Remove this ad

FallenGodofWar

Registered Member

#341 [url]

Nov 30 10 5:02 AM

Love the show. Don't count anything pass the Buu Saga. I count the movies as alternate timelines that were created when Trunks timetraveled.... (yea I'm crazy)

And for those who ask about Dragon Ball (The og). Dragon Ball is more of an Action Adventure anime where as Z is pure action.
And for those who hate all the fillers of DBZ, Watch Dragon Ball Kai. No 5 episodes to power up bs. Straight to the point

Last Edited By: FallenGodofWar Nov 30 10 5:05 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Ginzo.niketalk

Registered Member

#342 [url]

Nov 30 10 5:38 AM

AirForce1King wrote:
hella handsome wrote:
Even though GT sucked, the ending gets me everytime.
Watching Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr fight is epic, and watching the flashback from DBthroughDBZ and GT gives me chills. Mostly because I grew up watching this as a kid.
I agree. The only thing GT did right was Goku/Vegeta Jr. and Super 17. He was a good villain. Perhaps a lil' too strong for no reason, but he was a decent villain.
I had no idea what you guys were talking about so I did a google search.
When in the hell did this happen?
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/codphone/ohno.gif?t=1291109909

Quote    Reply   

Xavier.niketalk

Registered Member

#343 [url]

Nov 30 10 5:42 AM

Ginzo wrote:
AirForce1King wrote:
hella handsome wrote:
Even though GT sucked, the ending gets me everytime.�
Watching Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr fight is epic, and watching the flashback from DB�through�DBZ and GT gives me chills. Mostly because I grew up watching this as a kid.�
I agree. The only thing GT did right was Goku/Vegeta Jr. and Super 17. He was a good villain. Perhaps a lil' too strong for no reason, but he was a decent villain.

ditto

where they do dat at smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

36hypno

Registered Member

#345 [url]

Nov 30 10 6:32 AM

AirForce1King wrote:
Ginzo wrote:
To those saying Vegeta gave into Babiti for a power boost, you are slightly wrong.
Vegeta gave into Babdi's mind control because he wanted to become evil again.

It felt good to him since Saiyans are naturally cold blooded killers.
If you remember his speech to Goku, where he says something along the lines of "Earth has made me too soft and that's why I can't obtain my rightful place as the strongest saiyan in the universe"
Vegeta is the black(figuratily) man of the show. No matter how many times his honor, pride, self worth is ridiculed, shattered, defeated he gets back up and trains to win.
Goku trains to protect his friends so I can see why he always wins.
Would it even feel right if Vegeta won?
He's be gloating about that victory and then would challenge Goku to a fight to the death.
You can view Vegeta as a walking L, I'll give you that much.
But you can't deny that Vegeta is a much more developed character than Goku.
Goku only had one great speech and that was when he's defining who he was to Friza. He's the protector of all beings yadda yadda yadda.
Vegeta on the other hand in his speeches you can feel his pain and valor of wanting to obtain his birth right that was stripped from him.
But for real though, Vegeta is the only character that had the most BS done to him.
First he's a prince sitting on a throne, then Friza's minion, then Goku's second.
Which other character went through that same tribulation or suffered such pain?
Vegeta had to start a new life on the planet he intended on blowing up because his home planet got blown up, how ironic.

This. I'm trying not to entertain this thread because I see there are a bunch of people who are honestly just talking out their arses. It went from an appreciation of the greatest show ever to Vegeta bashing. However, I will agree with what was posted above and simply add that Vegeta already had the ability to go SSJ2. Unfortunately, our first time viewing it is when he was Majin so people think that's what caused him to go Level 2. Not at all. Gohan did it based off of anger. Goku went Level 2 & 3 by simply training. You don't think Vegeta went Level 2 while he was training for those 7 years between the end of the Cell Games and the beginning of the Buu Saga? Of course he did. When he turned Level 2 against Goku, it wasn't a dramatic thing like it was his first time. He didn't power up for 5min. He and Goku both turned Level 2 in a matter of seconds because they were both used to doing it.

And the "power boost" thing is slightly off people. Babidi didn't necessarily give him a power boost but simply turned him back into the evil being he once was. This alone gave him the "power" he needed. Instead of "half fighting" Goku and holding back and showing mercy, he can goes balls out and fight to the death. A person w/o a conscious is far deadlier than a person with one.

Vegeta was notSSJ2 before he came under Babidi's spell. Before the tournament he waswell aware of the fact that Gohan was still the strongest warrior on earth even though his power had diminished due to lack of training. TheSupreme Kai even mentions this during the tournament when Gohan goes SSJ2 in front of the entire crowd at the tournament.

Vegeta came under Babadi's control to both become evil again and to gain power. During his fight with Goku he tells him this fact because he realized after Goku's fight with Babadi's minion (big green creature that absorbed light) that "You were born with a talent that far exceeded my own. NO amountof training could have closed the gap between us." Theturning evil portionwas a componentin the increase in power. I like Vegeta as a character, but the guy had serious limitations...but that is why he was who he was.

Quote    Reply   

NavyBoy24.niketalk

Registered Member

#348 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:28 AM

Toriyama gave Vegeta such a bad rep in the series in terms of battles but he made it up by giving him honor and pride (a great background of his life and how he came to be) I still wish vegeta was given at least one heroic defeat of a main villain without adding goku or any other Z fighters in it.

Quote    Reply   

#349 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:29 AM

Xavier wrote:
Ginzo wrote:
AirForce1King wrote:
hella handsome wrote:
Even though GT sucked, the ending gets me everytime.�
Watching Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr fight is epic, and watching the flashback from DB�through�DBZ and GT gives me chills. Mostly because I grew up watching this as a kid.�

ditto

where they do dat at smiley: laugh

i think that was one of the final episodes of GT. doesnt really make sense. cause they both look exactly like goku and vegeta and both go ssj, but pan and bra dont and they are 1/4 sayajin. so that makes these kids1/16th yet they can still go blond!

fav. non main character other than broly is metal cooler.. he was so much more awesome than freeza or king cold. even his transformation in the 5th movie was sick. with the face mask. and super android 13 was also cool

Quote    Reply   

#353 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:49 AM

yeah pikehan was a cool character, just too bad his role was very limited. sorry to say this to all vegeta lovers, but pikehan might even be stronger than him. he went head to head with goku in other world tournament. and i think he's cooler than piccolo..

Quote    Reply   

#354 [url]

Nov 30 10 5:04 PM

Fatal Lightning wrote:
yeah pikehan was a cool character, just too bad his role was very limited. sorry to say this to all vegeta lovers, but pikehan might even be stronger than him. he went head to head with goku in other world tournament. and i think he's cooler than piccolo..

Quote    Reply   

HypeBeast McStreetwear

Registered Member

#358 [url]

Nov 30 10 5:36 PM

36hypno wrote:

Vegeta was not�SSJ2 before he came under Babidi's spell. Before the tournament he was�well aware of the fact that Gohan was still the strongest warrior on earth even though his power had diminished due to lack of training. The�Supreme Kai even mentions this during the tournament when Gohan goes SSJ2 in front of the entire crowd at the tournament.

Vegeta came under Babadi's control to both become evil again and to gain power. During his fight with Goku he tells him this fact because he realized after Goku's fight with Babadi's minion (big green creature that absorbed light) that "You were born with a talent that far exceeded my own. NO amount�of training could have closed the gap between us." The�turning evil portion�was a component�in the increase in power. I like Vegeta as a character, but the guy had serious limitations...but that is why he was who he was.�
I don't think that's true.

Because during Gohan's fight with Dabura (Which ultimately led to Vegeta going Majin), Vegeta was on the sideline getting mad because of how %!$%$+ Gohan was fighting. Criticizing that he slacked off those 7 years and barely trained at all and that he and Goku could've easily finished Dabura.

And the I agree Vegeta dealt with limitations which led to his giving in to Babidi. He knew Goku was always stronger than him but he didn't want to care anymore. All being Majin really does is unleash your rage and allows you to kill relentlessly. Hence how Majin Buu was actually a good guy and so was Dabura afterwards.

Plus Vegeta even mentions he and Goku were stronger than Gohan when he fought Cell when they both fought each other.

Quote    Reply   

Murda He.niketalk

Registered Member

#360 [url]

Nov 30 10 6:36 PM

In "Slow Mow", though? I don't see nobody cutting grass lazily..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help