Remove this ad

aaronj.niketalk

Registered Member

Lead

Feb 22 09 10:16 PM

Tags : :

i wanna know what these terms mean. i've seen them alot in the buy/sell forum and i think they have to do with the condition of the shoe, and i also know the words that make up the acronyms, but what do they all mean?
also if you can put up pic examples that would help, but if thats asking too much, a simple explanation'll be fine. thanks ahead of time NT.

be eazy.
-aaron

p.s.- i wasn't sure what forum to put this in so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place since it's not strictly applying to J's.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

bboi4lif3.niketalk

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Feb 22 09 10:19 PM

DS = Dead Stock ( new/unworn )

VNDS = Very near dead stock ( worn a little bit/ shows very little signs of wear)

NDS = Near dead stock ( shows sign of wear but still has life)

Beater = Done for lol

You cop & stock, I cop & Rock.

Last Edited By: bboi4lif3 Feb 22 09 10:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

dj sven.niketalk

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Feb 22 09 10:23 PM

bboi4lif3 wrote:

VNDS = Very near dead stock ( hardly worn/ shows very little sign of wear)

Beater = Done for lol
Yup

Quote    Reply   

mjmoney23

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Feb 22 09 10:30 PM

I think it should be mentioned that "used" goes somewhere between nds and beater. Look at the buy/sell forum though, many shoes are listed as vnds when they are clearly used.

For Sale - DS  SZ 9.5 AJ XIII RETRO "PLAYOFF"

Quote    Reply   

AgentPD21.niketalk

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Feb 22 09 11:12 PM

bboi4lif3 wrote:

VNDS = Very near dead stock ( worn a little bit/ shows very little signs of wear)

Beater = Done for lol

he said it

TEAM CHICAGO BULLS  
> SIX-TIME WORLD
CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998 <

Quote    Reply   

Jcool813

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Feb 22 09 11:15 PM

bboi4lif3 wrote:

Beater = Done for lol

nuff said

FS NDS MARS IV 110 shipped FS DS XIX East Coast sz 8 90 Shipped. FS VNDS III DTRT sz 9.5 100 shipped White Green Spiz'ikes size 10 325 shipped
Wanted
Flint XIX sz 9-9.5 DS-VNDS
Mars IV 9 any condition
White Green Spizike size 9 any condition

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Feb 22 09 11:26 PM

The J Collector wrote:
bboi4lif3 wrote:

Beater = Done for lol

That sums it up , unfornately most the time,
when ppl are selling there kicks,
they mis-catorgorize -- d.s.,vnds,nds,
that pi$$es me off............

Quote    Reply   

kmk9190.niketalk

#13 [url]

Feb 22 09 11:40 PM

bboi4lif3 wrote:

Beater = Done for lol

Quote    Reply   

lakersmets49ers

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Feb 22 09 11:49 PM

mjmoney23 wrote:
I think it should be mentioned that "used" goes somewhere between nds and beater. Look at the buy/sell forum though, many shoes are listed as vnds when they are clearly used.

image aint that the truth.

go to the buy sell forum and see something like this. vvvnds jordan xii blk red worn 25 -30 times paint is chipping off and bottoms look crap but are still in great wearable condition.

Buy/Sell Refs include; Bibs2310, Milestailsprowe, Adambomb007, xxHu5sl1npnoyxx, MH602, ll K R E A M ll, LPKMK23s4LIFE, sckid20

Quote    Reply   

playaproved

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Feb 23 09 7:48 AM

People sure don't rate shoes like they used to. When I was heavy into the shoe game and on NT back in 2001-2004, the line between DS and VNDS was a very thin one meaning there were many kicks listed as VNDS that could have been boxed up and returned as new. NDS kicks were kicks that were at least a 8/10. Now I look at people's listings and I see shoes that should never even be up for sale listed as NDS, shoes that are clearly lacking in the "newness factor", kicks I would rate as 6/10 with VNDS on them. Don't even get me started on how people rate their shoes on the other forum.

Quote    Reply   

FreshOne12

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Feb 23 09 8:11 AM

BKE420 wrote:
i never buy used shoes. imo

your an idiot, you wouldn't know if they were used or not anyways, even from a store, i remember working at champs.(maybe never worn out the store lol.)

DUCKTALES

Quote    Reply   

rcdp

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Feb 23 09 8:15 AM

playaproved wrote:
People sure don't rate shoes like they used to. When I was heavy into the shoe game and on NT back in 2001-2004, the line between DS and VNDS was a very thin one meaning there were many kicks listed as VNDS that could have been boxed up and returned as new. NDS kicks were kicks that were at least a 8/10. Now I look at people's listings and I see shoes that should never even be up for sale listed as NDS, shoes that are clearly lacking in the "newness factor", kicks I would rate as 6/10 with VNDS on them. Don't even get me started on how people rate their shoes on the other forum.

truth

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help