Remove this ad

AG 47.niketalk

Registered Member

#6843 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:17 PM

VC3FAN wrote:
Only problem with that comment, they are not married. Kris was with Kim officially from February to May of 2011 before he proposed to be married. Just a stupid statement from Kanye

I think the "shot" is that the 73 days with Kanye overlaps her 72 with Kris.... *shrugs*

Peep Game wrote:
I bet if Humphries just housed Kanye, NT as a collective would jump off various buildings

Yuku could not handle the fallout

"I just gotta get my @#$ in the paint." - Pau Gasol 

Quote    Reply   

MrONegative.niketalk

Registered Member

#6845 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:22 PM

It's amazing seeing the thread +%** on the Knicks for matching when that troll "reported" it and now #*@!#@%* on the Knicks for letting him go.

Carry on.

"You don't have to understand here to be here." -- Charlie Crews

Quote    Reply   

#6847 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:29 PM

MrONegative wrote:
It's amazing seeing the thread +%** on the Knicks for matching when that troll "reported" it and now #*@!#@%* on the Knicks for letting him go.

Carry on.
I expect nothing less from the geniuses here.

The flip flopping within the last few weeks on Lin has been ridiculous, even for NT standards.

KL...Veni, Vidi, Vici...IQ

Quote    Reply   

DMan14

Registered Member

#6848 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:30 PM

apparently dolan in vegas with woodson and they are talking to rockets mgmt. so it is probably a done deal with lin in houston.

watch him change his mind at 11:50pm

TEAMlateNIGHT >WE NEVER SLEEP< Member #24
Team National Truckers "Keep on Truckin' "
TEAM
GSW: WE BELIEVED

Quote    Reply   

franchise3.niketalk

Registered Member

#6849 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:32 PM

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
MrONegative wrote:

Carry on.

The flip flopping within the last few weeks on Lin has been ridiculous, even for NT standards.

Sorta like how Knicks fans wanted him back. Lin signs updated offer sheet and character assassination reports all of a sudden leak out and Knicks fans get swayed and now prefer the Knicks didn't match.

HoustonRockets
The Roc Boys in the building tonight

Quote    Reply   

ColdCity.niketalk

Registered Member

#6850 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:32 PM

ye's reaction to the Hump tweet image

CHICAGO BULLS / PHILADELPHIA EAGLES/ TEAMROSHE(M:2)

> SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998 <
FS:DS RTTG Vegas 1 sz 13 -- DS Olympic VI sz 13 --DS Solar Yeeyzs sz 12 ---  Want To Buy:Teal & Mango Roshe sz 12, KD IV ASG & TEXAS(sz 12-13) AJ KO LUX (Looking for all 3 colors in a size 12),BANNED 1's,Black Flip III's,Metallic V's, Playoff XIII ONLY sz 12

#TeamAntiResell

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

AG 47.niketalk

Registered Member

#6851 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:33 PM

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
MrONegative wrote:

Carry on.

The flip flopping within the last few months on Lin has been incredible, even for NT standards.

I don't understand the NYK criticism. If they match or not, it's a no lose situation. Don't match, cool...one less contract to worry about. Focus on building chemistry with Felton/Kidd running point.

If they did match and worse case scenario, Lin is a bust after year 2, they can waive him and break that $15 mill down over the following 3 years. Or move that $15 milli contract to another team. Expiring contracts are attractive and NOBODY can't be traded. We've seen Luke Walton and Joe Johnson be traded....somebody will trade for Lin.

Best care scenario for NY, Lin reaches his potential as a marketable and more importantly, productive starting point guard. The knicks are already in cap hell for the next 3 years and if Dolan wants to spend that money, who cares?

I don't see how they go wrong.

"I just gotta get my @#$ in the paint." - Pau Gasol 

Quote    Reply   

bhzmafia14

Registered Member

#6852 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:38 PM

friscostylez wrote:
bhzmafia14 wrote:
So, its Dirk and a lot of misfits that nobody else wanted?
Just like two years ago.......

Why do people continue to say this?

Kidd, Terry, Barea, Dirk, Butler, Marion, Haywood, Stevenson, etc, etc. were all there the previous season or more before winning a championship. No, it wasn't like two years ago. It was like last year, but a younger version. Cuban lost key parts to the team after winning the championship and threw the rest of the roster together with misfits. He's doing the same thing this season. 

FEAR.THE.BEAR 

Quote    Reply   

ill steelo.niketalk

Registered Member

#6853 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:40 PM

Shocked to say the least. $40+ mil lux tax penalties are nothing new to Dolan.

He was going to be in luxury tax anyway with without Lin's $15 mil 3 years from now, so I thought he would've decided to go all out for the city's first title since '73

Oh well.

Quote    Reply   

ScottHallWithAPick

Registered Member

#6854 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:41 PM

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
MrONegative wrote:

Carry on.

No one cares if you sign him or not. It's just ALL OF A SUDDEN he's a bad guy, he could have played in the playoffs, we made him, who cares about marketability?, other players worried how much he's making, He's trash. You guys just sound bitter and it's funny to NT smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

VC3FAN

Registered Member

#6855 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:44 PM

I love how Frank Isola cries about the Knicks organization and how they treat him but when another reporter for another paper gets the report out first, whines that credit should be given to who released the info. Can't have it both ways Frank

Quote    Reply   

RetroBaller

Registered Member

#6857 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:56 PM

welp, Welcome to Houston Lin. Dont suck.

TEAM CHEESEHEADS ..... HoustonRockets
Greg Jennings>You favorite receiver ............................... The Roc Boys in the building tonight

Quote    Reply   

#6858 [url]

Jul 17 12 4:57 PM

franchise3 wrote:
iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
MrONegative wrote:

Carry on.

Sorta like how Knicks fans wanted him back. Lin signs updated offer sheet and character assassination reports all of a sudden leak out and Knicks fans get swayed and now prefer the Knicks didn't match.
ScottHallWithAPick wrote:
No one cares if you sign him or not. It's just ALL OF A SUDDEN he's a bad guy, he could have played in the playoffs, we made him, who cares about marketability?, other players worried how much he's making, He's trash. You guys just sound bitter and it's funny to NT smiley: laugh
Trust...when I'm referring to all the smart guys on here, it also includes a bunch on our side as well. It's disappointing seeing numerous people fall for the propaganda being pushed forward from our dysfunctional %@* organization.

Dub said it best. This type of nonsense doesn't occur w/ Lakers or Spurs for a reason. It all starts at the top...our owner is a moron and gets involved with everything. Well, Mark Cuban does too but at least he knows what he's doing most of the time.

Cuban also isn't enforcing a 'don't talk to the media' policy while having leaked reports coming out every other day that undermine the team. smiley: tired

My stance on Lin's been the same since the beginning. I don't blame him one bit for getting his money...I feel like both sides could've handled things better (ESPECIALLY the Knicks' brass) if they wanted to continue their relationship but things are what they are now and nothing will change. Knicks better hope Felton isn't stuck to the Halal stand on 53rd Street and Kidd isn't running into any more telephone polls during the season...

KL...Veni, Vidi, Vici...IQ

Last Edited By: iLLoQuent aka DSK Jul 17 12 5:04 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Boys Noize.niketalk

Registered Member

#6860 [url]

Jul 17 12 5:18 PM

Monday’s MSG market-cap drop would have paid for Lin contract

July 16, 2012, 2:28 PM

Much has been made already about the New York Knicks decision — reportedly at this point — not to sign Jeremy Lin. But another way to look at the move is that the Knicks’ owner, Madison Square Garden Inc. MSG +0.08%, has already lost more money in market capitalization than the cost of Lin’s contract.

The 64-cent drop in MSG stock equates to a market capitalization loss of about $49 million.

Estimating the cost to MSG of matching the Jeremy Lin contract offer from the Houston Rockets is a bit trickier. The roughly $25 million over three years that the Knicks would owe the Harvard graduate is almost irrelevant, because the Knicks will be paying the NBA’s full salary cap, and then some, with or without Lin. The only real direct cost comes from the luxury-cap implications.

This piece by Business Insider does a pretty good job of laying out different scenarios for 2014, when the Lin contract could be considered, to use Carmelo Anthony’s terminology, “ridiculous.” The one this author feels would have been most likely is not actually presented — getting rid of Marcus Camby and Raymond Felton, and keeping Iman Shumpert — but the approximate difference in luxury tax between keeping Lin or not is somewhere in the order of $35 million to $40 million.

And that’s assuming no business impact at all from the revenue side. (Even if a Lin-inspired boycott by Knicks fans is short-lived, it does seem there will be at least some  negative revenue element from not bringing back the popular player.) And when  you factor in the time value of money — e.g., money now is worth more than money later — the Lin non-signing is even more a negative for MSG stockholders.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2012/07/16/mondays-msg-market-cap-drop-would-have-paid-for-lin-contract/

smiley: laugh this entire situation

MANCHESTER UNITED FC

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help