in their ad's that can save you like $15. Currently I am running in my second pair of 2140s. I wore out my first pair over the course of summer and fall (I run cross country so they got heavy use) but I liked them so much that I picked up another pair. Overall, I would say that Asics are your best bet for running shoes.

Hope this helped

Quote    Reply   

bruza.niketalk

Registered Member

#20 [url]

Jan 5 10 7:35 PM

Air JustinXI wrote:
Asics Gel Nimbus 11s.

Cant go wrong with Asics or Brooks
but make check on if you overpronate, nuetral, or supinate.

Asic GT2150/40 is probably the best value running shoe you can get if you midly overpronate. Asics tend to give a lot more cushioning, while brooks provide more light weight and low profile runnings shoes like the Trance.
The Nimbus 11 has been a great shoe for me. I'm a neutral runner though. Kind of expensive but definitely worth it. I'm on my second pair already (bought my first pair during the summer).

TEAM DIRTY
Cause we get them Dirty deals
member #3; Gotta love that Peanut Butter Interior

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help