Remove this ad

gambit215

Registered Member

#41 [url]

Jul 15 12 1:32 PM

The 7th Mile wrote:
Tha Flashy One wrote:
i just don't get how Drake won, Rihanna is a known Industry %%%$* who rides whatever wave that's hot. she's an attention seeker.

What do you know about her to call her a $$@+*?
Please dont make yourself an internet sucka for Rihanna, its no secret she has a friendly box.........

"I'm a thief, chere, jus' doin' what comes natural!"

Twitter (Gambit_215)
PSN
Nike+

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Peep Game.niketalk

Registered Member

#42 [url]

Jul 15 12 1:42 PM

So judging by the comments, 'Fortune' = 'Roman Reloaded'....sounds about right

Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Spurs Supersonics
@MegaWuBanga
   RIDING WITH LEINART

Quote    Reply   

rocyaice

Registered Member

#43 [url]

Jul 15 12 1:44 PM

letsgetit22 wrote:
Concert money>>> record sales.smiley: grin Dude still sells out wherever he performs. 

Concert money is dictated by album sales though. You think you gonna get 50k a show if you go out there and sell 20k your first week? And Frank Ocean been selling out shows for 2 years now. These cats not performing at stadiums. 

Quote    Reply   

vandal044

#44 [url]

Jul 15 12 1:51 PM

this has nothing to do with drake and everything to do with chris brown being terrrrrrrible. frank ocean did these numbers with no songs on the radio and a itunes only release smiley: eeksmiley: eeksmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

Quote    Reply   

StillIn729.niketalk

Registered Member

#45 [url]

Jul 15 12 1:51 PM

Ballerific703 wrote:
rocyaice wrote:
StillIn729 wrote:
not even close IMO

I like Chris Brown but Fortune is terrible; the only song I even like is Sweet Love

F.A.M.E was much much better and Take Care>>>>>>>>>Fortune

Fortune reminds me of a crappy mixtape with no direction 

Very true. It has no direction. Almost like a soundtrack except most soundtracks have better direction. He doesn't know if he's techno, pop or r&B or hip hop. Songs are intolerable. There's not even a comparison in Take Care and Fortune. Fortune is some trash you come up with when your label let's you have your way and "yes man" you to death. RCA just sitting by watching Chris career decline.. 

So "Fortune" had no direction but "Take Care" did? That album is ALL OVER the place. One second he's having a duet with Rihanna half way crying and then he's having a duet with Lil Wayne. Then he's rapping about Houston and how much money he has, then he's calling his ex on some female #%%+ disrespecting her new man. I don't understand how CBs album has no direction but Take Care was cohesive. Drake himself even said he hates the track order of that album and wishes he could make changes. Take Care has some of the best production you will hear and that's it. 
but at the end of the day "Take Care" is critically acclaimed not to mention it sold a hell of a lot of albums

just because this little group called NT used to slurp Drake and all the sudden turned on him doesn't dictate how the actual public perceives him and this is why I think Chris Brown doing that dumb diss and again putting himself in bad light has people ready to give up on him again

Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks
Areyouin729
2003-2009

Quote    Reply   

rocyaice

Registered Member

#48 [url]

Jul 15 12 4:13 PM

ninjahood wrote:
all chris brown has to do is make a video for w/e pop song is on that album and it well sell more...simple.

He dropped 4 singles already and it got him 100k. And those were the most commercial singles not the album so how "simple" is it?

Quote    Reply   

MoonMan818.niketalk

Registered Member

#49 [url]

Jul 15 12 4:50 PM

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:
That's what they get for not making real R&B. The older black market is heavy on buying CDs

For not making real R&B? smiley: laugh

Did you actually listen to the album? Or basing this assumption off of 2 singles released?

Quote    Reply   

madj55.niketalk

Registered Member

#50 [url]

Jul 15 12 5:19 PM

vandal044 wrote:
this has nothing to do with drake and everything to do with chris brown being terrrrrrrible. frank ocean did these numbers with no songs on the radio and a itunes only release smiley: eeksmiley: eeksmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll
We all know why Frank Ocean is doing these type of numbers, and it's not because of the music even though it's good. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

DipsetGeneral

Registered Member

#51 [url]

Jul 15 12 5:33 PM

ninjahood wrote:
all chris brown has to do is make a video for w/e pop song is on that album and it well sell more...simple.

This 

+

Why do rappers & R&B singers drop 1 single/video a month before their album release date? Drop 2-3 singles/videos 2 or 3 months prior to the album release to build anticipation and show different tracks to the audience.

Now, two things... Chris Brown still came in #1 on the the SoundScan when "Fortune" dropped, but this shows Chris Brown SEEMS like a really big star, which he really isn't. Only Hispanic/Black women are into his music, not white women.
This is why he drops the techno/house tracks because his label probably told him that, if he drops that crap then, he can crossover and get radioplay on every radio station. Therefore, more and more people will get to know his music.

"Fortune" was pretty decent. I enjoyed it, he has a great stretch of songs which were straight bedroom bangers.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 15 12 5:36 PM

rocyaice wrote:
letsgetit22 wrote:
Concert money>>> record sales.smiley: grin Dude still sells out wherever he performs. 

Concert money is dictated by album sales though. You think you gonna get 50k a show if you go out there and sell 20k your first week? And Frank Ocean been selling out shows for 2 years now. These cats not performing at stadiums. 
Chris Brown can demand what price he wants for a concert. It will sell out. He's still Chris Brown.

Hennessy Pure White For Sale 

Quote    Reply   

madj55.niketalk

Registered Member

#53 [url]

Jul 15 12 5:47 PM

DipsetGeneral wrote:
ninjahood wrote:

This 

+

Why do rappers & R&B singers drop 1 single/video a month before their album release date? Drop 2-3 singles/videos 2 or 3 months prior to the album release to build anticipation and show different tracks to the audience.

Now, two things... Chris Brown still came in #1 on the the SoundScan when "Fortune" dropped, but this shows Chris Brown SEEMS like a really big star, which he really isn't. Only Hispanic/Black women are into his music, not white women.
This is why he drops the techno/house tracks because his label probably told him that, if he drops that crap then, he can crossover and get radioplay on every radio station. Therefore, more and more people will get to know his music.

"Fortune" was pretty decent. I enjoyed it, he has a great stretch of songs which were straight bedroom bangers.
I go to school in Hamden, CT and live in Northern Virginia which are both predominantly white populated areas and all of the girls I know love Breezy, despite his past actions. He's the go to black guy for all white girls imo even after what he did. 

Quote    Reply   

Bigmike23

Registered Member

#54 [url]

Jul 15 12 7:16 PM

madj55 wrote:
vandal044 wrote:
We all know why Frank Ocean is doing these type of numbers, and it's not because of the music even though it's good. 

QFT

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Let’s go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!

TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote    Reply   

StillIn729.niketalk

Registered Member

#55 [url]

Jul 15 12 7:20 PM

Cronicmolemolereturns wrote:
rocyaice wrote:
letsgetit22 wrote:

Chris Brown can demand what price he wants for a concert. It will sell out. He's still Chris Brown.

smiley: laugh I'm not even going to bother 

Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks
Areyouin729
2003-2009

Quote    Reply   

All Ready

Registered Member

#56 [url]

Jul 15 12 7:36 PM

im a grown !*% man, there's no reason for me to listen to his young minded music

just doesn't connect with me

If money didn't change you, YOU'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH!!!

Quote    Reply   

mytmouse76

Registered Member

#57 [url]

Jul 15 12 8:20 PM

gambit215 wrote:
The 7th Mile wrote:
Tha Flashy One wrote:
i just don't get how Drake won, Rihanna is a known Industry %%%$* who rides whatever wave that's hot. she's an attention seeker.

What do you know about her to call her a $$@+*?
Please dont make yourself an internet sucka for Rihanna, its no secret she has a friendly box.........

Is it really? smiley: laugh Just cuz two $@!!! made men were fighting over her doesn't make her an industry jump...

we KNOW she had sex w/Breezy and Matt Kemp...probably had sex w/Drake

yeah she acts a fool online but that doesnt really mean anything

I don't get how 4-the end of Fortune aren't R&B

S.H.H.O.
Student Hip-Hop Organization

Do me a favor...accidentally step on your white sunglasses...this is Hip-hop we don't wear those over here...

Quote    Reply   

DipsetGeneral

Registered Member

#59 [url]

Jul 16 12 1:14 AM

madj55 wrote:
DipsetGeneral wrote:
ninjahood wrote:

This 

+

I go to school in Hamden, CT and live in Northern Virginia which are both predominantly white populated areas and all of the girls I know love Breezy, despite his past actions. He's the go to black guy for all white girls imo even after what he did. 

Oh alright, why you think he sold so low then?

Quote    Reply   

FinesseSosa

Registered Member

#60 [url]

Jul 16 12 2:00 AM

come to think of it. Itll probably pick up in sales. Son put out a bunch of material (rapping & singing) and kept his buzz consistent though and that nonsense with Drake only added to it.

People just ain't buying records anymore.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help