Remove this ad

devildog1776.niketalk

Registered Member

#21 [url]

Jul 22 11 11:44 PM

not too many people really understand the magnitude of this event...

The US CANNOT default right now... ww 3, 4 and 5 would start ASAP..

the worlds reserve currency cannot be deemed WORTHLESS just yet..

the world is a stage and many people arent even tuned in.

its all a show, they'll kick the can down the road further which means the DEFAULT WILL BE WORST WITH EACH INCREASE... lololololol...

get your GOD GOLD and GUNS

premium3G coming 2012

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Doctor Demise

Registered Member

#23 [url]

Jul 22 11 11:57 PM

AR Guy wrote:
Doctor Demise wrote:
The United States is going downhill and anyone who is breathing at this very moment is witnessing an empire's ultimate demise. 

Protip: You better start learning Mandarin, people... because the Chinese own us.

This actually a pretty false statement. Think about it like this; when you owe the bank $100,000 the bank owns you, but when you owe the bank $100,000,000 you own the bank.
I have a nasty habit of going beyond my limits of this message board so I'll give you this piece of advice plain and simple: Take a few economics courses and reread your post in 3 semesters. 

Additionally, put down that French, German or Spanish textbook and grab one of these: 

You are going to need it if you want to compete in the global economy in the next decade or two.  

Last Edited By: Doctor Demise Jul 23 11 12:00 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

AR Guy

Registered Member

#24 [url]

Jul 23 11 12:08 AM

jonas c8891 wrote:
AR Guy wrote:
Doctor Demise wrote:
The United States is going downhill and anyone who is breathing at this very moment is witnessing an empire's ultimate demise. 

Protip: You better start learning Mandarin, people... because the Chinese own us.

This actually a pretty false statement. Think about it like this; when you owe the bank $100,000 the bank owns you, but when you owe the bank $100,000,000 you own the bank.
^ Sorta...

But the Chinese can have claims on their assets and they can demand them to have more things.  The US needs the Chinese just as much as the Chinese needs them.  They have money lent out to the US and the US have huge business interest in China. 

This is more what I was getting at. People act as if the Chinese are doing us a favor when in fact the relationship is a lot more mutual than not.

Quote    Reply   

nflowshoe

Registered Member

#25 [url]

Jul 23 11 12:29 AM

I wonder how far these guys in the white house will go to prove a pointsmiley: grin
they already froze military pay for a week, so now they got to go a little farther this time............
being in the military I try to ignore some of the politics going on cause we have to serve congress no matter what.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jul 23 11 12:36 AM

America will be fine. There are a bunch of Chicken Littles running around. Dudes take a few college economics courses and now they are Nostradamus. smiley: laugh Ok so maybe we will have to share more of the world's natural resources, but we aint going nowhere any time soon.

Quote    Reply   

tkthafm.niketalk

Registered Member

#27 [url]

Jul 23 11 12:39 AM

"We aren't going to have another financial crash. In fact, nothing at all is going to happen. Forecasting the United States economy is about as exciting as predicting next quarter's gross domestic product in 1957 Poland. You want to know what's going to happen, comrade? Read the Five Year Plan. With 40% of US personal income coming from transfer payments, it's almost nostalgic to call it capitalism.

The so-called American economic recovery won't die, because it's undead. It was a zombie to begin with. Equity investors during the past six weeks came to the collective conclusion that the US is not in the early phase of an economic recovery, but in the endless middle of a structural slump, in the term of Nobel Prize winner Edmund Phelps.

President Barack Obama's response to the 2008 economic crisis that swept him into power has changed the character of the

American economy. Call it Zombinomics."

Read this: http://www.atimes.com/ati...al_Economy/MF14Dj05.html

/thread

Quote    Reply   

jm2000

Registered Member

#30 [url]

Jul 23 11 11:30 AM

shoediniDC wrote:
Its theater to disguise what's really going on. Anyone who's read the art of war can see the similarities

Whats really going on?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Essential1.niketalk

Registered Member

#33 [url]

Jul 23 11 12:25 PM

Obama should have never played into this political posturing to begin with... They had no intention to do a deal... They still have no intention to.. They just keep moving the Goal post.. So everytime he gives up something (federal spending cuts), he must give them more (Social Security, Medicare cuts).. But the catch is Republicans will give him nothing he wants...

Same MO as always hold the debate hostage because they are children and don't compromise on anything..

Quote    Reply   

CallHimAR

Registered Member

#35 [url]

Jul 23 11 12:33 PM

Republicans have everything to gain. It is a complete win win for them. 

If they let the country default on the debt, come election time they can say "The United States defaulted on its debt for the first time in American history under the control of the radical, irresponsible Democrat party, Vote Bachmann!"

Or if they do get the spending cuts they are calling for, come election time they can say "Obama and the Democrats enacted the largest cuts of social programs in American history, they hate old people and poor people! Vote Bachmann!" 

Of course the expected reaction from the Left is to simply roll over and let this happen like they always do, and this is a common theme for the Democrats, but I hope that if it was taken this far they would feel the need to do something about it. 

Quote    Reply   

he told on me

Registered Member

#36 [url]

Jul 23 11 12:44 PM

Jesus Christopher, we will not default on our debt. We are not a bunch of thugs who does not satisfy loans. I trust our American government will come to a conclusion and reach common ground. (trollolololol sarcasm)

Quote    Reply   

AR Guy

Registered Member

#39 [url]

Jul 23 11 1:25 PM

nflowshoe wrote:
being in the military I try to ignore some of the politics going on cause we have to serve congress support and defend the Constitution of the United States no matter what.

smiley: smilesmiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

marath0n.niketalk

Registered Member

#40 [url]

Jul 23 11 1:33 PM

tkthafm wrote:
"We aren't going to have another financial crash. In fact, nothing at all is going to happen. Forecasting the United States economy is about as exciting as predicting next quarter's gross domestic product in 1957 Poland. You want to know what's going to happen, comrade? Read the Five Year Plan. With 40% of US personal income coming from transfer payments, it's almost nostalgic to call it capitalism.

The so-called American economic recovery won't die, because it's undead. It was a zombie to begin with. Equity investors during the past six weeks came to the collective conclusion that the US is not in the early phase of an economic recovery, but in the endless middle of a structural slump, in the term of Nobel Prize winner Edmund Phelps.

President Barack Obama's response to the 2008 economic crisis that swept him into power has changed the character of the

American economy. Call it Zombinomics."

Read this: http://www.atimes.com/ati...al_Economy/MF14Dj05.html

/thread

This is a gem. Thanks for posting this.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help