Remove this ad

**USA Basketball** vol. Summer in London; [email protected]:30 EST, vs. GB (ESPN)

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Do Be Doo

Registered Member

#1141 [url]

Jul 16 12 11:28 PM

sole vintage wrote:
gud jab
Roll

No Pressure. No Diamonds.
It wasn't even about basketball anymore, it was about proving them wrong.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

cRazy dav0

Registered Member

#1142 [url]

Jul 16 12 11:34 PM

Brandon3000 wrote:
cRazy dav0 wrote:

mj is laughing

team can ball but the weakness down low ...

smiley: laugh

... word on that spain matchup ... this is def. lebron's show though ... we'll c what happens

PS3: Samus_aran23 XBOX 360: Mongooseny23
PITT PANTHERS #18 DUKE BLUE DEVILS FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES UCONN Lady Huskies
Tweet Fid-id-did-i-dammmm

Quote    Reply   

Scientific Method

Registered Member

#1144 [url]

Jul 17 12 12:04 AM

Don't get ahead of our selves thinking just because dudes play well in International leagues and FIBA play, they can play in the NBA. Remember some of these dudes (there's more but !$+@ trying to spell their names)

Quote    Reply   

Xtapolapacetl

Registered Member

#1146 [url]

Jul 17 12 2:02 AM

Bron with the bailout.

Team would get raped by the 1992 and 1996 teams and would also get beat by the 2008 team.

This team just doesn't have greatness even somewhat equally distributed throughout all positions. The two best players on the team (by far) are small forwards. I don't remember this being the case with ANY of the other Olympic teams, where one position is so much stronger than the rest.

Quote    Reply   

vanexellent

Registered Member

#1148 [url]

Jul 17 12 3:55 AM

I just finished watching the game on DVR. Its looks to me that they have a problem with that Molten Game Ball. Is it rubber or some sort of composite like they tried to use in the NBA a few seasons back? Alot of mishandled catches and finishes.
As for Team USA...Im not panicking. I dont think they will blow out every team by 30 but I do think their defense will be what gets them the gold. Their offense should get better with more practice/games and when all else fails just give it to Lebron to take over. Or if Durant gets in a groove like Summer 2010 then theyll be fine.

UNFORGIVABLE WACKNESS

TeamLakers
22 44 13 33 32 42 25

Quote    Reply   

ill steelo.niketalk

Registered Member

#1150 [url]

Jul 17 12 6:10 AM

Scientific Method wrote:
Don't get ahead of our selves thinking just because dudes play well in International leagues and FIBA play, they can play in the NBA. Remember some of these dudes (there's more but !$+@ trying to spell their names)

Well, Sarunas was an ok backup PG his first year, he just kinda fell off quickly smiley: laugh

My man Toine struggled mightily though smiley: laugh.

But I'm tellin you Datz, put Marcelo in the desert with Gentry & he would be a problem.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Seymore CAKE

Registered Member

#1151 [url]

Jul 17 12 11:10 AM

Dathbgboy wrote:
Love and Harden are just takin up space on the roster. I really don't see the positives they add for us. Hell Melo as well. Was Bynum that bad or hurt to not get a look for this roster? What about KG, sheesh, somebody that'll bang down there

I'm not sure if you're serious... Melo is a savage, he's historically been their best player internationally.

You Are Now Riding With The Southside Good Guys!!!

Quote    Reply   

MrONegative.niketalk

Registered Member

#1154 [url]

Jul 17 12 1:13 PM

Seymore CAKE wrote:
Dathbgboy wrote:
Love and Harden are just takin up space on the roster. I really don't see the positives they add for us. Hell Melo as well. Was Bynum that bad or hurt to not get a look for this roster? What about KG, sheesh, somebody that'll bang down there

I'm not sure if you're serious... Melo is a savage, he's historically been their best player internationally.

You...used his name... smiley: nerd

"You don't have to understand here to be here." -- Charlie Crews

Quote    Reply   

#1155 [url]

Jul 17 12 1:16 PM

USA can thank their lucky stars that Rubio ran into Kobe and tore his knee up

I'd hate to imagine what that Spain team [who is a bit more talented and much deeper than Brazil] would do with a younger version of Huertas out there running a muck smiley: ohwell

Quote    Reply   

dmbrhs

Registered Member

#1156 [url]

Jul 17 12 1:21 PM

vanexellent wrote:
I just finished watching the game on DVR. Its looks to me that they have a problem with that Molten Game Ball. Is it rubber or some sort of composite like they tried to use in the NBA a few seasons back? Alot of mishandled catches and finishes.
As for Team USA...Im not panicking. I dont think they will blow out every team by 30 but I do think their defense will be what gets them the gold. Their offense should get better with more practice/games and when all else fails just give it to Lebron to take over. Or if Durant gets in a groove like Summer 2010 then theyll be fine.
Yeah, the game ball has always been an issue (and nobody really brings that up). I was only able to watch the second half live, but I watched the replay on NBATV. It actually wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Brazil played about as perfect a quarter (the first) as anyone can against Team USA. They got some lucky bounces, some really long offensive rebounds, and hit a couple threes. The defense was actually playing fine, they just couldn't hit anything outside on offense. And Team USA is probably going to get out-rebounded. They got out-rebounded in the gold medal game in 2008, and things turned out okay.

Quote    Reply   

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#1157 [url]

Jul 17 12 1:37 PM

ex carrabba fan wrote:

I'd hate to imagine what that Spain team [who is a bit more talented and much deeper than Brazil] would do with a younger version of Huertas out there running a muck smiley: ohwell
This!!!

Team USA should be thankful for their 100% healthy squad.

Hey, remember that time the Kings were going to stay in Sacramento?
Long Live Sacramento
Team Fitness...TEAM Nine1Six>>>S. Placer to be exact<<< team BRIAN CARDINAL/Chase-Budinger

Quote    Reply   

DaComeUP

Registered Member

#1159 [url]

Jul 17 12 3:03 PM

rck2sactown wrote:
ex carrabba fan wrote:

This!!!

Team USA should be thankful for their 100% healthy squad.

Well, the squad clearly isn't 100% healthy as guys like Wade & Dwight were forced to miss the Olympics.

UC BEARCATS 

Quote    Reply   

rck2sactown

Registered Member

#1160 [url]

Jul 17 12 3:06 PM

Aldridge, Rose, Bosh....

Hey, remember that time the Kings were going to stay in Sacramento?
Long Live Sacramento
Team Fitness...TEAM Nine1Six>>>S. Placer to be exact<<< team BRIAN CARDINAL/Chase-Budinger

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help