Remove this ad

rsdplaya.niketalk

Registered Member

#21 [url]

Nov 19 09 5:43 PM

Sloane Kettering wrote:
rsdplaya wrote:
hey, how's new york for new years usually?

like, how is the times square area...? too busy and packed?

cuz i think a couple of buddies and i might head out there for nye...plus that'll give me a chance to check out some neighborhoods.

don't waste ya time..its a sea of humanity...and really overhyped...its just way too many people there to !$!+ with it...i did it once before and spent most the time wit my boy ducking cops cause we were hopping guardrails tryin to get closer and a better look...by the time we got down there, we only could enter Bway at 57st...image honestly its better to watch on TV and get pissy then go there...but if you wanna !$!+ wit it, best believe you gotta be posted up days in advance

damn, that doesn't sound worth it at all

what about the rest of new york though? good times to be had?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Nov 19 09 6:56 PM

rsdplaya wrote:
Sloane Kettering wrote:
rsdplaya wrote:

cuz i think a couple of buddies and i might head out there for nye...plus that'll give me a chance to check out some neighborhoods.

don't waste ya time..its a sea of humanity...and really overhyped...its just way too many people there to !$!+ with it...i did it once before and spent most the time wit my boy ducking cops cause we were hopping guardrails tryin to get closer and a better look...by the time we got down there, we only could enter Bway at 57st...image honestly its better to watch on TV and get pissy then go there...but if you wanna !$!+ wit it, best believe you gotta be posted up days in advance

damn, that doesn't sound worth it at all image

what about the rest of new york though? good times to be had?

of course my dude...its NYC...there will be plenty of things and women to get into that night...club/bar hopping is mandatory... but as i get older, i like to spend it with family and loved ones in the crib

SylvesterMcGrizzly Fell.......Sloane Kettering Has Risen

Quote    Reply   

justhotkicks

#24 [url]

Nov 20 09 1:14 AM

Juicy J 32 wrote:
NYCers- What's the easiest route to go from JFK to Midtown East Manhattan?

From what I've read just take the AirTrain to Jamaica Station and then take the E train into Manhattan?

Any help would be appreciated.

You got it.

Times Square is ridiculously packed. You gotta get there in the morning if you want to be in the middle of everything,

As for New Years celebration...there's one going on in every single bar/lounge/club/restaurant.

Quote    Reply   

Juicy J 32

Registered Member

#26 [url]

Nov 23 09 1:51 AM

Ate at Paul's Burger last night. Great suggestion. It was like 9.50 for a bacon cheeseburger with fries and beers were only $3.75. Good service and the food came out quick. It definitely hit the spot.

Another plus to it is that it is right around the corner from McSorelys Old Ale House (you should add it to the list imo). Which is right off 7th ave between 2nd and 3rd street. I've visited Manhattan 3 times now and love going there. It's a NYC classic IMO. You can only order light or dark beer in pairs and it's $4.50. Definitely a cool spot to go and have a couple.

NORTHCAROLINATARHEELS 

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Nov 24 09 6:17 AM

Im going to Nyc Jan6th, already have the plane booked. My family and I are staying in the Bronx and haven't been there since I was younger. Any good spots there? or should I just get up and head to Manhattan or somewhere else? Please help me out, it's been years since Ive been there.

Quote    Reply   

lalo1333

Registered Member

#34 [url]

Dec 16 09 4:56 AM

you should add these

Dinosaur BBQ- west 131st street

mexican
Caliente cab co- 32nd n 3rd, also in the village bleeker n 7th

spanish
cabana 60th n 3rd
sofritos-57th n 1st

sushi
Blue Ribbon Sushi- village/soho- pricey but high quality

pizza
Lombardi's- soho
Johns pizza-bleeker and 7th

TEAM MARVEL-MAVERICK
YankeesKnicksGiants
For 20% off karmaloop orders, use repcode lalo1333

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 17 09 1:00 AM

for those looking for a nice hole in the wall to just chill and enjoy good food wit their peoples, check out Duke's at 99 E. 19th Street New York, NY 10003 ....food is the bizness...southern/diner/BBQ food...probably gonna hit it up Saturday night wit a little group of friends and chill...not a date spot, but a chill spot

SylvesterMcGrizzly Fell.......Sloane Kettering Has Risen

Quote    Reply   

jackiechizzan

Registered Member

#37 [url]

Dec 18 09 2:52 PM

good thread. im heading out there for the first time late january for 4 days.

is the halal cart worth the wait?

and i really want to see ALL of the museums, but i've only got a limited amount of time...which should i go to for sure? the metropolitan and frick looks good. i always wanted to see the architecture of the guggenheim, but that's pretty far from midtown where our hotel is.

PSN ID: asdf916

Quote    Reply   

SNSD.niketalk

#38 [url]

Dec 18 09 7:37 PM

jackiechizzan wrote:

and i really want to see ALL of the museums, but i've only got a limited amount of time...which should i go to for sure? the metropolitan and frick looks
good. i always wanted to see the architecture of the guggenheim, but that's pretty far from midtown where our hotel is.

halal food carts usually dont have long lines. I like the one in soho by prince st and broadway, they give a lot of rice and meat

Santa Claus stops at 3 ho's. Tiger Woods does not.

Quote    Reply   

jrp44

Registered Member

#39 [url]

Dec 18 09 11:47 PM

jackiechizzan wrote:

and i really want to see ALL of the museums, but i've only got a limited amount of time...which should i go to for sure? the metropolitan and frick looks good. i always wanted to see the architecture of the guggenheim, but that's pretty far from midtown where our hotel is.
I would check out the Museum of Natural History

TeamYankees
NEW YORK GIANTS

Quote    Reply   

justhotkicks

#40 [url]

Dec 20 09 4:46 PM

jackiechizzan wrote:

AMNH > Met IMO. I'd hit up AMNH, Gugg, and the Frick.

Also, nothing is really far away. Everything's a 10-12 minute subway ride away.

The Halal Cart on 53rd and 6th has a long line but there's an identical cart across the street. Same owners, same food, same price...but people still insist on going to the one with the long line.

THEGREATEST

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help