Remove this ad

AIR J XIII

Registered Member

#22 [url]

Oct 30 08 9:03 PM

since no one has mentioned it specifically, it was just the blk/red colorway, not the wht/red-blk colorway that he finished his rookie year in and wore his entire second year.

Re: Air Jordan 1's Why Did The League Band Them..

"2002/2003 - The Last Year Brand Jordan actually used "real leather" on their products."-BabyJordan0312

Team Disgruntled

Last Edited By: AIR J XIII Oct 30 08 9:07 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Oct 30 08 10:53 PM

the air jordan I was NOT the shoe banned. It was another shoe. The whole "banned" campaign was used to promote the black red highs.

I woke up and found you creepinn'....oh girl I know your secretttt....u dippin' on me?

Quote    Reply   

Acccord.niketalk

Registered Member

#28 [url]

Oct 31 08 7:22 AM

JFMartiMcDandruff wrote:
the air jordan I was NOT the shoe banned. It was another shoe. The whole "banned" campaign was used to promote the black red highs.

what are those??

Quote    Reply   

nickfairclough

Registered Member

#29 [url]

Oct 31 08 8:41 AM

Released to the public�in 1985, the Air Jordan I revolutionized the basketball shoe as we know it.� The original colors were red and black and had a winged basketball logo on the side�above the ankle�as well as a large�Nike swoosh on the side. The original price for the shoe was only $65.� The shoe��also came�with a set of double�laces to match the two�colors.�Jordan�unveiled them in a game against the Philadelphia 76′ers�on�November 17th, 1984.�Shortly after however, the NBA banned the sneaker stating that it did not follow the on court dress code.� The NBA fined Jordan $5,000 a game for wearing them, but the ban only created more buzz for the shoe.

Since the release of the Air Jordan I, there have been 21 other Jordan shoes released.� The shoe line is arguably the most popular shoe in the world selling out in stores across the country within hours.� Jordans are being sold for up to $1,000 on ebay and�have become collector items,�as the demand for retro Jordans continues to grow.� Everyone has their personal favorite�Jordan sneaker, but the Nike Air Jordan I is the shoe that started it all.

http://alltalksports.word...shoe-that-started-it-all/

http://www.youtube.com/wa...TVcR03UHE&feature=related

Quote    Reply   

eeBS7eez.niketalk

Registered Member

#32 [url]

Oct 31 08 11:37 AM

yeah back in 85 it was a big deal for the shoe to not be all white, especially on the court. if you think of all the force variations they were wearing back then, they were ALL white.

Quote    Reply   

sincere14lyfe

#36 [url]

Oct 31 08 5:58 PM

jordanpheen wrote:
Acccord wrote:
j4rote33 wrote:
Jordan Is were banned because they didnt match the league dress code. They were too vibrant to go with his jersey. The NBA decided to fine him for every time he wore the shoe 5,000 dollars. Nike encouraged him to wear them and payed the fine for michael, as they ended up making more money of advertising the ban. More kids and adults alike wanted them just because of the story.

vibrant?

imagethink he just threw that in their...image

No he didn't just throw that in there. And yes vibrant. The shoe was too bright and it clashed by the NBA's standards. Too much red. Not enough white.

*Coming From A True Collector*

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 31 08 6:00 PM

j4rote33 wrote:
Jordan Is were banned because they didnt match the league dress code. They were too vibrant to go with his jersey. The NBA decided to fine him for every time he wore the shoe 5,000 dollars. Nike encouraged him to wear them and payed the fine for michael, as they ended up making more money of advertising the ban. More kids and adults alike wanted them just because of the story.

Very well explained.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Nov 1 08 4:08 AM

brooklynnyc3000 wrote:
j4rote33 wrote:

Very well explained.
indeed..

MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES

Quote    Reply   

RetroJTino

Registered Member

#40 [url]

Nov 1 08 7:08 AM

MJ also got fined for the XIs he wore in the '95 playoffs. I think it was only for like two games or something like that. I used to think it was because the shoe was looked at as "too innovative", but apparently it was also because of uniform violation.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help