Remove this ad

Christonic.niketalk

Registered Member

#22 [url]

Oct 21 10 1:34 AM

TJ Detweiler wrote:
Like what RFX said. I bought a mini-display port to hdmi. Cost me $5

I heard they don't play audio. Are there vid reviews of products like this?
Mangudai954 wrote:
YouMadYouBad wrote:
DCAllAmerican wrote:
Jokey III wrote:
DCAllAmerican wrote:
Nah it isn't pron man. I don't download that stuff.

streaming ftw

You still buying magazines? or you the dude walking into the adult video store with a hat on sunglasses and a trench coat?  

I'm sayin, who doesn't know about streaming.
Blind pron watchers.

Quote    Reply   

TJ Detweiler.niketalk

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Oct 21 10 1:42 AM

Christonic wrote:
TJ Detweiler wrote:
Like what RFX said. I bought a mini-display port to hdmi. Cost me $5

I heard they don't play audio. Are there vid reviews of products like this?

Yea they don't play audio, so I bought this to attach it next to the hdmi cable. Total I spent was about 12 bucks or so. The quality is very good btw.

monoprice

PSN: O_Diddy10

Quote    Reply   

mexicansolepower

Registered Member

#24 [url]

Oct 21 10 1:45 AM

It can get quite interesting to hook up your Laptop but here's what I used to do back in the days of S-Video (if your laptop is older). Here's what you need:
1- S-Video to RCA converter (radiosh@ck has them).
2- 3.5 mm male to 2-Way RCA converter (see above for buying it)
3- Regular RCA cable (White,Red, Yellow).
4- S-Video cable

And the connections, while obvious are:
Plug the S-video cable to your laptop on one end and the other on the converter.
Plug the RCA cable (yellow) on one end to the converter and the other end to the IN (yellow as well), on your TV.
Plug the 3.5 mm male to your laptop speakers or headphones jack.
Plug the White and red to the 2-Way RCA converter on one end and the other end to the IN (red to red, white to white) on your TV.

On your laptop you need to send the image to the TV like it was a projector. It should have a combination of keys to do this.
On your TV simply change to INPUT VIDEO.

If all goes well you should get the image of your desktop in that MONSTER TV. Cant tell you how good the quality of the video will be due to the size.
THIS IS ALL ASSUMING YOUR LAPTOP HAS S-VIDEO OF COURSE
If there is no S-Video than I dunno...
GOOD LUCK..

After 15 years.. AJVI are MINE, no time for DS only for show and wear!!

Quote    Reply   

Mycoldyourdone

Registered Member

#26 [url]

Oct 21 10 11:59 PM

if you know someone at bestbuy yuo can get all these gagets for cheap...theyre like 96 cents each when they sell em for 15

or go to dealextreme or some site like it

wait till you see my dick tracy comic book collection

Quote    Reply   

larrivee7.niketalk

Registered Member

#28 [url]

Oct 22 10 12:51 AM

S-video and the like are better than nothing, but the quality's not going to be that great (analog). 

If you have a DVI out on your laptop, you can get a DVI to HDMI cable. This is preferred, since DVI is already a digital signal. 

If your TV has a regular VGA port (computer monitor), you can just do a VGA cable from the lappy to the tube.

If your laptop doesn't have DVI (like mine) and your TV doesn't have a VGA port, one alternative a lot of people don't think about is a port replicator/dock. 

You can get them pretty cheap online, and they've got every output imaginable (except usually HDMI). You'll still have to run audio, but it's easier from the dock and you'd have to do that separately on your laptop anyway. Another bonus of this method is that there's no swapping and unplugging cables all the time. You have this near your TV somewhere all hooked up, and just drop your laptop in when you want to use it. Plus it charges your laptop while it's connected. 

Quote    Reply   

DiPlOmAt TDOt

#29 [url]

Oct 22 10 1:06 AM

larrivee7 wrote:
If you have a DVI out on your laptop, you can get a DVI to HDMI cable. This is preferred, since DVI is already a digital signal.

Which is what I tried once but the audio doesn't carry over to my HDTV.

Instagram:
thedynamics | Twitter: @thedynamics

Quote    Reply   

larrivee7.niketalk

Registered Member

#32 [url]

Oct 22 10 1:22 AM

^^ Only HDMI carries digital video and audio together. All other ways of sending video have no audio component. 

Get an RCA splitter that will plug into your laptop's headphone jack (3.5mm jack).

Quote    Reply   

derrty6232

Registered Member

#37 [url]

Nov 24 10 1:04 AM

I'm just assuming your old HP doesn't have a mini display port. Do you have it? Usually macs have it, not many pcs.

=)
PSN - BURRack_Obama ... XBGT - BobFromMarketng ...

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help