Remove this ad

11wordisbond.niketalk

Registered Member

Lead

Dec 14 08 11:21 PM

Tags : :

What's up NT,
I'm curious to know whether Nike has any plans on retroing the air trainer sc in orange and purple? 99% of the cw that they put out are straight garbage and I can't figure out why these haven't dropped yet. I'm sure both sneakerheads and the general pop would scoop these up in a minute. What's going on?

For sale: ds "animal" AM 95s in 9.5

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

WallyHopp

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Dec 15 08 2:24 AM

retirement worthy shoe imo

Make it bright and RIGHT or not at all:
-retro trainer sc post 2003 is just beyond sad. i dont think that will change so i may just have to buy anyways. lol goes to show nike can do anything they want, they have me by the balls

correct me if im wrong, but i thought this shoe was based on the auburn tigers colors? so purple just doesnt make sense. it is close to being purple i guess. 1 in every 2 people call it orange and purple.

TEAM
A I R T R A I N E R
A I R T R A I N E R
Team Vintage Heat

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 15 08 2:42 AM

There was a retro release of this colorway 10 years ago.

I pray to God they get these right again. Something tells me they'll have faux suede on the upper and the colors will be off like Chlorophyll's were this year. The height of the recent SC's seem to be lower than I remember also. But hey, the 25 & older crowd will eat these up. Count me in!

FOR SALE (CLICK ME):
MERCER BLACK OUT AIR FORCE 1 (sizes 9, 12.5 & 13)

twitter.com/SHERLOCK_FOAMS

Quote    Reply   

11wordisbond.niketalk

Registered Member

#7 [url]

Dec 15 08 3:33 AM

WallyHopp wrote:

-retro trainer sc post 2003 is just beyond sad. i dont think that will change so i may just have to buy anyways. lol goes to show nike can do anything they want, they have me by the balls

correct me if im wrong, but i thought this shoe was based on the auburn tigers colors? so purple just doesnt make sense. it is close to being purple i guess. 1 in every 2 people call it orange and purple.

You know what, I wanted to say that they are blue, but I always viewed them as purple. On Nore's "I Love My Live", he says "used to cop the Jordans and the Filas too, yo I love the Bo Jackson's the orange and blue." Whatever the case is, these joints are mad hot, and they were one of the only fresh pair of kicks I had (along with the black and silver Jordan 5s) growing up.

For sale: ds "animal" AM 95s in 9.5

Quote    Reply   

WallyHopp

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Dec 15 08 3:58 AM

man i wish those were mine. just another one of the many saved photos of shoes im striving for. i have hundreds of trainer photos just piled up in a folder on my pc. i call it the archives.

im dieing for a pair myself. me and about 10 others needing a sz 12. lol

TEAM
A I R T R A I N E R
A I R T R A I N E R
Team Vintage Heat

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

FLINTGREY

Registered Member

#12 [url]

Dec 15 08 1:07 PM

WallyHopp wrote:

A classic indeed.

They butched the retros already....

Honestly, I was a bigger fan of these....

Quote    Reply   

trethousandgt

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Dec 15 08 3:56 PM

The color is NOT purple its royal blue, and here's pics of the pairs i had was going to keep them but the paint on the midsole of these things cracks like crazy (atleast on the 98 retro's) anyhow here's one of the two pairs ive owned over the years

image image

Last Edited By: trethousandgt Dec 15 08 4:04 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

WallyHopp

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Dec 15 08 5:29 PM

Flint, I agree they were butchered a bit but some photos can be deceiving. Side by side they appear almost too similiar to one another, which is very ODD because seperately, one looks super bright and the other dark and dull. Together though..

Those old school OG colors had something in their chemical composition that made them BRIGHT even without a flash. The 99 retro pair can appear dark in different settings.

same shoe as above.

multi billion dollar nike needs to spend alittle more time on creating paints that have that certain luminascity.

any NTer pick these up? Suede Toebox #34 on back orginials.. So damn simple yet a single retro cannot be done correctly. trethousandGt posted the retro with just the swoosh in the back, which i guess is the best they could do.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-....m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A16|39%3A1|240%3A1318
imageimage

TEAM
A I R T R A I N E R
A I R T R A I N E R
Team Vintage Heat

Last Edited By: WallyHopp Dec 15 08 5:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help