Remove this ad

Bleu Bayou

Lead

Jul 5 09 10:33 PM

Tags : :

I've been wondering, what's the difference between the 2? What can you do on Word that you can't do on Works, and vice versa?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

LimitedRetroOG

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Jul 5 09 10:34 PM

Microsoft Works = poor man's version of Word.

TEAM C-A-P-C-O-M x TEAM S-N-K: Gen + Chin
KEKIROU! KAITEN-TEKI KUUTOTSU KEN!

"You did not have the potential to retire me. What a shame..."/"How about that, kid? I still got the stuff!"

Quote    Reply   

LimitedRetroOG

Registered Member

#4 [url]

Jul 5 09 10:39 PM

^Yes, and is a watered down version of Word.

TEAM C-A-P-C-O-M x TEAM S-N-K: Gen + Chin
KEKIROU! KAITEN-TEKI KUUTOTSU KEN!

"You did not have the potential to retire me. What a shame..."/"How about that, kid? I still got the stuff!"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

crcballer55

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Jul 5 09 11:19 PM

If you're thinking of using Works b/c you don't want to pay for Word/ MS Office, just get Open Office from openoffice.org. It's basically identical to all of the MS programs, and it's free. Just a word of caution though... you'll have to change the default file format to save it in an Office compatible format. Otherwise, the whole suite of programs works great!

Edit: if you want something even better, use Google Docs. It's also free and it's automatically saved on Google so you can access it anywhere.

TeamKo.netNostalgia
honoring the site that founded "The Study of Phat Kicks"

Last Edited By: crcballer55 Jul 5 09 11:40 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Bleu Bayou

#6 [url]

Jul 6 09 12:01 AM

crcballer55 wrote:
If you're thinking of using Works b/c you don't want to pay for Word/ MS Office, just get Open Office from openoffice.org. It's basically identical to all of the MS programs, and it's free. Just a word of caution though... you'll have to change the default file format to save it in an Office compatible format. Otherwise, the whole suite of programs works great!

Edit: if you want something even better, use Google Docs. It's also free and it's automatically saved on Google so you can access it anywhere.
Yeah, I want to use it in the meantime. Thanks for the info.

Quote    Reply   

infamousod

Registered Member

#7 [url]

Jul 6 09 12:14 AM

MS Office 2010 drops next summer (look at me talking about it like a rap album) and one possibility is that it will be free to everyone but users will have to pay subscription fees for being able to use advanced features like Sharepoint which are expected to explode. For the casual user like most of you guys it means nothing but it marks a potentially giant shake up in the industry predicated by things like open office and Google Docs specifically.

Cloud computing and subscriptions might be the future.

Team "The Wire" - McNulty
"The **** did I do?"

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help