Remove this ad

avatar

KeonClark7

Registered Member

Posts: 2,763

Lead

Feb 10 09 9:20 PM

Tags : :

image

Protege is “reach out” brand (stands for People Reaching Out To Everyone Gaining Everything) that sells extremely competitvely priced basketball gear and basketball shoes at $34.99 exclusively at Kmart. Look out for running and training coming soon, as well. The brand is supported, past and present, by the NBA’s Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, the WNBA’s Cappie Pondexter, and rapper Fat Joe. Protege’s designer is Dallas Stokes, who has previous experience with And 1, adidas, Converse, Dunk.net, Magic 32, P.Miller, 310 Motoring and Sketchers.


Since their debut, the shoes are considered great value considering the price. The only major criticism has been subpar cushioning compared to the more expensive shoes out there, but Dallas and the guys at Protege are listening and have already taken steps to satisfy consumers. They've already added better sockiners with dual density pods at the forefoot/heel and also plan to incorporate cushioning elements, such as air-bags and other technologies, in future product. They are definately headed in the right direction! For more info, check out the links and pics.


LINKS


image
Official Website: ProtegeMVP.com


image
Protege MVP Channel on YouTube


image
Protege on MySpace


image
Protege Shoes at Kmart.com


Project Bluefoot Protege Info Post

ARTICLES


Dime Magazine's Interview with Al Harrington (March '08)


CNBC Press Release: Protege Footwear & Apparel Brand Debuts (Feb '09)


Samaritan's Feet: Protege and Kmart donate 1 million pairs of shoes (Feb '09)______________________________________________________________________________________________

Protege 1 (2008):
image
image
image
image
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Protege 2:
image
image
image
image
image
image
image

Ron Artest:
image

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Jack 1:
image
image
image
image

Stephen Jackson:
image
image
image

image

______________________________________________________________________________________________

a3h:
image
image
image
image
image
image

Al Harrington:
image
image

Ron Artest:
image

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Aspire:
image
image
image

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Edge Prototypes:
image


     

     

Last Edited By: KeonClark7 Jun 25 10 12:43 AM. Edited 22 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
avatar

macgyver35

Registered Member

Posts: 4,963

#1 [url]

Feb 11 09 3:01 AM

Any word on the all red StackJack's???

thanks

FS/FT ALL DS: KDIII XMAS sz 8.5, 9.5, 12 Cool grey XI sz11 Trainer 2010 SC Pujols PACK sz10.5 Kobe V Big Stage Home and Away sz7 LeBron 8 XMAS sz7 Kobe V WBF Pink mens sz10.5 Kobe V Lower Merion sz9-11 LeBron 8 USA sz10.5 RED HYPERMAX NFW sz11 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

TheFundamental

Registered User

Posts: 270

#2 [url]

Feb 11 09 11:35 AM

i'd be interested in buying a pair, the cause is good and the shoes look nice. even though they're recycling some design forms from other shoes, i think that design for a purpose other than itself is something to appreciate.

even though S jack and AH are hella ugly.


(JP GS and knicks fans, JP)

someone let us know about the sizing, kmarts are becoming so uncommon these days...

Matt: 22:32-40

Love is Fundamental.


Quote    Reply   
avatar

DownyBoy

Registered Member

Posts: 8,667

#3 [url]

Feb 11 09 12:25 PM

i bought a pair of starburys to support. will def. buy a pair of stack jacks.

speak softly and carry a big stick -Roosevelt
variety is the spice of life


Quote    Reply   
avatar

KeonClark7

Registered Member

Posts: 2,763

#5 [url]

Feb 11 09 7:19 PM

From SC.com

Protege Teammates face-off against one another. Al Harrington takes the jumper in the A3H and Stephen Jackson defends the shot in the Jack1. Great kicks guys! We're also ok with the fact that Al no longer wears #3, yet he stubbornly included it in his signature shoe's name.

image

Quote    Reply   
avatar

jepeh21.niketalk

Registered Member

Posts: 4,497

#6 [url]

Feb 11 09 7:32 PM

don't like any of the designs, imo the starbury's were better specially the big ben's, anyway props to them for donating a million pair of protege shoes, it was shown last week on nba tnt

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mjvc

Registered Member

Posts: 2,624

#7 [url]

Feb 12 09 9:49 PM

I was in Kmart about week or so ago and saw these for like 39.99. The ones they had were the A3H White/Blue. Were very interesting. I tried to find some info but really didn't see much. Thanks for the post!!

F/S NDS Kobe V Ace 11, Lebron VIII SLH 11.5, AM 97 Rejuvenation 11.5, DS Foamposite Max Silver 9.5, Jordan 3 Black Cement 8.5

Quote    Reply   
avatar

bolok.niketalk

Registered User

Posts: 46

#10 [url]

Feb 13 09 4:38 PM

how do these players survive playing in such high level with these kind of shoes and starburys?i am just wondering because i tried this on it did not even have good cushioning...
do they have some kind of zoom insoles when they are on court or what?
can someone pls help me out
i just want to what is really goin on under their feet

Last Edited By: bolok Feb 13 09 4:53 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

940sicc3

Registered Member

Posts: 2,993

#11 [url]

Feb 13 09 6:08 PM

macgyver35 wrote:
Any word on the all red StackJack's???

thanks
im waiting on these also.. ima cop the navy orange one too to support jack and them

EquipoTRIcolor
Pine Green Foam Pro VNDS sz 11/ Air Jordan XI/VI DMP VNDS sz11 For sale

Quote    Reply   
avatar

TheFundamental

Registered User

Posts: 270

#12 [url]

Feb 14 09 7:17 AM

bolok wrote:
how do these players survive playing in such high level with these kind of shoes and starburys?i am just wondering because i tried this on it did not even have good cushioning...
do they have some kind of zoom insoles when they are on court or what?
can someone pls help me out
i just want to what is really goin on under their feet

it's a matter of relative comfort: remember the Chuck Taylor, nike blazers, dunks and all those shoes we wear casually now were technical balling shoes worn by the best athletes not even 40 years ago.

cushioning is NOT universal, and essentially not really a "necessity". it's just because we've been blessed/cursed/spoiled with padded and soft cushioning in the last 15 that we demand it now. but if you're used to hard/little cush, it's definitely not a problem to wear these shoes.

Matt: 22:32-40

Love is Fundamental.


Quote    Reply   
avatar

bolok.niketalk

Registered User

Posts: 46

#13 [url]

Feb 14 09 3:08 PM

TheFundamental wrote:
bolok wrote:
how do these players survive playing in such high level with these kind of shoes and starburys?i am just wondering because i tried this on it did not even have good cushioning...
do they have some kind of zoom insoles when they are on court or what?
can someone pls help me out
i just want to what is really goin on under their feet

it's a matter of relative comfort: remember the Chuck Taylor, nike blazers, dunks and all those shoes we wear casually now were technical balling shoes worn by the best athletes not even 40 years ago.

cushioning is NOT universal, and essentially not really a "necessity". it's just because we've been blessed/cursed/spoiled with padded and soft cushioning in the last 15 that we demand it now. but if you're used to hard/little cush, it's definitely not a problem to wear these shoes.

thanks theFundamental for helping me to realize the good old days, i remember players 20-40 years wear 2 or more socks for added cushioning and i played with my sandals on the hard streets which is by the way has dead cushioning.

now, my feet are always demanding for cushioning and i hate it. i don't think i will be able to play without good cushioning system we have today.


Quote    Reply   
avatar

PackersGotMe

Registered Member

Posts: 3,586

#15 [url]

Feb 15 09 4:13 AM

smh at players trying to make "affordable" shoes that are not appealing..

yes you too starbury

Team Teaneck
Breakin' Necks In "The Neck"
TEAM PENNY
Im Like Anfernee I do Things The Hardaway

Quote    Reply   
avatar

DOWNTOWN43

Registered Member

Posts: 12,222

#16 [url]

Feb 15 09 11:14 AM

bolok wrote:
how do these players survive playing in such high level with these kind of shoes and starburys?i am just wondering because i tried this on it did not even have good cushioning...
do they have some kind of zoom insoles when they are on court or what?
can someone pls help me out
i just want to what is really goin on under their feet
the players don't always wear the same shoes that they sell. theirs are all modified and molded to fit their feet, and with extra cushioning.

for example, Sheed wears AF1s when he plays, but they definitely aren't GR AF1s. his have special insoles, and they were made to fit his feet perfectly.

Like a true gentleman, I'm "after your lady"...

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 15 09 9:55 PM

Caught up with my mentor and boss D.Stokes and this is what he told me, "KeonClark from NT is showing love!?! wow!! thats cool, I'm a fan, thank you. Everyone please check out www.protegemvp.com thats our mainstream site! And watch the Allstar game this weekend for the ad! Mac G the red Stackjacks are only for Jax to rock at allstar but may be released limited some day. Fundamental you are the man!! I respect your knowledge and love the fack that you realize the difference between tech and gimicks. However I have heard the concerns about cushioning and for our next round Bolok I have built up the sock linner double. However in the end the best cushion tech is good eva compound and support shanks. Downtown my man your correct but the only thing different about the guys protege shoes is the colors, they are wearing the same shoes as you. Also you guys have to understand that all shoe companies usually give you the same shoes as the players, however the players wear orthotics and get a fresh pair of shoes each game. Companies like adidas, Nike, Jordan, Reebok etc do have great tech that help reduce weight and shock but in the end if your not 7'1" 300lbs there isnt much difference in player shoes outside of casting and orthotics. I should know i have designed for everyone from Stackjack to Shaq. Yo Jepeh and PGM I got some more designs comin and and I'm gonna get you in some Protege one day!!! By the way Jason a.k.a Mr.2009 I copped them joints and they are crazy! And Congrats Nate you killed it!"

Quote    Reply   
avatar

AIR23JORDANXIII

Registered Member

Posts: 766

#19 [url]

Feb 16 09 12:32 AM

goldenstackz wrote:
Caught up with my mentor and boss D.Stokes and this is what he told me, "KeonClark from NT is showing love!?! wow!! thats cool, I'm a fan, thank you. Everyone please check out www.protegemvp.com thats our mainstream site! And watch the Allstar game this weekend for the ad! Mac G the red Stackjacks are only for Jax to rock at allstar but may be released limited some day. Fundamental you are the man!! I respect your knowledge and love the fack that you realize the difference between tech and gimicks. However I have heard the concerns about cushioning and for our next round Bolok I have built up the sock linner double. However in the end the best cushion tech is good eva compound and support shanks. Downtown my man your correct but the only thing different about the guys protege shoes is the colors, they are wearing the same shoes as you. Also you guys have to understand that all shoe companies usually give you the same shoes as the players, however the players wear orthotics and get a fresh pair of shoes each game. Companies like adidas, Nike, Jordan, Reebok etc do have great tech that help reduce weight and shock but in the end if your not 7'1" 300lbs there isnt much difference in player shoes outside of casting and orthotics. I should know i have designed for everyone from Stackjack to Shaq. Yo Jepeh and PGM I got some more designs comin and and I'm gonna get you in some Protege one day!!! By the way Jason a.k.a Mr.2009 I copped them joints and they are crazy! And Congrats Nate you killed it!"


Would it fit your business model to release a model with additional cushioning, if the consumer were willing to pay a little bit more in order to offset the additional expense?

SPORTSBOOK, DICE... Mo Money! Mo Money!! Mo Money!!!

Last Edited By: AIR23JORDANXIII Feb 16 09 2:09 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help